• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Pokemon Sprites

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Plus it likes to sniff it's armpit, yuck! as for his older sprites, when i first saw him in yellow, while his black outline was moving across the screen i thought it was a missingno!

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Haha that ninetales sprite was sooo nice, I didn't like the one where its tails were everywhere

burninator59

So many pokemon look so much differnt in the newer games. When i went back and played blue again, i couldnt recognize Goldeen, Ekans, or Machop, and that Kakuna with arms is crazy.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Pokemon Green's Mew sprite is almost undeniably the worst of the bunch.

It's like the hunchback of Poke-Dame.

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Got to say I actually like that Golbat sprite that everyone hates! I think its funny!

burninator59

yeah thats the only golbat that looks scary. the R/S/E one looks so wimpy

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
A lot of the newer pokemon sprites seem less feroceos, the sharpness and darkness of the older sprites made them appear more dangerous.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
The Dppt sprites show the Pokemon in a more, weary and cautious stance as to show that they're n battle

ar.tor

master of the light
gotta love that scyther tho

Pellio

Camp Casual Citizen
Yeah, the black shading on some of the old sprites was cool, gave them edge.

invisible-chan

ポッキ の かみ
This is way late, but
I always knew Haunter's old sprite was dumb.
NO! Fail! Haunter's old sprite was amazing! It was menacing and looked extremely evil. Like it was just about to eat your soul.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
I wonder if this is relevant.

But the Nidorino sprite is pretty scary ... hell Nidorino is scary as it is!

PurpleMew

no promises
I have to say out of all the sprites i love Sneasels Platinum sprite but so so hate all of Jynx and Registeels sprite; Psychic hag and Hitler suporter much lol :}

L0L

Banned
Torterra's every sprite

ewwwwwww

kemal07

oh god i hated goldbats cheap one :D
OMG :d MEW looks disabled :D hhahah
well technology is advancing :D