• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Graphic designer club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
I'm looking forward to when I can use it! Not now unluckily as I'm in a Skype call, though.

Anyway, any fixes to my little problem?

Anyone know how to fix this?
WARNING 148 MB ZIPPED AND 555 UNZIPPED! RECOMMEND YOU TO DELETE WHEN DONE WITH!
I'm currently trying to save it as a psd and then turn it into a gif in iaza!
EDIT Iaza doesn't let me upload .psd Any ideas?
Damn I am not downloading that thing and nuke my laptop to oblivion. What exactly is the issue? Maybe screenshots would've been better than sharing a deadly file.

Of course .psds wouldn't be allowed on image hosting sites. (unless there's that generous site that can convert the file to a png for you) You have to save it to a functional format like .png, .gif or .jpg.

Neo Pikachu, your tutorial was great. It taught me some new tricks to do on Photoshop but everything was explained carefully so it was definitely helpful! Thank you~

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
I'm looking forward to when I can use it! Not now unluckily as I'm in a Skype call, though.

Anyway, any fixes to my little problem?

Holy ****, that file size for a 3 minute vid? It took me half an hour to download! Anyways, drop me an email (its enabled in my contact info) with the PSD and I might be able to figure it out.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Damn I am not downloading that thing and nuke my laptop to oblivion. What exactly is the issue? Maybe screenshots would've been better than sharing a deadly file.

Of course .psds wouldn't be allowed on image hosting sites. (unless there's that generous site that can convert the file to a png for you) You have to save it to a functional format like .png, .gif or .jpg.

Neo Pikachu, your tutorial was great. It taught me some new tricks to do on Photoshop but everything was explained carefully so it was definitely helpful! Thank you~

Holy ****, that file size for a 3 minute vid? It took me half an hour to download! Anyways, drop me an email (its enabled in my contact info) with the PSD and I might be able to figure it out.

First of all, yes, it's pretty weird it's half a GB. Secondly, here is the psd: http://www.4shared.com/photo/4EKYVo_F/Lyra_UB_psd.html
The problem is that when I try to save it as a gif it show's frame 1 in the preview, but not frames 2-12.

~Light

@NP: Thanks for the tut, I'll definitely try it out ^^

And half a gig for 3 minutes is way too much.. You should've made it an .mp4, it's way smaller and better then .avi

Blackacer

~Artist~
Made a fragment banner XD

http://i52.*******.com/2vd49yu.png

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Uhmm... The parts that are supposed to be animated won't show for me. At all. It might be different with AudinoH though.

Select all of the lyras, move them then ctrl+alt+z. That's how I get them to show anyways. Yeah, it's pretty weird that.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone, been an while since i posted.
So i thought, lets give some feedback to the most above poster with an Signature.

@Blackacer

Good job on the fragmantation, that went smoothly
although i found the relief in it a bit to obivous, the trick with relief is to cover it as much as possible
so that poeple cannot see its made with the simple relief option, that is in my perspective anyway.
Whats up with the font though, i cannot understand the form in combination with the whole picture.

How is everything going peeps?

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Hey everyone, been an while since i posted.
So i thought, lets give some feedback to the most above poster with an Signature.

@Blackacer

Good job on the fragmantation, that went smoothly
although i found the relief in it a bit to obivous, the trick with relief is to cover it as much as possible
so that poeple cannot see its made with the simple relief option, that is in my perspective anyway.
Whats up with the font though, i cannot understand the form in combination with the whole picture.

How is everything going peeps?
Not well, I'm tryong to make a UB for PPL, won't let me :( BTW, the tut is PURE GENIUS.

Blackacer

~Artist~
Made this with neo's tutorial :D
http://i55.*******.com/24m9i1k.png

~Light

You should really try to use readable fonts, cause I never can read the text you use. And I actually liked your previous banner more then this one. The colors seem kind of "boring" imo.

And it's too much fragmented cause you can barely see the reflections in the background, and the head is cut off half way xD

And I also don't think the colors in the fragmentation fit dragonair at all, same goes with the text color. And the dragonair render also doesn't fit the fragmentation imo xD

Anyway, I liked your previous fragmentation a lot more :)

~Light

Science Fiction fonts would fit it I guess, or I see NP uses Graffiti style fonts with bright colors too, perhaps try that :)

Made this with neo's tutorial :D
http://i55.*******.com/24m9i1k.png
Adding to Mew_'s comments, using some saturated shades of blue, white and silver would have worked better with the banner.

You also need some tutoring on using good fonts, man. It doesn't hurt to use those default fonts like Arial (or Helvetica if you want to make me sad for not having a mac like you cool users), Verdana, Tahoma, Times New Roman, Georgia, etc.

But in terms of using cool fonts for fragmentation banners, grunge ones are okay too. There's also Impact.

Oh but seriously stop breaking the rules. You're supposed to type 30 words/two sentences. :I Consider this your final warning or you'll be banned from posting in this club.

Since I'm blabbering about typography, here's a topic in which I'm curious on your answers. :O

What is your preference: serif or san-serif fonts?

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
What is your preference: serif or san-serif fonts?

No real preference. It really depends on what you're making, how you incorporate it into the image, and what theme or style you're trying to use. A font that works great for one banner may be totally off for another.

I typically don't use standard fonts very often, unless it's something I'm making at work (yep, using Photoshop and designing graphics is a part of my job :)). It all depends on the theme, really. Colors, style, and fonts all work hand in hand.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Just a question: How do you do the fire background effect like you did in mine? I'm trying to make a Victini one, but I can't work out the BG effect. Anyway, BA, your banner's split WAY too much...

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Just a question: How do you do the fire background effect like you did in mine? I'm trying to make a Victini one, but I can't work out the BG effect. Anyway, BA, your banner's split WAY too much...

I covered this in the frag banner tutorial, but its really just a layer that's under the main banner, then covered with a gradient effect. I don't remember the name of the brush set, but generally, having good brushes that match the theme of the banner really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.