• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Crobat

Yes, EE, how is the project getting along?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Project seems to be going on schedule. I've finished 10 out of 12 chapters and will be able to work on my game in these following stages:

1. setup Flash where I at least have an intro, main and gameover frames.
2. setup plain background
3. setup walls
4. get main character setup and to at least move around so it does not go into boundaries nor walls
5. get items to appear
6. get enemy character(s) setup in place, then get them to move without colliding into boundaries nor walls
7. polish things up

I expect to hopefully get all that done by end of next month, then after that will work on my presentation.

My goal is just to pass and get on.

nevada11

Never forgotten
Yup, EE & I has finally done it.

Battle Factory is finally off our backs.

Now just awaiting the release of Plantinum, just not sure how to prepare for it exactly Dx

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
With Platinum scheduled to come out on March 22, 2009 here in North America, I must finish my project before I even consider starting the adventure.

nevada11

Never forgotten
I see, well as I would remember before the release of D&P, people would breed for pokemon in preparation of the new games. For example, I would breed for a good IV'd tangela to transfer into my Pearl game in order to evolve. I just have to figure out how I can prepare for plantinum with my diamond and pearl game.

Any suggestions anyone?

I haven't still recovered from my Emerald loss(over 120 bred double/triple flawless pokemon) from almost 2 years ago, otherwise I'd be very active and up-to-date with pokemon as oppose to now

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
I see, well as I would remember before the release of D&P, people would breed for pokemon in preparation of the new games. For example, I would breed for a good IV'd tangela to transfer into my Pearl game in order to evolve. I just have to figure out how I can prepare for plantinum with my diamond and pearl game.

Any suggestions anyone?

I haven't still recovered from my Emerald loss(over 120 bred double/triple flawless pokemon) from almost 2 years ago, otherwise I'd be very active and up-to-date with pokemon as oppose to now

this is exactly what im doing right now, im currently breeding for a Special Salamence. EGG Move Hydropump. so har i got nothing its a Bold natured Bagon im going for so far iv gotten good parents but nothing worth keeping. i did get a shiny Bagon wile breeding but it was bad in IV's but then again its a Shiny Bagon with a quite Nature and Hyropump as an egg move.=D

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Here's what's done with my project so far:

- a generic screen to press the "start" button
- main character moves around screen within borders and blocks
- random items appear one at a time and reappear after collided into

I still need to work on a scoring method, timer, enemy/obstacles, and instructions for the game. I hope to have all done by the end of the month so I can polish it up and then focus on the presentation.

Edit: much progress has been done, am focusing on enemies next.

Last edited:

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Here's what's done with my project so far:

- a generic screen to press the "start" button
- main character moves around screen within borders and blocks
- random items appear one at a time and reappear after collided into

I still need to work on a scoring method, timer, enemy/obstacles, and instructions for the game. I hope to have all done by the end of the month so I can polish it up and then focus on the presentation.

Edit: much progress has been done, am focusing on enemies next.

thats good. =D hopefully you'll be done soon so there is no problems when you platinum comes out.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
At this point I'm very close to having a working game though I'll still need to fix lot of the cosmetics and then start putting together my research and a powerpoint presentation. If anybody is interested in testing it out when it's ready feel free to contact me. While I'm not aiming for it to be overwhelming, my goal is to at least get it done and pass once and for all.

edit: gameplay portion is now working, just need to fix up on cosmetics, etc...

Last edited:

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Keep up the great work with your project, EE! If you need a site to share your game so everyone can download, you can always try sites like Megaupload, but if you have your own storage, then disregard what I said.

With that being said, speaking of Platinum, I plan on posting another Platinum Battle Frontier Ranking Hall most likely 2-3 months from the release date. Hopefully, Volteon will be around to help, since last time I talked to him, he was willing to help out when necessary. I no longer maintain the D/P Battle Tower Ranking Hall - I let (s.i.e) be in charge of it due to the fact I had to deal with college work.

Last edited:

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Updates:

Gold Luck GET!
Silver Guts GET!

Silver guts took 3 tries. The first time I was unprepared and lost to her first guy. The second time, Metagross missed twice against the shedinja with rock slide, and failed a confusion roll, taking damage. The final time, Metagross killed it right away.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Updates:

Gold Luck GET!
Silver Guts GET!

Silver guts took 3 tries. The first time I was unprepared and lost to her first guy. The second time, Metagross missed twice against the shedinja with rock slide, and failed a confusion roll, taking damage. The final time, Metagross killed it right away.

yes, goodluck. =D

Platinum in 29 days. cant wait

Edit:28 days

Last edited:

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
i coudlnt go past level 3 EE.lol

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
At this point, my game is probably final, just need to prepare for my 30 minute presentation part of it.

Edit: can anybody guess which songs 3 of the sounds came from? Hint all came from either hip-hop or rap songs actually.

Last edited:

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
At this point, my game is probably final, just need to prepare for my 30 minute presentation part of it.

Edit: can anybody guess which songs 3 of the sounds came from? Hint all came from either hip-hop or rap songs actually.

darn i wouldnt know i listen to mostly rock.lol

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
I added a 4th tune which may be impossible to guess since it was an orchestrated version of an old classic rock song but had another portion of it resampled in a late 90s tune which got sued for 100% royalties.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
the battle frontiere is starting up soon we have about 17 more days to the release of pokemon platinum and then give or take a week or two beating it. for those wanting to take there time.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Ah frak. I have tried and lost to the Arena on 7 occasions. 2 by my hand moving to fast and hitting the wrong move, the other five from too many crits by the opponent, OHKOs working perfectly, me missing every attack... and other HAX. It is very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.