• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Graphic designer club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkEmerl123

Railgun~
All right, the theme will be Halloween then ^^

I hope millarc won't mind, but I'll probably start the contest tomorrow, since Halloween is already in one week, and if we wait any longer, it'll have passed already xD.

What about the end date? 30/10 so that the voting can start on 31/10?
I know it's less then a week, but 5 days should be enough I think for everyone that enters :). If there's any problem with this, please post it here.

I'll post everything important in about 12 hours from now, so the contest can start.

Also, if anyone thinks this is to fast, please let me know ;). But I want to get this contest started, it has already taken quit a while

I am assuming it's a banner contest, right? It probably is, but I am just checking before I go and make a stupid mistake. Also, sorry for the short post.

wolftamer

disappeared
I have read the SPPf rules and club rules and will always obey them. Remembering If I break one, I will recieve a strike.
Wee, DarkEmerl showed me this place.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
How about an specific format? that would make the contest pretty balanced.

400 x 150 for example, or is it just better to leave that wide open?

I agree with that parameter. If you leave it open, some people might just automatically assume bigger is better.

As for all the other stuff Mew mentioned as far as time limits and dates, I'm fine with that.

~Light

I'll announce the exact ending time tomorrow, everybody will have the same time to make a banner, 5 days should be plenty of time.

I also think the size is a good idea, I'll add that too tomorrow :)

^ Hold on.. So whats the GMT13+ for everything? Ya do know I'm in GMT13+..
So everything will be today if ya mean tomorrow there... nya~

6 days from now the contest'll be there, presuming Mew_ is at GMT+2. Just prepare your crap in the next 3/4 days and you'll be fine. :]

Leave it open. Please. Restrictions are never the way to go in harmless contests for fun.

They will suck all of the fun out, as there will almost be no variation between the signatures. Please. Experimenting with sizes is a vital and argueably fun process, just picking a random size all must obey will be beneficial for one and not so beneficial for another. This will result in advantages. Which are needlessly to say, unfair.

I know I often don't make a lot of sense but you don't want to add restrictions to this contest. Believe me. If someone decides she prefers a big one over a small one, so be it. Pun intended, but believe me when I say I am serious.

DarkEmerl123

Railgun~
I'll announce the exact ending time tomorrow, everybody will have the same time to make a banner, 5 days should be plenty of time.

I also think the size is a good idea, I'll add that too tomorrow :)

I personally think there shouldn't be a size limit, as people can do it better with a particular size, and sometimes particular images don't work in a banner if the banner has to be a specific size.

That's just my opinion, though.

~Light

Alright, I'll remove the size limit then ;)

It's not a problem, he can join the contest too :)

Last edited:

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Thank you Mew_!
biggrin.gif
People, how do you like the start of my frag banner?
http://i52.*******.com/2lscefq.jpg
Yeah, it's nowhere near finished, but this is already a massive improvement from my old banners (I think)

And as much as I like gifs, there is a massive problem with banners: we can't exactly go crazy with colours in GIF banners due to indexing. I wish there was an on-off switch for that.

Last edited:

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Thank you Mew_!
biggrin.gif
People, how do you like the start of my frag banner?
Yeah, it's nowhere near finished, but this is already a massive improvement from my old banners (I think)
Oh, BTW, this is for PPL.
http://i54.*******.com/racj13.gif Just another place to post it I guess.

And as much as I like gifs, there is a massive problem with banners: we can't exactly go crazy with colours in GIF banners due to indexing. I wish there was an on-off switch for that.

Well I'm not the greatest at frag. banners, but I know what most people do is take a Pokemon picture that has a background and use that. Like the Victini you used is just the art, but no background. But I really like the paint-like design on it! It looks like it's coming along great.

~Light

Contest details

Theme: Halloween
Medium: Banner
Starting Time: 8:00AM GMT+2 25 Octobre 2011
Ending Time: 8:00AM GMT+2 30 Octobre 2011

All entries are send to me by PM. Any entry later then the ending time will not be accepted anymore.

After the ending time I'll start a poll in the Digital Media section where everyone can vote. Voting will last 3 days. You will only be able to vote on one banner.

If there should be any problems, you can ask them here.

And good luck to everyone !

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Uhm.. noone answered my question here :/
I needa know the answer, nya~

Please read ALL the posts before assuming you have been ignored. The very post above you answered your question.

After the ending time I'll start a poll in the Digital Media section where everyone can vote. Voting will last 3 days. You will only be able to vote on one banner.

I still think this is a bad idea - the WBC did this, and we all know what happened to the WBC. It died.

This would be great as a background as long as the finished banner has images built into it.

ArceusVictini: probably not a wise place to post sprites as they are considered different from "graphics", so this isn't where they belong. If you need to send someone something there is a beautiful thing called Visitor Messaging [assuming the person you wish to give it to has PM disabled]

Kelz

Contest details

Theme: Halloween
Medium: Banner
Starting Time: 8:00AM GMT+2 25 Octobre 2011
Ending Time: 8:00AM GMT+2 30 Octobre 2011

All entries are send to me by PM. Any entry later then the ending time will not be accepted anymore.

If there should be any problems, you can ask them here.

And good luck to everyone !
I probably won't enter since I'd be up against all of the shmexy artists on SPPf. But I think I'll still make a banner, just to compare.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I probably won't enter since I'd be up against all of the shmexy artists on SPPf. But I think I'll still make a banner, just to compare.

I've seen your work and it's pretty darn good. At least give it a try.

If you don't at least try, then you've already failed. You have a strong chance and there's nothing to lose, so why not?

Kelz

I've seen your work and it's pretty darn good. At least give it a try.

If you don't at least try, then you've already failed. You have a strong chance and there's nothing to lose, so why not?

Awwww... thanks! That made my day. :)
Well I guess if I'm gonna make a banner anyways, I might as well. lol

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
I still have absolutely no idea what type of banner and what it's gping to be based around for the contest.
I didn't notice, sorry NL *embarrassed*
Something I'm not sure though: Mew_ never seems to receive any of my PMs. So I'm not sure how to send them to Mew_.

Status
Not open for further replies.