• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

+/ [the gpx+ and vdex fan club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Araleon

Chill
What did you get from your "Christmas Presents"?
Wurmple, Numel, and Water Jewel.

What do you think the Jewels will do?
No clue. Maybe a new Fakemon?

What do you think the club can do to raise activity?
I agree, the only thing I can think of is another shiny hunt.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Now that the Raffle is done, I feel this needs to be said. I hope BA won't mind.

Do NOT, under any circumstances, complain about the Raffle. No one was entitled to a legendary, and thusly not everyone got a legendary. Simply state whether nor not you got something, and if you did what it is, and leave it at that.

Hopefully that will eliminate posts that involve anger at the Raffle.

I got nothing from the Raffle. With the Shiny Hunt being Relicanth, I don't think I'll join in. I've got school to worry about, and having to hatch 10, 240 eggs under a time limit is just too much. In one day, Xylophone got to around Lv.75, and now she's Lv.88. Still working on the Quiet Forest Exploration. The Honchkrow is around Lv.42.

I just wanted to leave with the note that my activity is going to drop immensely over the next week. I've got School to worry about, and something related to band that I have to practice for. Not to mention that my Birthday is on Saturday.

LugiaLov

I've come back from the dead! Well, I've decided to start being more active.

This recent event rekindled my love for gpxplus. For some reason I love the feeling of checking your party for an event egg. This time around, I didn't get anything. I hope we have more events like this, and like how they used to be.

I have completed the pichu exploration. This was my first exploration to complete. I've started the celebi one but right now, opera's acting up so clicking will have to wait.

Congrats on anything that people may have aquired!

:)

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
I got a Stunky, Chingling and a Grass Jewel.

I ahve no clue at all :/ Possible something to do with the corresponding pokemon type.

Well I have brought this subject up a few times but it has not been recognized :/ Obviously I want a shiny hunt, this hopefully will attract the now inactive members and may encourage them to post around here a little more.

Random thought but maybe a shiny hunt tourney? Like we each get paired up with a member here and send a shiny hunt request to them, and whoever beats the other member to the shiny moves on to the next round and gets paired up again to hunt for a shiny and so on till there are two members here left. This will be much more interesting than our previous shiny races and I reckon after the Relicanth race we should try it out.

For the x3 day I clicked a little, not much seeing as the lag made it stressful. I hatched over 100 eggs and released like 20+boxes of shiny fails. I scored about 38 entries in the draw and got a Past Misdreavus. I saw one guy get two 5th gen legends, I was really jealous XD

Aaaand my recent shines since my last post:

I got him after 641 Combee's, about 350 eggs after my previous shiny Combee. He is another gender fail bu hopefully I will get a female before my 1500 are complete.

She was a random egg from the x3 madness. And she was a New Years Day gift, as she hatched on 1/1/11. She can go right next to the Graveller who hatched on 10/10/10.

She hatched not long ago and was a big surprise. She was egg 222 (I love these special bunch of numbers XD )

I am still thinking what to call these shinies :) 33 all up now with my shiny ratio being pushed down to 252.

But with these lucky shinies also comes bad luck. 5th gen shinies still evade me as I picked the wrong egg and bred someone a shiny Kumashun :L Damn... Almost 200 Kumashuns in the hunt and I need the daycare for my still ongoing Eb hunt.

Speaking of shiny Hunts, my Farfetch'd has reached 650 egg @_@ and I cannot find any ground Burmy's anywhere. I am still on 9 eggs XD And as for the Relicanth site hunt, I will be on holidays, unless I get a shiny on the first day it will be over for me.

Happy New Year!

~Goods

Last edited:

Majexs137

TYPHLOSION RULZ!!!!
Is it possible for me to join this club?

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Is it possible for me to join this club?

Only for people who look at the first post ^_______^

*uses revive*

So all the rest of the 5th Gen Eggies were released today, I ended up getting some of the lesser ones I wanted. I have one more egg grab today, hoping for the fossilbird of the death mask :3 I got a miniwargle too, I LOVE it's egg design.

Congrats to goods for all his new shinies :)

Also, for anyone with a lj account, there is a gpx+ comm. I'm on, here's the link!

Majexs137

TYPHLOSION RULZ!!!!
Username: Majexs137
GPX Plus Username: Majexs137
GPX Plus Party Link: http://my.gpxpl.us/Majexs137
How long you have been on GPX Plus: January 3 (noob status)
How active you are on GPX Plus: Weekdays, mostly when I have time.

This seems cool.

Manchee

extra toasty
Username: Majexs137
GPX Plus Username: Majexs137
GPX Plus Party Link: http://my.gpxpl.us/Majexs137
How long you have been on GPX Plus: January 3 (noob status)
How active you are on GPX Plus: Weekdays, mostly when I have time.

This seems cool.

No, because you ignored Mr. Joker and did not read the first post. And I suggest you actually do that if you want to join this club.

