1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Pokemon Sprites

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Estuary, Jan 3, 2009.

1. kyle_hyde_215

kyle_hyde_215 Well-Known Member

Probopass' platnium sprite looks like he scared and hiding in a corner
    That animated geodude reminds me of an old man yelling at kids

2. Mario-Sonic

Mario-Sonic Former NSider

A lot of the Red, Blue, and Green sprites truly were ugly looking. They had improved a bit in the Yellow version, and got better in the Gold, Silver, and Crystal versions. Apparently, as Pokemon evolved, so have the appearances of Pokemon sprites. Although, some of the Platinum sprites do look quite weird.

3. Starlight Aurate

Starlight Aurate Just a fallen star

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  4. _Hidan_

_Hidan_ You lost the game :D

5. Mela

Mela pasbl. newbie

Even though we think that some of the poses of the Dppt sprites are hideous we can't ignore the fact that ehy no longer look demented or abnormal, they look how they're meant to look now ... if you get what I mean

6. Mela

Mela pasbl. newbie

Even though we think that some of the poses of the Dppt sprites are hideous we can't ignore the fact that ehy no longer look demented or abnormal, they look how they're meant to look now ... if you get what I mean

7. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

Ninetales was never supposed to look how she looks in her D/P sprite.

8. mew801

mew801 Well-Known Member

Ok this back sprite of Charizard makes it look anorexic.

Poor Guy

So do you mean to tell me that this Ninetales sprite is better than this one?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  9. Mela

Mela pasbl. newbie

As in the quality, clarity and overall viewing of the sprites have improved. I did mention before that poses and what nots may be worse for some Pokemon but I still prefer that Ninetales pose.

10. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

yes the poses some of the older sprites had were genious but the quality was not, though taken into account the space they had, they were good for back then, so any of the newer style sprites could probally look great in the poses of there prehistoric brethern.

11. Mela

Mela pasbl. newbie

I liked the old Arcanine pose the best xD

12. Meh, the old sprites were hard to look at. But the sprites from the G/S/C are my favorites since they gave the pokemon some personality (especially the Crystal animations)... Yeah.

Quality = D/P/P
    Personality = G/S/C

IMHO.

13. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

Yeah, the new sprites today from Gen.3-4 look real well, and good enough to see.

The old ones are way too blocky, compared to the sprites today, plus they're all moving at the beginning. :)

14. EmberStar the Blaziken

EmberStar the Blaziken Kung-Pow Chicken

Anyone remember how bad Golbat's sprite was in R/B? It made it look like a twisted dragon. Also, Charizard's sprite looked almost sweet in R/B.

15. Mela

Mela pasbl. newbie

LOL The Golbat one was on the front pagge the one with its tongue hanging out? Funny one

16. Chatot Master

Chatot Master Master Of all Chatot

God, it creeps me out to see that the Porygon sprite is always watching you. Charizard looks deformed along with odd Mew. Wigglytuff looks like it's head is in the process of shrinking....

17. mew801

mew801 Well-Known Member

I really wanna know what Wigglytuff was on when they made this sprite

18. Ilex

Ilex Oddish plzkthnxbai

Neither, actually. This is actually the best Ninetales sprite and one of the best Pokemon sprites overall.

19. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

The DP machoke looks like Barney on steroids, if you look at the head just right.

20. mew801

mew801 Well-Known Member