• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Golden Sun Thread!

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Wow. No one has made one of these yet? Anyways, welcome to the Golden Sun thread, where discussions about anything in Golden Sun games are welcome. (but you knew that already.)

ALL SPPF RULES APPLY.

Just to get things started..

Anyone have any tips for fighting Briggs?

TheGreaterLucario

........You're having trouble with Briggs? That guy is easy as- ah, nevermind. Well, I'd reccomend making effective use of your Djinn and Summons, as well as having your physical attackers use their basic attacks, and your magic attackers use their better Psynergy. When he summons the two Sea Fighters, just blanket him.

Chalis

Victorious
I didn't worry about the sea fighters at first, I had someone healing while I used Echo and Fume Psynergy and Cannon and stuff. When I was done, the fighters were easy as pie.

Now, Dullahan... That's hard. I had to level all eight to Level 50 to win.

I sadly haven't played GSDD yet.

How about I ask a question:

What is your favorite song or theme from the series?

Jenna Battle for me.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
I finished Golden Sun Dark Dawn recently and I loved it to bits. My only qualm with it is that we don't get to explore the world that isn't covered in darkness. It would have made for a better post-game (imo), as the enemies would have changed; I suppose, though that it's good that it's setting the series up for a sequel.

Somehow, I got through the entire game without once using the Djinns for attacking or healing or anything, really.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Haha I made this thread a while back but it eventually died, so I hope this one fares better!

This is easily in my top 3 games series of all time (Zelda, Golden Sun, Pokemon in no order if you are wondering), as they are like my perfect style. I love the music, it is absolutely superb, and the graphics, for their time, were ground-breaking for portable consoles! The stroy has little twists and turns. They are pretty difficult at some points. Oh, and the puzzles are great (apart from Dark Dawn xP). Oh, and finally, the characters are memorable and likeable too! Not much to dislike in my opinion!

I am pretty surprised Psynergy hasn't posted on here, as he is Golden Sun mad xD

Chalis

Victorious
I battled Briggs before Air's Rock and Garoh, he was still sorta easy.

Phsy-Spark

Oh yes.

How about you avoid sequence-breaking into his fight and instead go around the rest of the continent to do what you're really meant to do first?

He is required at the stage I'm at. In order to get Peirs, you need to beat him, and in turn you get a boat.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
What is your favorite song or theme from the series?
Saturos Battle.I haven't played that far into Golden Sun,but I have fought him.

Plus,does anyone else know the trick for renaming Issac's party?If you don't it's easy!Press select three times before you hit "END" after entering Issac's name.You can then name his party!It works with the Lost Age,too.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
He is required at the stage I'm at. In order to get Peirs, you need to beat him, and in turn you get a boat.

No, you don't understand. I'm assuming that you headed directly to him instead of going to Air Rock first as you're supposed to. A LOT of people ended up fighting him first as a result, which made them think the game was really hard.

Phsy-Spark

No, you don't understand. I'm assuming that you headed directly to him instead of going to Air Rock first as you're supposed to. A LOT of people ended up fighting him first as a result, which made them think the game was really hard.

Going to Air Rock first is actually optional.

Chalis

Victorious
Just like the whole Saturos/Tret Tree stuff, in which Saturos is really hard if you don't fight Tret first.

Also did any of you know you could go to Crossbone Isle as early as the Karagol Sea?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The Golden Sun series is my favourite Nintendo series that does not get as much love as the "big three" (Mario, Pokemon and Zelda), favourite battle themes would be Saturos' boss battle theme and the final boss theme for The Lost Age, honourable mentions go to Isaac's and Jenna's battle themes.

As for fighting Briggs, I agree he is tough if you face as soon as you can as I lost a few times when I did that during my first play through of the game, but on subsequent play throughs, I chose to clear Airs Rock first and found him to be more manageable due to my party's higher stats and having access to stronger weapons and armour.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, threads for the series have been made multiple times in the past, they just tend to die out due to lack of activity. There's also the fact that the series is in an indefinite hiatus at the moment, so there tends to be less to discuss.

As for Briggs, he's definitely an awkward fight. He's beatable if you fight him as soon as you reach him, but it's a lot more difficult since the game's expectation is that you've visited Air's Rock already, therefore being at a higher level as a result. Otherwise it's a much more reasonable fight, like most other fights in the game.

TheGreaterLucario

I finished Golden Sun Dark Dawn recently and I loved it to bits. My only qualm with it is that we don't get to explore the world that isn't covered in darkness. It would have made for a better post-game (imo), as the enemies would have changed; I suppose, though that it's good that it's setting the series up for a sequel.

Somehow, I got through the entire game without once using the Djinns for attacking or healing or anything, really.

Really the only complaints I have about Dark Dawn are
1. The
cliff-hanger ending
And
2. We STILL haven't been blesses with a boss fight against a certain blue-haired futhermucker.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Really the only complaints I have about Dark Dawn are
1. The
cliff-hanger ending
And
2. We STILL haven't been blesses with a boss fight against a certain blue-haired futhermucker.

It was...intensely frustrating for me. I was all geared-up to do some exploring at the cabin area...but no.

2. ...I promise you that ___'ll be the final boss battle of the next game. Just you wait and see. Or ___ joins the party.

Phsy-Spark

It was...intensely frustrating for me. I was all geared-up to do some exploring at the cabin area...but no.

2. ...I promise you that ___'ll be the final boss battle of the next game. Just you wait and see. Or ___ joins the party.

Yeah. He was going to join the party in LA, but was cut. Well, replaced by Piers. But cut

Thanks for the tips. I decided to go to Air Rock. The reason I didn't want to is because I already made it across Yampi Desert and I didn't want to go through it for the billionth time. (I also have very bad geographical sense in those games, unlike in life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I was unware that Crossbone Isle in the first Golden Sun could be accessed as early as the Karagol Sea, the online guides I read at the time suggested that the pink tornado in the Suhalla Desert was the only way to access it.

An interesting thing to note is that the first two games are avaliable on the Wii U Virtual Console, altough Golden Sun: The Lost Age is only avaliable on Japan's Wii U Virtual Console for the time been. How they handle the data transfer feature needed to obtain all 72 Djinn is a bit of a mystery however, aside from the obivious use of the password system.

Also have you used RNG abuse to obtain rare items in the first two games?

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

I was unware that Crossbone Isle in the first Golden Sun could be accessed as early as the Karagol Sea, the online guides I read at the time suggested that the pink tornado in the Suhalla Desert was the only way to access it.

An interesting thing to note is that the first two games are avaliable on the Wii U Virtual Console, altough Golden Sun: The Lost Age is only avaliable on Japan's Wii U Virtual Console for the time been. How they handle the data transfer feature needed to obtain all 72 Djinn is a bit of a mystery however, aside from the obivious use of the password system.

Also have you used RNG abuse to obtain rare items in the first two games?

As a matter of fact, yes. I've used the RNG-abuse trick to obtain those rare weapon drops from certain monsters. (i.e. Tisiphone Edge from a Cruel Dragon)