• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Graduate's Path (May contain violence and language)

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
The Graduate's Path (PG)

Info: This fic takes place in an original region where one must have a degree in any Pokemon study to be an official Trainer. The main character, Rukus, is 17 and has a degree in both Pokemon Battles & Training and Orienteering. The law of the region says that a student may only have 3 Pokemon maximum, but the limit changes to 6 once they have a trainer's license. A trainer's license is permitted to students who apply for one and have a C grade or higher in any Pokemon study. All Pokemon apply to this region. Ask for anything else to be elaborated on and I'll add it to the OOC for the next chapter.
Rukus wears a white t-shirt and a blue hooded-jacket. He has shoulder-length black hair and square glasses. He wears black trousers and white trainers.
Enjoy and sorry if the chapters seem a little short, this seems to be a problem with me, but I will make them longer in future.

Prologue

Rukus was at his graduation ceremony from Wishend-Town Secondary School, happily about to leave with an A* in 'Pokemon Battles & Training', with a B in 'Pokemon Orienteering' on the side. Due to the laws of the region he lived in, anyone without a degree in any Pokemon study was not allowed to evolve or train Pokemon. Since he now held this degree, he received his license from the Pokemon League and could now travel the region.
Rukus had 3 Pokemon to begin his journey; Zorua; Turtwig and Sentret. After saying his goodbyes to everyone, he began his journey at Road 1.

"I'm so stoked for this, Zorua!" Rukus happily said as the two walked on the cobble beside the grass.
The Pokemon cheered out, but then stopped to listen.
"You hear that?" Rukus asked.
A Pokemon was nearby, possibly rustling in the trees. Zorua instantly ran to a tree and used Tackle on the tree. A branch snapped off and a leaf-coated Burmy followed with it.
"A Burmy...makes a good first captured Pokemon I suppose! Zorua, Fury Swipes!" Rukus commanded.
Zorua ran to the seemingly helpless Burmy and readied its claws for an attack. Burmy then tensed and released a spherical force field, knocking Zorua back as he charged towards Burmy.
"Ah damn. Protect." Rukus said, "Well we have a counter! Zorua, Taunt!"
Zorua began to chuckle at the Burmy, and then fell over with laughter, displaying how weak he thought it looked. The Burmy became upset and lost focus, which is when Zorua went in for another Fury Swipes. The repetitive attack hit Burmy hard, which signaled Rukus to take action.
"Burmy, you're gonna be mine!" Rukus called, throwing a PokeBall at it.
Burmy was taken in by the ball, which landed on the ground and shook. After 3 shakes the button in the middle shone red. Rukus had caught Burmy.
He picked up the PokeBall and put it in his bag. Rukus petted Zorua and returned him to his PokeBall, telling him he had done a good job.

Whilst walking, Rukus was checking his map for where to go next. He decided the next city over, Reblungen City, would be his first stop on his journey. There was a GYM there that he was eager to challenge, because somebody he knew would be there.

Last edited: