• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Pokemon Sprites

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
VampireTogekiss.png

Yall just had ta say it didn't ya? But ya gotta admit, fearow's green sprite did justice to the red sprite(i thought the top wing was a comb 0_o)

Mela

pasbl. newbie
LMAO at that Sprite, I think that the one Pokemon that has the top notch sprites in diamond / pearl - platinum was Infernape.

Spr_4d_392.png

Spr_4p_392.png

Cuthrout

yeah the wiggly tuff is on summert :p. i think in 4th gen vileplume was destroyed by its sprite :(

Last edited:

Mela

pasbl. newbie
The one where its head was bowed down? Eh I didn't mind it that much. One that I REALLY didn't like was the RSE sprite of Ninetales DX

mangaeyes

Lol.

But I do like looking back at old sprites or seeing them all compared to eachother for a single Pokemon. I like how simple they were but still awesome.

Fel_pheonix

<= "I can see you"
my best spite is DP deoxys in normal form

the worst was goldbat from R/B/Y first thing i said. WTF is that?

mew801

~Cosmic~

The Plot Thickens
Anyone notice how Porygon2's feet seem to change in size every generation?

Mela

pasbl. newbie
WOW That so doesn't look like a Vaporeon !!!
I wonder how people used them before (I didn't play the old games)

burninator59

At first, I thought I clicked on the wrong thing or got a messed up Kakuna. Just picture a kakuna with huge eyes, you get this.

mew801

Omg that back sprite is disgusting! Is that from yellow or blue/red?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Magmar and jynx in Gold love eachother, they both are in kissing poses and when one is flipped it looks to be kissing the other

Mela

pasbl. newbie
LOL they so do !!! But maybe that's just their lips :p