1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Graphic designer club!

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by millarc3005, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arceusvictini

arceusvictini Taking over Serebii

Thanks! I'll try that, looking for fire brushes. oh, and you know those background brushes? Do you know where they come from? Because I had to stick to some non-vector grunge. Any ideas?

2. Avenger Angel

Avenger Angel Warrior of Heaven

I usually just search in Google and look around to see what's available. There are a lot of sites out there, I get them from anywhere and everywhere. Most brushes require you to at least have Photoshop CS, but most people have that by now.

Brushes are really just tools though. Half of the job is based on having the right tools while the other half depends on how well you use them.

3. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

[​IMG]
    Basically serif's are those little things on the ends, and hence sans-serif fonts are those without serifs. I prefer using San-serif fonts; I often feel that serif fonts look a bit too formal for most of my banners, and I do like the more casual feel of san-serifs, but then again it really depends on the banner.

4. Peters

Peters Combak Researcher

I have read the SPPf rules and club rules and will always obey them. Remembering If I break one, I will recieve a strike.
    Im going to start doing banners, always wanted to do those, but i never really was good

5. arceusvictini

Still no fix for the PPL problem. Damn, I will put your req ON HOLD PPL as I really don't want to let other people down. Sorry! Anyway, does anyone know how to turn of indexing in .gif? I SERIOUSLY hate it when I have 500+ colours.

6. Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia No more massacres.

http://oi52.*******.com/nzprhl.jpg

Closest I could get. The far left sprite had corrupted data I think.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  7. arceusvictini

I think GIMP isn't able to open it.

8. millarc3005

millarc3005 Born a legend!

Welcome to the club Peters.

It seems that a lot has happened whilst I haven't posted!

That's a great tutorial NeoPikachu; it's just ashame my photoshop doesnt download the brushes properly so I don't get as an good efect.

I've made acouple of Fragmentation Banners for the requeters in my shop but they definatley aren't as good as yours Neo.

9. Lucarimew1

Lucarimew1 Banned

I have read the SPPf rules and club rules and will always obey them. Remembering If I break one, I will recieve a strike.
    Going to do userbars to see what people and also large fusions.

10. tyranitar51

tyranitar51 (Sorta) Back

guys made a new banner for the new game Gears of War 3 :D
    [​IMG]
    Took me a while because i had school work to do but now its done :)
    coment please, and we have a new member

11. @arceusvictini

There is no way to turn indexed into RGB. But there is a glitch. If you Save As while it's in RGB, it'll maintain its colors. If you edit it when you already saved it, the colors will mess up. In other words, you can only save an animation once if you want it to maintain all its colors.

12. Lil Crickee

Lil Crickee Banned

it looks like you resized the image to a bigger size than it should be since it is more blurry than it needs to be. the bright red text doesn't suit the theme either. a burgundy might have suited it better.

What is your preference: serif or san-serif fonts?

sans-serif is what i tend to use since they can kinda fit any theme. if i'm going for a vintage/fancy look i use serif fonts.

13. arceusvictini

That' gimp for you. I use pshop! Remember!
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, that banner has gone down to lucarioisawesome standards. If you don't get that, it means "Too much transparency and streching".
    I will ask my question again: Can you save a GIF without indexing the colours?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  14. Lil Crickee

Lil Crickee Banned

15. arceusvictini

Spoilered! I like that wallpaper, but it's so tiny I could swear it's for a netbook. I dunno why people don't visit DM, I guess they prefer FAS (Fan Art Shops for you dummies/people who don't like this sort of thing)

16. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

So no-one has fixed my Userbar yet :/ What a shame
    O______O! This.. is so... Lyrawesome-epicookie! I love it :D
    I could never do something liek this o_O

I tried doing fragmentation banners, but I needed stuff to download XD
    So far, I made the Swablu/Altaria banner in my sig. I mostly can do simple transperent banners for now, nya~

17. Lil Crickee

Lil Crickee Banned

to be quite honest that is my second wallpaper attempt. my first one was a whitney wallpaper which i also posted in my art thread. visit my art thread

i could never bring myself to work with such a large canvas before, but it's actually not that bad. you have a lot of space to work with, and you can go full on out with effects, image placement, etc. and it's 1024x720, the usual standard size for most desktops/laptops. it looks very small on my monitor too since i use a relatively large flat screen monitor as well.

18. arceusvictini

I'm 1366x768, so yeah. I'm doing a livestream so I have to keep this short, please don't infract me for short post. I'll edit this after the stream.

19. Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia No more massacres.

GIMP can open PSD's :rolleyes:

http://oi53.*******.com/2qxrfps.jpg

A little glitchy...but

20. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Besides the TR Lyra walking sprite freezing up, it's cool! but AV is offline now xD nya~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.