1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Graphic designer club!

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by millarc3005, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia No more massacres.

I want to compete, but I can judge if it is needed. Also, I think the theme should be freestyle.

2. Northern Lights

Northern Lights [BritishSarcasm]

Acheivement Unlocked: Made me laugh.

I wouldn't mind judging, I can always pop in real quick to judge some stuff with my critical eye(s) 8]

3. Peters

Peters Combak Researcher

Iv created my first banner, Im proud.
    [​IMG]

now going to make a animated userbar (For first time again!)

4. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

This may be random but I think you should put down the list the contributors to whoever shared textures and other resources. Just so credit is known/given at the right place.

Peters, I'm flattered you used my texture but the image you used is a badly rendered. I think you should have saved the Alakazam image to your computer and then opened it to whatever program you used because copy and pasting it gives it a black background. (which I assumed happened) There isn't much that occurred in that banner. It's just a slapped render and text over a texture. ._. But it's your first banner so keep on practicing with various things.

5. Avenger Angel

Avenger Angel Warrior of Heaven

I'd actually openly welcome the opportunity to challenge her. And so should you.

Like Wayne Gretzky said, you fail 100% of all the shots you never take. You learn far more from your failures than you do from your successes.

6. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

Since you have posted it here, i assume you want some feedback on it.

Gotta admit that the collars are fitting kadabra. But the kadabra itself lacks quality. try looking for an better resource of kadabra.. This one for example.
    [​IMG]

For the rest, you should brain storm more about how to put the text better
    in the picture. try looking for some sick fonts on dafont.com
    Perhaps making the text small could do the trick.. but i leave that up to you :)

Hope my feedback kinda helps.

7. TrollFreak

TrollFreak Pit is Awesome :P

everything in my sig is made my me, took me 2 hours to finish lol

8. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

This one -> [​IMG]

Very cool bro, that Hydreigon banner got some cool effects in it!

9. Cassiopeia

HOLY **** MEGAN MADE A TAG!
    STOP THE PRESSES!
    I've tried to improve my concepts a little over the past few weeks.
    [​IMG]

10. TrollFreak

TrollFreak Pit is Awesome :P

thanks man, it took a while to make that

11. AJ

AJ ❖☢☼☯☾♛☮

may i ask the difference between a smudge banner and an ordinary one? (yes im still an art newbie and yes i just asked that)

12. As Sweet May said, you just put an image on an image then put text. I suck at banners extremely badly, but the text is too plain. The render's outlines are a bit rough, too. You could very slightly blur them to make them smoother. BTW, how do you artists get your renders?

13. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

Depends on what you mean by an "ordinary" banner. I would like to know what's considered an ordinary banner.
    You could not be lazy like me and actually remove backgrounds and stuff of the image you want. :0 There was this one site with renders but it seems to have disappeared/died years ago so I don't know any art render site but you can easily find pngs. on dA of all sorts.

14. AJ

AJ ❖☢☼☯☾♛☮

i honestly do not know, im still new to art and do not know distinctions between banners, so i was curious and wanted to know

EDIT: im not in the OP, but people who joined after me did.............did i do something wrong?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  15. Northern Lights

Northern Lights [BritishSarcasm]

This banner is beautiful. The colouring is wonderful, the effects are placed appopriately without obscuring the main focal point(s), the text is legible but not to blaringly obvious that it detracts attention from the image and the background is subtely detailed so it doesn't appear too simple.

I don't know if it's just me but the hair doesn't seem to stand out much, maybe it's the resolution but I feel it should have more prominance [if you understand what I mean] that hair should have a bigger part in the banner, as the way it flows highlights the water current and flow of the banner. At the moment it look too dark and concentrated.

16. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

I mostly get my renders from this site :
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=107454

17. Cassiopeia

18. Zekshirom

Zekshirom Herp a derpy gurl

I have read the SPPf rules and club rules and will always obey them. Remembering If I break one, I will recieve a strike.

I am joining this because I discovered ImageShack. XDDDD

19. DasBoot

DasBoot Well-Known Member

I saw this, but never joined. I thought I should join in on the party.

I have read the SPPf rules and club rules and will always obey them. Remembering If I break one, I will recieve a strike.

And I use GIMP, because I'm cheap, and don't feel like spending $400-$600 on something. :u

20. Cassiopeia

Wait, does that mean you make or search for banners?
    I use gimp too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.