• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Grand Return of Master Gatr. Oh, and a team.

I HIGHLY doubt anyone here would know me, as my era has long passed as well as most of the people who once roamed the ingame team rate. I was once known as Master Gatr, and I was a leader of the "AOAs," who despised support moves and everything about them. And since my experiences and absences in the ingame team rate, I learned more about why the supporters do what they do, and I have joined them in strategy use. And now for my first act, I present a Platinum Team for you to rate. Now, as I am not as experienced with support as most, I expect a TON of criticism, but I guess I'll just learn as I go, yes? Some of the moveset is unfinished, especially regarding items, as I've never really had a great mind about them. So anyhoo, here they is:

395-m.png

Stalin (Empoleon)
Item: Petaya Berry
EVs: 252 Satk/252 Spd/4 HP
Surf
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Agility

Say what you will about everything else, but Flash Cannon stays.

463-m.png

Gulp (Lickilicky)
Item: Unknown (Can't think of one)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Swords Dance
Return
EQ
Explosion

No comment

479-l.png

Rally (Rotom)
Item: White Herb
EVs: 252 Satk/252 Spd/4 Sdef
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Leaf Storm
Shadow Ball

Basic stuff. Wave to extend Mow-tom's lifespan, WH to cancel out Leaf Storm, SB for STAB, and T-Bolt for flying coverage.

411-m.png

Ironside (Bastiodon)
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def/252 Sdef/4 Atk
Protect
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Metal Burst

I'm not very good with walls. The way I figure it, Toxic for whittling down, Protect to extend lifespan, MB for offense, and SR/Avalanche because I couldn't decide between them. :/

475.png

Leonidas (Gallade)
Item: Choice Band (OMG!)
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Night Slash
Stone Edge

If anyone remembers me, one of my trademarks was my absolute hatred for Choice items. Well I guess that just shows how much I've changed over the years.

164-m.png

Prometheus (Noctowl)
Item: idk
EVs: 252 Spd/252 Satk/4 HP
Air Slash
Whirlwind
Roost
Hypnosis

If there's one Pokemon I can't seem to figure out, it's Noctowl. Help please?

Thank you for your time. Rate critique, flame, do whatever you want. Oh, and one more thing: I also hate to breed for moves. I'm too lazy to get a whole new Pokemon and raise it from lv1 for one move, so try to avoid suggesting them please.

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
Flash Cannon adds nothing to coverage. Substitute is better as it allows you to safely use Agility and get the Petaya boost.

Lack of Natures really does not help for rating, although I have no idea whether you cannot translate them or not.

Flash Cannon adds nothing to coverage. Substitute is better as it allows you to safely use Agility and get the Petaya boost.

Lack of Natures really does not help for rating, although I have no idea whether you cannot translate them or not.

Flash Cannon stays. I mentioned that earlier. I know it's not great battlewise, but it's my favorite move :p

And Natures, I get. But I'm not one of those who hunt for hours on end for perfect natures/moves. As long as it doesn't hinder it in a severe way, I'm fine with it. That's my opinion.

big poppa

the boss
Explosion might work for Lickilickys last slot - it will kill almost everything if you dont get killed the turn you use it. Use Lefties or Life Orb on it.
Psychic isn't really doing anything on Noctowl, its not an offensive poke. Take it off for a support move :O like Whirlwind (set up SR with Bastiodon first) or a screen. It usually has lefties as well.

Explosion might work for Lickilickys last slot - it will kill almost everything if you dont get killed the turn you use it. Use Lefties or Life Orb on it.
Psychic isn't really doing anything on Noctowl, its not an offensive poke. Take it off for a support move :O like Whirlwind (set up SR with Bastiodon first) or a screen. It usually has lefties as well.

I would, but Item Clause is a biz-nitch.

And I like Explosion on Lickilicky, and WW on Noctowl. I'll make some changes now. *changes*

fireson360

MY HAIR ON FIRE!!
Most people don't go with item clauses this day I know Leftover for everbody. Its stupid I known. But if you would like to battle with item clause I would :), After I get my wifi up >.>

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I know that a rather experienced UU Player uses Psycho Shift on Noctowl, probably over Whirlwind.

Explosion on Lickilicky leaves it quite vulnerable to certain Ghosts. Gyro Ball isn't a bad choice, IMO.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Say what you will about everything else, but Flash Cannon stays.

Glad to see you haven't changed a single bit.

Wisp / Wave / Bolt / S-Ball is better on Rotom. Leaf Storm doesn't really offer anything that Bolt/Ball can't do. Wisp also helps your team out a lot as it is very frail.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Item Clause is very rarely used so shouldn't be a problem.

Gengar weak, it annihilates everything without pausing to draw breath.

Also I vaguely remember you.

aipomkong was nooblet, iirc.
Look, you really need natures to post a team in CRMT. From the top of my head, Tyranitar, Weavile and Gyarados give you problems.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Indeed.

It is most surprising to see you, Master Gatr. May your stay be a fruitful one.

Indeed.

It is most surprising to see you, Master Gatr. May your stay be a fruitful one.

Finally, a familiar face. glad to see SOME of the classics are still around. AB flew the coop a while back, I do believe.

And I THINK I remember a nooblet, but I'm not sure.

And I'll add Natures sometime tomorrow, as I'm going to leave here soon. If anyone would like to suggest them whist I'm away, feel free to do so (It'd save me a world of trouble. I can never remember natures).