News: Mehhhhhh. I'm not doing much on GPX+. I always have a tab on Firefox opened with my Party up, and I just refresh every once in a while, and then sometimes stalk the Dream World for a bit before I get a new egg. I will try to do the Relicanth hunt, but I doubt it'll do any good, lol.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Actually, it is not Majexs137 that is missing something. The first post is missing the correct form to join. As a result, Majexs137 took the one from the first posts and thusly was not in the wrong.

Okay, so I'd have posted earlier this week but I've been dealing with Food Poisoning and School. I have been unsuccessful getting a great deal of new eggs. So far, I've gotten Mamanbou, Maggyo, Kaburumo, and Monozu.

I managed to get my Honchkrow to Lv.100 and feed the Celebi 160 Cheri Berries. Now I've just got to get 2.5K interactions and then I'll be on the final task.

*goes off to click, stalk the Dream World, and play Black*

Manchee

extra toasty
Actually, it is not Majexs137 that is missing something. The first post is missing the correct form to join. As a result, Majexs137 took the one from the first posts and thusly was not in the wrong.

That's not right D: I got rid of the form to join on purpose, since I figured it was too easy for people to just see a form and fill it out without reading the rules. And it's obvious that this user didn't read everything, because there's still something he should be including in his posts. >>

Good luck to everyone in the shiny hunt~ I need to find myself some Relicanth eggs so that I can breed them once they hatch ^^ I also still need to find some of the more recent fifth generation eggs. Meh ^^

Majexs137

TYPHLOSION RULZ!!!!
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

EDIT: I am asking if I could join this group because I do not know a lot of people who actually have an account to GPX+.
Anyway, This would give me an idea of what to do on the site. I really like the site and would really wish to join this thread.

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
^Responded through PM, and you'll be accepted once you read it and do everything.

Sooooo. I've been clicking today, getting Relicanth eggs and whatnot, when I went to the Dream World and got an egg I didn't have yet. It was the fire anteater thing, so I didn't think it was a big deal.

IT'S A BIG DEAL NOW.

I didn't even know what the shiny form looked like, but I love it! It's my first generation shiny, and even though I wasn't looking for it I'm happy I got it.

I won't be online for a few hours (going to the movies with my gf :DDD), and I hope I'll be able to click when I get back.

EDIT: Brownie points if you know where Shizuru's nickname comes from ;P

Last edited:

zenzai

Sweet and Delicious
^I've no idea where the nickname comes from, so I don't get the brownie points, but now I can't stop associating the shiny anteater's colors with some sort of raspberry and strawberry-creme-filled brownie. ...yum. <3 Congrats on getting your first gen shiny! (and ooh, movies sound fun. :p bf and I almost never go to see movies in theaters any longer, what with ticket prices being outrageous around here and the bed bug scare. >_<)

And I am back from the dead, as well! *flails arms*
Time to answer some discussion questions that are pretty much out of date by now, but what the heck.

Jolly Male Delibird from a cute voucher (not shiny, but made me laugh. :3), a Koffing from a purple voucher (meh), and an Ice Jewel.

Not... sure. It's been confirmed that they won't have anything to do with getting new legendaries, and I'm not sure that we'll be able to collect full sets of jewels ever, so I'm kind of out of ideas, since it seems like they won't be used for the same purposes they serve in-game, either. /unoriginal

I agree with advertising more. (>__< I'll make some sort of link to the club in my GPX sig once I've the time and and un-lazy enough to do so)

Goods' shiny tourney idea sounds interesting (only downside is that it could take a long time to finish), and a shiny race/club dress-up contest/other contest does sound like it might drum-up a little more activity. If we do a contest, though, would it be ok to have prizes? E.g. any (breedable) novelty of their choice for the first three places. (I'd be happy to do the breeding).

And random but urrrrrgh I'm starting to get antsy about this Relicanth hunt. 174 eggs in, and I keep on remembering how long the Pichu hunt took me (over 800 eggs. >_<).

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on

Short hunt o.o 57 eggs.

Well, I've been pretty inactive recently, only clicking palpads, if anything. I was surprised how the site went yesterday lag-wise, it was always smooth for me x3

And I have a new idea for a contest, it would run a couple of months though: Movie Related Shiny Hunts.

Every month we choose a movie, it would go in order so (if we do this) February is the first movie, March is the second, and so on. I think it could be fun and with the right amount of advertising on GPX+ we could get some new members and better activity. I was thinking the list could go a little like this:

February [Mewtwo Strikes Back]: Clones
March [The Power of One]: Slowpoke
April [Spell of the Unown]: ??? (Unown seem a little hard to hunt for... but that's just me)
May [Celebi: Voice of the Forest]: Pupitar? or something else?
June [Heroes: Latios and Latias]: ???
July [Jirachi Wish Maker]: Absol
August [Destiny Deoxys]: Plusle/Minun or Munchlax
September [Lucario and the Mystery of Mew]: Riolu
October [Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea]: ???
November [The Rise of Darkrai]: ???
December [Giratina and the Sky Warrior]: Shieldon?
January [Arceus and the Jewel of Life]: ???
Febuary [Zoroark: Master of Illusions]: Zorua

and that would take a long time :/ Maybe we mash it up into one month where you only have to get one?

or a 5th Gen Shiny hunt would be fun too!

