• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Graphic designer club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^IMO, if you don't have the time to post, you can always post later. :\

i could never bring myself to work with such a large canvas before, but it's actually not that bad. you have a lot of space to work with, and you can go full on out with effects, image placement, etc. and it's 1024x720, the usual standard size for most desktops/laptops. it looks very small on my monitor too since i use a relatively large flat screen monitor as well.
I have a small desktop size too so doing large graphics (anything bigger than 600 pixels in width or height) will make me go frowny face since they're zoomed out and it just makes things look Photobucket-resized. XD; But 50% is better than 66.7%. Just annoying then cuz it's smaller, ahaha...

BTW that wallpaper is adorable. ; A; I think it's "Rilakkuma" though but this thing is seriously cute. I hope it's okay if I use it on my own desktop. (even though it'll be small on it heehee)

To answer my own question, I do like sans-serif fonts. Serif is soooooo yesterday, lmao. But in terms of applying these to graphics, it always depends on the type of work.

Also welcome to the club Peters! Do share some of your works, even if new. There's always room for improvement. :D

I don't share a lot of things but here's a banner I made as a dare:
pearl854yg.png

Link in case images are turned off or something.
Sorry if it's a little shippy. OTL

... and regarding the mystery of the strange userbar, I tried a hand at it. Hope it's alright:
lyrauserbar.gif

[EDIT] Haha I just noticed there's an overworld missing on it. Lots of layers were corrupted or missing or whatever excuse Photoshop gave me.

Last edited:
Regarding the art contest and a co-owner:
What I'd propose we do is, host a contest, and let the winner of that contest be the co-owner. Pretty cool, right? Let Millarc host it and finally choose a co-owner to keep this **** active.

I also have a question for you guys, that may differ per person.

What is constructive criticism?

Of course it is:
Dictionary.com said:
criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions
But what exactly do you look for when knowing that what you're about to post has to be "constructive criticism".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/constructive+criticism

---

Aaand a little something something I spent way too much time on for the way it turned out:

BrianFard.png

BrianFartBW.png

Also for the purpose of showing you I haven't lost (much) interest in design.

~Light

@arceusvictini

There is no way to turn indexed into RGB. But there is a glitch. If you Save As while it's in RGB, it'll maintain its colors. If you edit it when you already saved it, the colors will mess up. In other words, you can only save an animation once if you want it to maintain all its colors.

You can turn indexed into RGB in Photoshop. You go to Image > Mode and choose RGB instead of index. At least that's what I think you mean.

OH MY GOD. spoiler that please, it stretches the page. badly.

i also made a second wallpaper. i posted it in my art thread, but the digital media section is dead or people don't like my art. jnsp :V

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/sleepyhead_x/graphics and drawings/rilakkumacopy.png

It's a really nice wallpaper, but too bad I don't know any of the characters on them :(

Seems like no one can fix the userbar. AV couldn't get the colors, I was missing the Lyra sprite, and you're missing an overworld lol
Actually I realized that I didn't see the overworld. Whoops. Here's the finished product:
lyrauserbar-1.gif

But AudinoHunter seems to have it working better.

Index to RGB doesn't do good on animated gifs because they still end up as one layer. There is a way to do it but I'll get back to you on that since I forgot. = w=;

The idea sounds nice, pupin.

Harsh words that make me cry for days because no one likes my masterpieces.
I'm not good at giving constructive criticism but I look for whether the piece of art is not eye bleeding and whether it flows right.

BTW that wallpaper is adorable. ; A; I think it's "Rilakkuma" though but this thing is seriously cute. I hope it's okay if I use it on my own desktop. (even though it'll be small on it heehee)

ugh i spelt rilakkuma wrong. ;-; that makes me a sad panda. but i'm glad you liked it, and it's totally cool if you use it as your desktop. xD it sure won't fit mine. :p

Mew_; the characters are from rilakkuma, a san-x creation. they have other very cute characters as well. :3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rilakkuma

constructive criticism is me giving advice that ultimately ends up sounding mean. i try to be straight up honest whenever i give out criticism and if they don't appreciate it that's fine. i may not be an expert but i know a few things about image manipulation and i try and help people improve. things like image placement, colours, typography are what i critique the most..

Last edited:

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I have read the SPPf rules and club rules and will always obey them. Remembering If I break one, I will recieve a strike.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I got stuff I wanna show you guys ^^

Thanks Neo Pika, I learnt how to make Fragmentation Banners c;
actually, I watched the vid 3mins xD coz I needed downloads but it helped me a bit^^

Here was my first try, I didnt how that ye can colour the glow and it was a fail xD
PPLner.png

I done this one for my pal Bianca~ and I think I done a good job xD nya~
biankz.png

These following banners are random, so I'll just spoil 'em!
We hadta do banners for the website we're doing at school, and I decided SS/HG stuff!
I dont wanna do Grey thingy coz Lyra isnt there :/
DSL.png

rectangle.png

wide_skyscraper.png

medium_rectangle.png

Last edited:

Sir Spacebar

Time to change fate!
I have read the SPPf rules and club rules and will always obey them. Remembering If I break one, I will recieve a strike.
I was searching for a Club like this. I have just learned how to make Banners. Im still learning on doing Fragmentation Banners, I might not have time for Art Competitions or anything
unled2do.jpg

Last edited:

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I'm still fairly new to graphics, so im not that good but:
vicrequest.gif

meimeirequestcopy.png

batmanbannercopy.png

kyovsrqza.gif

vssample3copy.png

tvtsmpl3copy.png

pinkxatavicopy.png

hydravolc.png

SSbg.png

xatbg.png
its not great, but thats what i can do baisically, and can someone please tell me the difference between a normal and smudge banner?

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
^ your main issues seem to be lack of contrast, the text and fixing the blurriness on some of your banners.

The thing I find with most Graphics Artists when they first start out is they try to use as many effects as possible, or just slap on effects without ctually thinking about it.
Take your time to work with the image you have, don't cover it up, enhance it, blend it in with the banner as a whole, aim for a certain style or theme.

Most importantly, take a step back and actually just look at what you've created so far - does it look good aesthetically or look how you imagined it would turn out to be [or better]

Are we going to have a competition? I havn't seen any evidence of planning as such.

I want to get better at graphics and it seems like this would be the place to do it. :3

Last edited:

millarc3005

Born a legend!
We will have a comepetition but I need to know what you guys can do and what styles youd do. We also need a date: one when everyones here.

Welcome warrior777

~Light

Perhaps a new banner for the club as a result of the competition?

And just keep it going for about a week or so, then everyone will have a chance to make a banner :)

~Light

First of all, Skiyomi isn't in the club so winning is not an option ;)
Second of all, that's not true. If you start the competition with that in your mind, then you shouldn't even bother entering ;).

If you just do your best and make a nice banner everyone has a chance to win. :)

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Well prolly the pros like skiyomi will win lol

Skiyomi isn't in the club...

Anyway, it's not about winning, it's about having a go and improving your graphics and having fun and whatnot. Yay. Cue confetti.

Hm, considering we have quite a decent-sized group, do you think it would be necessary/it would work to split the group up into two sections? For example, 'Amateur' and 'Experienced' or something? Or not. I don't know.

I likely won't be able to participate in said competition due to my end-of-year exams coming up, and general busy-ness expected over the next four to five weeks so I won't be online much. But yeah.

EDIT; beat. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.