• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Grand Conquering Team (5th Gen Uber RMT)

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I enjoy the Uber tier. I really do. I like seeing superpowered Pokemon going at each other's throats in titanic battles that shake the earth, flood the oceans, and overflow with power.

Recently, B2/W2 came out in Japan (and the world is next), which means that the tier is about to change drastically with the appearance of the new Kyurem forms. This team has served me really well, helping me to peak at #2 on Smogon's Uber tier. I could have reached #1, but I lost three times in a row and gave up trying. Not only that, but this team probably won't cut it with the new threats that will be coming to Ubers, so I am officially retiring this team and showing it off for all to see. I will still use the team every once in a while, and I may end up using it competitively again in the future, but there's no guarantees.

Without further ado, let's look at this super-strong team!

Team preview: ;150; ;491; ;384; ;205; ;493; ;257;

Now for the in-depth details, starting with Blaziken:

;257; Jolly nature
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EV Spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Swords Dance
Protect
Flare Blitz
Hi Jump Kick

First, we have Blaziken. A lot of times it's dead weight on my team just because of Ghost Arceus and Giratina. However, many times it has swept half my opponent's team with and without sun support. Hi Jump Kick still KO's a Dialga without SR damage or SD boosts.

Jolly is the nature here because Adamant takes too long to set up; you need at least two speed boosts to outrun opposing Mewtwo's and Darkrai's with Adamant. With Jolly, you need only one boost, which gives you a chance to fight back and potentially KO. Protect is a must for Speed Boost Blaziken, as it gets it free speed boosts. Swords Dance is for if I should get a chance to set up, and Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick are its STAB moves for sweeping.

;493; Jolly nature
Item: Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EV Spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Swords Dance
Shadow Force
Extremespeed
Brick Break

Next up, we have my ghostly swordsman, Arceus. This guy has saved me in several battles due to its natural bulk and ability to attack back. This is both a pseudo-Extremekiller Arceus as well as a counter to the Extremekiller. It also serves as my spinblocker, just in case I know that arena traps will help me win the battle.

Jolly is the nature here to tie with other Arceus' that may have Jolly nature (just so I have a chance at a speed tie to KO their Arceus). Shadow Force is there for its ability to KO. I would have Shadow Claw, but that leaves me open to attacks that could KO Arceus. That, and Shadow Force tends to force switches, which allows me to rack up arena trap damage. Extremespeed is both a priority attack and a last-ditch effort to get in extra damage if I know that Arceus is going to faint the next turn. Brick Break rounds out my coverage and allows me to strike Steel types super-effectively.

;205; Hardy nature
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EV spread: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def
Moves: Stealth Rock
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball

Meet Forretress, the guy who usually dies first. There's not much to say about this one; it's there to set up arena traps and spin away those at my feet, nothing more. Looking at this now, I probably should have done either Sassy or Relaxed nature to give Gyro Ball more power when I get to use it.

Anyway, Stealth Rock and Spikes are my arena traps and one of my best ways of defeating opponents. Leaving opponents at 62% of their health when they switch in and have no weakness to Stealth Rock? Yes, please!
Rapid Spin is to get rid of arena traps that my opponent may have put at my feet. Gyro Ball is an attack that prevents me from being Taunt bait.

;384; Hasty nature
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EV Spread: 128 Attk, 128 Sp. Attk, 252 Speed
Moves: Outrage
Extremespeed
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower

Meet the mighty dragon Rayquaza. This guy is here to cover potential annoyances to my team as well as beat down unlucky opponents. While the EV spread may seem odd, it was necessary for what I needed to cover: Ferrothorn, Groudon, and opposing sand teams (speaking more about Excadrill here).

Outrage and Draco Meteor are my wall-breaking moves. If they should survive Draco Meteor, I hit them with Outrage. Extremespeed is there for priority, as well as picking off Focus Sash users. Flamethrower, like it was said above, gets rid of Ferrothorn and hits a few other Steel types super-effectively.

;491; Timid nature
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Focus Blast
Dark Void
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse

And now we have your typical Darkrai. Not much else to say, but it has saved me in many situations before, even with the Sleep Clause limiting its full power.

Focus Blast is for Steels, Dark Void is for putting opposing targets to sleep, Nasty Plot is for boosting Special Attack, and Dark Pulse is STAB and rounds off a near-perfect coverage.

;150; Modest nature
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Psystrike
Aura Sphere
Trick
Shadow Ball

Now, meet my favorite Pokemon and my secret weapon that truly helped me win many of my battles. Choice Scarf may seem odd on Mewtwo, but being able to pick off a weakened target, whether the opponent be scarfed or not, is something that this version of Mewtwo does best. Heck, with SR and Spikes support, Mewtwo can KO Scarf Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, and others.