Manchee

extra toasty
^I've no idea where the nickname comes from, so I don't get the brownie points, but now I can't stop associating the shiny anteater's colors with some sort of raspberry and strawberry-creme-filled brownie. ...yum. <3 Congrats on getting your first gen shiny! (and ooh, movies sound fun. :p bf and I almost never go to see movies in theaters any longer, what with ticket prices being outrageous around here and the bed bug scare. >_<)

It's from the anime Yu Yu Hakusho ^___^ And the movie we went and saw was only $5 for a ticket, and it was in an old place where plays used to go on, so there was a huge balcony area where we got to sit :D

And I have a new idea for a contest, it would run a couple of months though: Movie Related Shiny Hunts.

Every month we choose a movie, it would go in order so (if we do this) February is the first movie, March is the second, and so on. I think it could be fun and with the right amount of advertising on GPX+ we could get some new members and better activity. I was thinking the list could go a little like this:

February [Mewtwo Strikes Back]: Clones
March [The Power of One]: Slowpoke
April [Spell of the Unown]: ??? (Unown seem a little hard to hunt for... but that's just me)
May [Celebi: Voice of the Forest]: Pupitar? or something else?
June [Heroes: Latios and Latias]: ???
July [Jirachi Wish Maker]: Absol
August [Destiny Deoxys]: Plusle/Minun or Munchlax
September [Lucario and the Mystery of Mew]: Riolu
October [Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea]: ???
November [The Rise of Darkrai]: ???
December [Giratina and the Sky Warrior]: Shieldon?
January [Arceus and the Jewel of Life]: ???
Febuary [Zoroark: Master of Illusions]: Zorua

and that would take a long time :/ Maybe we mash it up into one month where you only have to get one?

or a 5th Gen Shiny hunt would be fun too!

ffffffff That's my favorite idea so far. (sorry it's taken me a while to acknowledge any ideas for hunts/etc) For this idea though, I think it would be easier to mash them together in groups, like for February, you can hunt the specified one from the first, second, or third movie. Then in March, you can hunt the ones from the fourth, fifth, and sixth movies. Then the Zoroark movie can be by itself, as a finale to the hunts ^^ Here are my ideas for which shinies to hunt:

February
Mewtwo Strikes Back - Clones (I really like this one ^^)
The Power of One - Slowpoke
Spell of the Unown - either Charizard (iirc doesn't he come to the rescue or something?) or Teddiursa (one of the Pokémon Molly battle Brock with :3)

March
Celebi: Voice of the Forest - either Larvitar or Charmander (since Oak had one when he was a kid in this)
Heroes: Latios and Latias - Wailmer (apparently it debuted in this movie)
Jirachi Wish Maker - Absol

April
Destiny Deoxys - Munchlax
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - Riolu
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea - Mantyke

May
The Rise of Darkrai - Lickitung (I remember that guy with a Lickilicky the most for some reason xD)
Giratina and the Sky Warrior - either Eevee (since some people thought Sky Forme Shaymin would be an evo ><) or Magnemite (since it was Zero's main Pokémon)
Arceus and the Jewel of Life - Johto starters (plus this also gives a variety of choices :3)

June
Zoroark: Master of Illusions - Zorua

yay4ideas.

Araleon

Chill
For Spell of the Unown, I vote Teddiursa since Molly got a Teddiursa at the end of the movie, like, during the credits it showed her getting one.

I like Charmander for Celebi: Voice of the Forest.

Maybe fossil Pokemon in general for Heroes: Latios and Latias? I remember that big machine revived a bunch of fossils that wreaked havoc. Not necessarily the fossil novelties for the hunt, but the normal fossils from Kanto: Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactyl.

I vote Magnemite for Giratina!

And, yeah, haha

CuriousHeartless

I solemnly swear I am up to no good. I just joined a little after midnight today, I stay up really late, and already bred four eggs that I donated and hatched a hippopotas so I want to join this club.

Username: Kissmygrass96
GPX Plus Username: Grass Master96
GPX Plus Party Link: http://gpxplus.net/user/Grass+Master96
How long you have been on GPX Plus: 12:20-something this morning.
How active you are on GPX Plus: Almost constantly on, except for when I am at school or gone somewhere.

Also, I need help identifying an egg. The description is "A plain white egg with a thin wavy line going across it. Supposed to be the egg of some sort of bug.". I checked and couldn't find any pure white bugs that are unevolved I checked again, it is nincada. I am not going to participate in a shiny hunt this early in my career, but may I say, I quite like your idea.

Last edited:

Mudkip8003

Hey guys, I came out of my grave :3 Since I've been gone, not much happened, I did get 3 badges, and I got Chrome so I can mass-click. I did get a shiny:

I got him from the Christmas event, along with a Mareep egg and a Bug Jewel. Didn't get anything from the recent event, and I'm in the shiny hunt. Hope we get some epic prizes >:D

EzzPeon

just a passerby

yay, shiny mantine :D
It was pure luck, I wasn't hunting ^_^

also got a groudon, I'm happy :]
I'm not sure what shiny I will hunt now, I was thinking of feebas...

Status
Not open for further replies.