• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Pokemon Sprites

kyle_hyde_215

The downside of fame. Pikachu has had weight issues since 1997. By the next set of games, Pikachu will be annorexic and will finally learn Spit Up.

I would personally love to see that
That ditto sprite looks he's being attacked by a kid with a magnifying glass

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The one with Moltres looks pretty awesome. The flame wings are what make it look too hot. :)
The Articuno's pretty artistic. The tail makes it look cool and graceful. Not that bad of a sprite.
I just screamed when I saw the Ekans sprite. The mouth is what my mouth looked like when I saw it.
Dragonite lookes like it has a bump between it's wings.
Haha, the Machop sprite is awesome, but does the robot terrible. :D But it's definitly not my favorite.
Charmeleon and Dewgong's back sprite look almost the same.
Snorlax...is just looking at me, just like the Arbok. :eek:

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
The downside of fame. Pikachu has had weight issues since 1997. By the next set of games, Pikachu will be annorexic and will finally learn Spit Up.

To sig or not to sig?
Now to make this not spam...http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/476.shtml
This just looks freaky. It goes to show that the 4th Gen games aren't immune to ugly sprites... Platinum makes it look badas■, though.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Sneasel This sprite is a disgrace compared to how awesome Sneasel is. The Platinum Sneasel, I have to say, is AMAZING!

Weaile Same as Sneasel. This sprite is disgusting. But Platinum Weavile is AMAZING!

Ludicolo All the Ludicolo sprites look the same: uninteresting. Why can't they give out some Ludicolo love? WHY?

Delibird I love the Pokemon, hate the sprite.

Quagsire Same as Delibird. I don't know, but this sprite is just so UGLY! Poor Quagsire. [Yes, this image is my avatar. But I was in a Quagsire-y mood that day.

Walrein I don't think Walrein could look any uglier. And it's not an ugly Pokemon -_-;;

Meditite Ugh those ears... same goes for Medicham... the male sprites have strangely placed ears.

Jynx There's only one Jynx sprite I've ever liked, and it was a sprite that was print-screened half way through it's animation. This one, and all other Jynx sprites, are so hideous, it's not even funny. And I like Jynx...

Last edited:

bluesonic1

Bird, Wolf, Dragon~
That mew is sure ugly

Second that. I saw it and I couldn't hold back saying EWW out loud. The golbat is pretty gross too. But Mew looks like some old man skeleton!!

Brodioh

Rocking The World
jynx looks scary but mew is downright ugly

_Hidan_

You lost the game :D
that exeggutor gave me nightmares.....

_Hidan_

You lost the game :D
that exeggutor gave me nightmares.....

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Its just amazing at how the Pokemon back then didn't even look like Pokemon and how drastically they've changed

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Sneasel This sprite is a disgrace compared to how awesome Sneasel is. The Platinum Sneasel, I have to say, is AMAZING!

Weaile Same as Sneasel. This sprite is disgusting. But Platinum Weavile is AMAZING!

Ludicolo All the Ludicolo sprites look the same: uninteresting. Why can't they give out some Ludicolo love? WHY?

Delibird I love the Pokemon, hate the sprite.

Quagsire Same as Delibird. I don't know, but this sprite is just so UGLY! Poor Quagsire. [Yes, this image is my avatar. But I was in a Quagsire-y mood that day.

Walrein I don't think Walrein could look any uglier. And it's not an ugly Pokemon -_-;;

Meditite Ugh those ears... same goes for Medicham... the male sprites have strangely placed ears.

Jynx There's only one Jynx sprite I've ever liked, and it was a sprite that was print-screened half way through it's animation. This one, and all other Jynx sprites, are so hideous, it's not even funny. And I like Jynx...

I don't see anything wrong with those sprites,they look okay to me..Though the Meditite's ears are odd.
The Jynx looks alittle creepy too.

Pokemon in the first generation seemed more..More like generic Monster series Monsters.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I argree with every thing you said.But those were the Japenesones.The American one looked way better.But they were pretty ugly too.

Your talking about the Green sprites?
Well,technically,those are both the Red/Blue and the japanese Blue ones.
Red and Blue are from the japanese Blue,which is a basically Green/Red with new sprites(I think glitchs were fixed too).

I'm not sure if the Red/Blue are just Red and Blue(japanese Blue) with new sprites added to Red,or Blue with stuff changed to seperate the games.

mew801

I always thought this Geodude sprite was always cool. Way better than Red Blue and Green's