• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Graphic designer club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Light

So perhaps we should make clear how the voting should go?

I think that only members in this club should give points to 10, and the banner with most points in the end will win. Perhaps without people knowing whose banner it is ( so that there are certainly no influenced votes ). Or should we use a poll?

And the theme is that there is no theme ? How long should this contest run? Give everybody 1 week to send their banners?

@Keldeo : That's really a nice fragmentation banner, but the pop-out Keldeo just seems a little too big for me. I also think the font doesn't match it. But otherwise it's really good ! ^^

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
@Keldeo : That's really a nice fragmentation banner, but the pop-out Keldeo just seems a little too big for me. I also think the font doesn't match it. But otherwise it's really good ! ^^

Thank you! As far as the font, I noticed that, too. But I really didn't have any other ideas for the font, so I was just like, "Ah, what the heck," because it's a cool font overall. I aslo was gonna make the Keldeo oart pop out , but have the legs cut off (if you've seen PPL's current signature, kind'a like that), but I ran into some issues along the way.

But thanks, for the input. It's really appreciated. :)

~Light

What issues did you run into?
I can always help since it isn't that hard to do :)

And yes, the contest will start soon, just need some more things to work out :)

Kelz

What issues did you run into?
I can always help since it isn't that hard to do :)

And yes, the contest will start soon, just need some more things to work out :)

More or less an issue- I accidentally cut out space in the bottom right-hand corner of the banner, and didn't realize it until later. So I couldn't connect Keldeo's waist to the banner.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Thank you! As far as the font, I noticed that, too. But I really didn't have any other ideas for the font, so I was just like, "Ah, what the heck," because it's a cool font overall. I aslo was gonna make the Keldeo oart pop out , but have the legs cut off (if you've seen PPL's current signature, kind'a like that), but I ran into some issues along the way.

But thanks, for the input. It's really appreciated. :)

I think it's awesome, you still did a really great job with it.

I've been mulling over if it's possible to slip a GIF animation into a frag banner, but I don't think it's possible without an overabundance amount of work. You'd have to clip a part out of every GIF animation frame, which sounds... extremely time consuming...

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I think it's awesome, you still did a really great job with it.

I've been mulling over if it's possible to slip a GIF animation into a frag banner, but I don't think it's possible without an overabundance amount of work. You'd have to clip a part out of every GIF animation frame, which sounds... extremely time consuming...

sadly thats true. if you want to use GIFS in banners i really recommend
using just square banners.. you could try an split one though
fragmentation left en normal right if you know what i mean.
That way you can still add the animation in the right part

Do mind that we are talking about GIFS here, so when using weird structure
in the form of the banner, could also lead to white dots on the side.

@Mew
why dont you and millarc exchange some words and decide
how you will going to pick the co-leader? i mean its good to ask the members
but dont forgot you guys are the leaders right. Just spread the action :D

Kelz

Well I re-did my fragmant banner to fit everyone's suggestion. This one also fits my origanal intentions more.
k647banner.png

I still had issues nailing the text. I think the black outline is a little blurry and the white text didn't seem to match. I couldn't get it to look good using other colors, though. But I still think I did a pretty nice job! :)

Any comments or suggestions?

Radiohead

Human Disaster
I like it more than the first version, the text seems to fit way better. =)
But I don't really like the grunge brushes behind it, without it the banner would look a little bit more 'cleaner', but that's the only thing I don't like that much, but overall it looks really awesome! =D

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Well I re-did my fragmant banner to fit everyone's suggestion. This one also fits my origanal intentions more.
k647banner.png

I still had issues nailing the text. I think the black outline is a little blurry and the white text didn't seem to match. I couldn't get it to look good using other colors, though. But I still think I did a pretty nice job! :)

Any comments or suggestions?

hmm.. well cant live with the text its kinda to big and
its really to close with Keldeo.. and the background is kinda dark, i dunno if you like that, but i think an lighter one would be better.. but thats my opinion

Last edited:

~Light

@Azulart: I'll contact millarc :), he should be back 26/10 I think. The contest will probably start around the end october or something like that :)

@Keldeo: It's better than the first, but I have the same comments as Azulart :p

About the contest, this is what we have so far :

Theme : Completely free
Duration : 1 week
Voting : A poll where everyone can vote, or let everyone in this club give points to the banners and the banner with the most points win ?

Please post what you think is the best way :)

Last edited:
A poll where everyone may vote but everyone who has entered must vote, Sounds best imo.

Not diggin' the themeless theme either. But whatcha gonna do, right?

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
What about Halloween theme?

Since the duration of the contest is one week
and its halloween next week.

Could be fun right?

Everyone should be able to vote for the creations
while the participants may not vote, or atleast vote for another creation beside your own.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I like the idea of a Halloween theme. As voting, I say let voting be open to everyone, both contestants and normal members alike, but when the poll and entries are presented, only give the entries being voted on a number. Whoever sets up the contest itself would just correspond the numbered entries with the artist who submitted it. With that in mind, entry submissions need to be sent via PM to the contest creator directly. That way, when the contest starts, having only numbered entries makes it very difficult for bias to undermine the contest or see who made what. Only at the end of the voting will the names of who made what will be shown, along with the winner declared.

Also, put a time limit on the poll, and turn on the option to allow people to see who voted for what, just to ensure no one is voting for their own entry and/or creating alt accounts to offset the voting. Setting it so that each voter needs to at least have a post count of 20 or joined Serebii forums during or before Sept 2011 would just ensure no one will be making a ton of alts to give themselves an unfair advantage.

And yes, unfortunately, I've seen that kind of thing done before...

~Light

All right, the theme will be Halloween then ^^

I hope millarc won't mind, but I'll probably start the contest tomorrow, since Halloween is already in one week, and if we wait any longer, it'll have passed already xD.

What about the end date? 30/10 so that the voting can start on 31/10?
I know it's less then a week, but 5 days should be enough I think for everyone that enters :). If there's any problem with this, please post it here.

I'll post everything important in about 12 hours from now, so the contest can start.

Also, if anyone thinks this is to fast, please let me know ;). But I want to get this contest started, it has already taken quit a while

Status
Not open for further replies.