• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The good old days

DryBones

Event Collector
Ive just found my old collection of Pokémon cards (I stopped collecting in 2007) and Ive been looking through them and noticed how much I love the 'old' cards from the Base/Jungle/Fossil and the Neo Revolution/Genesis sets. I'd been collecting since the days of the Base Set until about 2003-2004, then I sold my collection.

I started a new collection (which was even bigger and better) at the beginning of 2007 and stopped my buying at the end of the year.

Sure I've got a few EX and Lvl X cards myself but the new ones just arent the same in my opinion, they've lost some of the appeal.

The artwork isnt as cool anymore either. There was something 'kooky' about most of the older cards, especially Kagemaru Himeno's illustrations.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Anyone else here who's loving the nostalgia?

I ended up buying 8 'Brock' cards from the Gym Leaders set tonight on eBay. Real good prices too.

Pkmn_Collector

Go Go Power Rangers
i definitely agree on you on the original sets.they had a more different outlook to the game than they do now.i still love the fact that alot of people went wild over the original base set charizard card so much.now i still remember seeing those rare japanese cards now like the pikachu illustrator card lily pad mew which we got later on and the birthday pikachu card.those were the good old days lol.i still have my cards from way back and have kept them all in my old book.i remember going somewhere to visit my uncle and i ended up finding the japanese southern island collection cards fo a cheap price as well