Psystrike is obvious; every Mewtwo should have it, as it targets the sometimes weaker defensive stat. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball are mostly for perfect coverage, but they also allow me to get rid of opposing Steel and Psychic types, respectively. Trick is there to cripple certain walls such as Ferrothorn and opposing Forretress. I have done this a few times, but most times it's better for me to KO everything with Psystrike (or any super effective attack) with speed instead of slowing myself down.

Checks to the team: Even though this team is incredible, I have found that certain Pokemon give this team a really hard time. 6 major Pokemon that have done this are as follows:

;487; Giratina (altered form)- The great mighty wall, Giratina, gives this team a hard time if Darkrai and Arceus-Ghost aren't around, especially the RestTalk variant. Rayquaza can stand up to it, but if it's burned and has a half-power Draco Meteor, it's over.

;382; Kyogre (scarf variant)- When ScarfTwo isn't out on the field, this thing can potentially walk all over my team with strong water and super-effective attacks.

;493; Extremekiller Arceus- Even though I can play around this thing, if Forretress, Darkrai, and Arceus-Ghost are fainted, this thing finishes off what's left of my team, especially if it has an SD boost and Life Orb.

:598: Ferrothorn- Another great wall that gives me a hard time by switching into my attacks.

;491; Darkrai- While my Darkrai and Mewtwo can beat this thing easily, it does give me a hard time if it has a Focus Sash (for ScarfTwo) and a Nasty Plot boost under its belt, and if it happens to speed tie with my own Darkrai, that's not good.

:530: Excadrill- If Rayquaza has fallen and Excadrill has an SD boost or two under its belt as well as Sandstorm active, this thing walks all over my team. If its attacks don't finish me off, then the sandstorm will.

Despite these checks, I have worked my way around them many times and found myself at #2 on Smogon's tier before submitting to hax, frustration, and the advent of B2/W2. Maybe I'll bring back the team even with all the new changes, but chances are it'll be retired for good (especially because others will know my tricks).

So, if you think I should keep using the team, or have any comments, criticisms, and ideas to improve the team, feel free to post!

Signed:
Overlordmewtwo (The_Grand_Conqueror)

Last edited:

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Sassy > Hardy on Forretress.

Fire Blast > Flamethrower.

Shadow Force Arceus. Just. Meh. While Shadow Force is fun and all, it gives the opponent lots of wiggle room to switch into a Ferrothorn or something. Though Shadow Claw isn't as powerful you don't have to wait the two turns. Sky Attack is stronger than Brave Bird. It also doesn't recoil. But people still opt for Brave Bird, BECAUSE it doesn't take two turns. Shadow Claw/Shadow Force falls under that same group. While stronger, it's just not really worth it. Two Shadow Claws are stronger than one Shadow Force.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Lady Baltny said:
Shadow Force Arceus. Just. Meh. While Shadow Force is fun and all, it gives the opponent lots of wiggle room to switch into a Ferrothorn or something. Though Shadow Claw isn't as powerful you don't have to wait the two turns. Sky Attack is stronger than Brave Bird. It also doesn't recoil. But people still opt for Brave Bird, BECAUSE it doesn't take two turns. Shadow Claw/Shadow Force falls under that same group. While stronger, it's just not really worth it. Two Shadow Claws are stronger than one Shadow Force.

I respect your point of view on Shadow Force, but I have to disagree on a few points:

First, I agree that Shadow Force causes a lot of people to switch. It's easy to predict, as it takes a turn to charge. However, many times I would use Shadow Force on purpose to rack up arena trap damage (and the times where I had a minimum of 2 arena traps, they were dealing quite a chunk to my opponent's health). Those who chose to stay for Shadow Force were either are obliterated or on their last legs. Those that survived were usually finished by either Brick Break or Extremespeed.

Second, Shadow Force's two-turn charge-up has saved me in a few situations. For instance, in one of my closer battles, he was down to his Rayquaza while I had only Arceus-Ghost left. His Rayquaza took Stealth Rock on the switch-in. He used Dragon Dance on the turn that I used Shadow Force, which made him faster than me and forced his attack (Outrage) to miss on the second turn. I KO'd him with Shadow Force. Had I had Shadow Claw, there's a good chance I would have lost without a crit, as I don't think I had an SD boost under my belt.

Shadow Force vs. Shadow Claw has been debated for a while among Pokemon fans (especially those who use Arceus), but for my team, Shadow Force served me well, so I'm sticking to that if I should ever bring the team back.