• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Welcome back Shiny Crobat, and don't be a stranger on IRC.

Anyways, I'll need to EV train these 3 pokemon for the battle tower which Jumpman16 used on Smogon to get almost 500 straight wins:

Bold Cresselia: 31/16/31/31/31/31 (from myself thanks to RNG abuse)
Timid Latios: 29/2/29/29/31/31
Adamant Scizor: 31/31/31/0/31/31

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Hello everybody, after a long break from pokemon (because of school and stuff), I went back into it when Platinum came out. I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with the difficulty (sp?). Of course it's by no means easy, but emerald is way harder, due to higher streaks needed for the golds and silvers. In platinum there are facilities where you get a gold symbol for the number of streaks you'd only get a silver in emerald.

That being said, I do like the new challenges, although I miss the pyramid. I was hoping that the palace would be the same, but it was not.

Otherwise, I got 4 silver symbols already, all on the first try at it. I only miss the battle factory. Speaking of wich, have you managed to get your gold symbol there EE?

My new favourite facility is the battle hall/stage, that place has choiceband slaking written all over it, I was underway to a gold print, till I made the stupid mistake of misclicking, I used Giga-impact instead of EQ on a Lairon >_>.

Also when my wi-fi get's restored (I'm buying a new stick) could someone send back and forth all first and second gen legendaries along with jirachi and deoxys, I would like to trade them from my Diamond, but I only have one DS. So it has to be done with the GTS, and therefore I need them in my pokemdex...

I hope that this place will become as lively as before.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Hello milotic111 and welcome back. Yes I did finally get that 7th and final badge from the emerald battle factory as my son did most the work while we were at the airport and on the plane on New Year's eve. Further details were posted back on pages 127-128.

Anyways for the next week I'm getting a team ready for the Video Game Showdown taking place near Philadelphia on June 6 as only 128 can get on. All I can say is that 2 of my intended pokemon have flawless IVs thanks to using the tricks with the RNG Reporter that has been so exploited and well documented over at Smogon.

It seems the people here at Serebii Forums consider that hacking so I will not argue further with them.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Evan, do you have a direct link to the thread over at smogon?

Its sounds rather interesting.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
I just won my fifth golden emerald symbol (upgrade please Volteon).

I was shifting facilities, first arena then dome then tower then platinum factory and then arena again. After losing in the arena twice in almost exactly the same way on the same battle (nr 45). I used slaking metagross and salamence, slaking kills at least one, most of the time survives the hit and thus kills two. After that metagross explodes and finishes it. However, I was using that strategy again and slaking took down one, metagross OHKO'd the other, and then I wanted to explode. But both times the opponent was faster, used double team and explosion missed. Gyarados wasn't able to beat venusaur due to missing and losing the judgment (that's why I replaced him with salamence who gets arial ace), but the second time it was a stupid walrein, who instantly froze my salamence. BTW just meteormashing was no option since this walrein also knows curse. Ironicly my rockslide with less acc hit him while explosion (from what you would think would take out all the double team clones along with the original) didn't.

Anyway I was pretty ****** and returned to the dome, there this strategy works even better cause I can take something down with slaking, switch out (or take a hit when using hyperbeam), explode/sacrefice and take the last one out with slaking aswell. I beleive choiceband slaking can OHKO every pokemon in the battle frontier, save for hyperbeam missing all the time, it ain't 90%. So using that I came to tucker, I hyperbeamed swampert, and out came metagross, who used PROTECT. I thought I was screwed, I switched to metagross who coudn't get an EQ in from himself, and back to slaking to EQ. But metagross used protect, and then on the traunt turn protect aswell. Unfortunatly it failed, because otherwise I would have been certain to hit it next turn, but it used protect again. After that it used meteormash doing around 35% damage and raising it's attack (why doesn't that ever happen to me except when it's completly useless?) , and he did NOT use protect the next turn, spelling it's doom. EQ OHKO'd and I won.

Also what I find interesting is that I haven't found a single pokemon with double team in the platinum frontier. Also the battle factory isn't full of hax this time, the times I lost I was overpowered (end-reversal scizor choice-scarf/specs porogon-z with download's special att boost and tri-attack), and not haxed to death, somehow loosing fairly feels better then having a really bad day.

BTW every pokemon with a focussash or a quick-claw get's an activation every other battle, really annoying. Luckely all the quick-clawed horn-drills missed.

Focusband- scizor with counter (ugh), milotic, something else annoying and unespected I beleive a fighting type and mudkip (KO'd my salamence with endeavor, and the next one quick-attack) WALREIN!!!!!!!

Quick-claw- rhydon, forretress, lapras and something else.

EDIT: could someone give me the stats and movesets for the tower and dojo gold battles please.

EDIT2: You won't beleive this, I tried the arena again, I came up to the opponent where I lost against that stupid walrein last time. Slaking drawed against a slowking (his second pokemon) and I thought to myself "cue walrein". And it actually appeared, I used explosion and it used double team first, explosion did not miss for a change, BUT focusband activates. At that point I knew it was over for me. I sent out salamence to arial-ace and focusband activates again as expected and he kills me with icebeam, I'm getting really fed up with that walrein now.

Last edited:

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
IF anyone's feeling ambitious:

You could make the summit a new logo, perhaps something like the Emerald Battle frontier symbol (pokéballs w/ three circles) contained inside the pentagon Platinum thing.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Again a spectacular arena loss, this time against the infamous quick-claw rhydon with a quick-clawed horndrill, EQ and critted rockslide respectivly (against slaking metagross and salamence).

BTW still looking for the detailed stats of the frontier brain pokemon.

nevada11

Never forgotten
Congrats milotic on the progress.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
2 more days until Philadelphia VGS as my team is as ready as can be. Hopefully I'll get in and participate with the luck of the drawing and get as far as I can and hopefully qualify for Nationals in St. Louis 3 weeks later.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
After some tremendous hax, I finally got the arena gold symbol (volteon I now have 6 gold symbols).

The gold battle was nothing to write about, return umbreon to weaken it (I did not want to risk hyperbeams 75% accuracy on the symbol battle), dragon dance and arial ace gengar and breloom. Umbreon lost the judgement.

But the trainer before greta was much worse. Her zapdos haxed my slaking to death with para-hax. Salamence got to beat it by critical hit rockslide, otherwise I would have lost, since my last one is starmie. Also the number of regirocks in the last round was insane. And my team is mostly physical.

Finally I lost on trainer 67 of the tower to sheercold walrein. I managed to kill it, but out came feraligatr. For a moment it looked like I would still win since icebeam did only 50% to latios, and less after a calm-mind. But right when I was about to finish it off, icebeam critted for the loss. Walrein sheercolded my ice ressist snorlax, and salamence weakened it enough with rockslide so latios could KO with psychic. All three pokemon just had to have icebeam >_>.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Well folks, I did not get selected to participate at Philadelphia to participate in VGS and am very upset about the whole thing. This may take some time to get over with and my status with further playing in the pokemon game is now in hiatus at this time though. Anyways, there's a petition that many of us at Smogon put together and am urging everybody even those that did not participate to sign this petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/443903092

So far we have 68 signatures, and need 1000, in an attempt to get TPCi (The Pokemon Company) to listen to us at least.

Edit: I used the RNG method to get my VGS shiny milotic with 31/7/31/30/31/31 with HP-Electric(70)

Last edited:

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Is no news good news?

I honestly haven't had much DS/GBA time recently, so I've got nothing to report. Wait, I got the silver symbol for the battle castle and I think I cleared the roulette as well, but that's about it.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
I probably won't get around to battle park until maybe August or September even though I have a good idea which ones I want to use for the tower. Believe it or not I'm still doing RNG resets even with wild pokemon as garchomp can now learn outrage as a move tutor and I've been catching some of my best gibles ever with a quick ball or great ball.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
well after getting 4 silver plates in Platinum i realized that Emerald Frontier is way better so im gonig back to that. so far im in the set-up process. currently playing through Leaf green for pokemon, going to buy pokemon colleseum for the dogs tomorrow and gonig to re-beat emerald and start IV breeding for the battle frontier. =]

nevada11

Never forgotten
A large part of me not playing pokemon as I used too was the time consuming process. I spent HOURS on the old Emerald days hatching eggs and getting double/triple flawless pokemon all to be lost.

Hatching eggs happens to be time consuming, so I have question.

EE, I remember you saying you use action replay? I was wondering which settings do you exactly have enabled? I want to hatch eggs at a faster pace but the problem is I also want to play pokemon competitively and enter tourneys. I most certainly do not want to be disqualified because they 'detect' an action replay in my system.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
I use an action replay, but only with the 4th generation games as I primarily use the cloning and check IVs code, alternate with the Check EV code, and use my 2nd DS whenever I need to max out my TMs, berries, balls and potions. My main DS' left and right buttons are broken so I can't use the instant breeding code. Since I consider myself retired from breeding, I don't even use the fast hatch code anymore.

So far as breeding, I advice to get familiar with RNG abusing as there is that big discussion topic on smogon that covers that, and while it may be tricky to learn, I've at least become proficient in catching legendary and various wild pokemon with desired IVs, nature and even go after shiny pokemon if they have desired IV spreads.

nevada11

Never forgotten
Hmm, I see. Yeah I just don't like IV checking & hatching 10,000 steps eggs. Very time consuming. I guess fast hatches and the value checkers work in that respect.

I'll look into 'RNG abusing' whatever that might be, lol. Why are you retired from breeding man? You were the main person whom inspired me to do that in the first place, lol. )=

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Further in-depth details about RNG abusing can now be found in http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97

After seeing others that can now breed and RNG abuse with ease, and I can easily trade with such people, I found my new niche doing wild/legend RNG captures and find those rather fascinating to work with. If whenever I do the battle tower I will at least use some of such pokemon in my party. I just haven't had the inspiration to get back into the battle park as of lately.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
... If only Game Freak would make another BF as good as Emerald's. If HG/SS will really have the same Frontier as Platinum, this little sewing circle won't have much to talk about, or even ways to get new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.