• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Graphic designer club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

millarc3005

Born a legend!
Sorry guys. I don't think im good enough to vtake care of this club. Please tell me if one you could be active enough to be leader. (VM me and I'll note a mod)

Sorry guys. I don't think im good enough to vtake care of this club. Please tell me if one you could be active enough to be leader. (VM me and I'll note a mod)

I don't understand what made you think you weren't enough for us. You're the chubby friend that is our leader. A little goofy at times but that little chubby guy is vital to our group. What you need to understand is that our group is still a babby, you need to carry it around a little more before you can teach it how to crawl, and ultimately, walk on his own.

Fact is, you're not much of a leader but that's why you got your co-leader in the first place, to help you be a better leader and contain this gigantic piece of Internet poo. If you fail the first time, give it another go... bro.

Also, shame on all of you who are accepting Millarc's leave already. Do you have no respect for him, he who has given us this wonderful club? You should be begging him to stay, you filthy apes.

See, the members are mediocre too but you don't see them quitting, do ya? Although we wish some of them did. :rolleyes:

OK, that's all outta'me for today. Peace out.

Oh, me and my awkward Internet speeches.

saltgrains.jpg

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Sorry for my inactivity. millarc, you will be missed. Please don't just leave the club and forget about us; please please please post from time to time because you're a pretty cool guy and great at graphical design.

Regarding the contest, it seems like a pretty swell idea and I hope it all goes along swimmingly. Unfortunately due to it being exam period I won't be able to participate, but good luck to everyone who does.

DragonMaster, regarding your banner, I'm not too sure if you've just stolen artwork and plopped text on it, or you've placed a nice render on a nice background and worked with it, but something seems a bit off. The quality is a bit low and it's quite blurry, as if you've taken it from a wallpaper and resized it (no, I'm not accusing you of anything.) EDIT: Actually, I just did a google search and saw that image as a wallpaper on Tuooneo's dA account. http://tuooneo.deviantart.com/art/Kyurem-196830781 I'm willing to wager that Tuooneo is not you, not because you are a boy whereas Tuooneo is a girl, or because you're 15 and Tuooneo's 19, but because your writing styles are polar opposites. Please don't steal art, it's a terrible, terrible thing to do, especially when you steal art and then pass it off as your own, which you have now done not once but twice in that group following the beautiful Hydreigon banner that you stole. Imagine you spent hours upon hours writing a brilliant story, or manufacturing a car, or building a house, or drawing something, and then somebody came along, ruined it by slapping some text which clashes majorly with it and said, "Hey guys, this is mine, grade it!" It's just a terrible thing to do, and honestly if stealing art is your thing, you really shouldn't be in the group. Sorry, I know I'm really in no position of authority and shouldn't take things into my own hands, but I just couldn't help it.

Last edited:

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]

That's a shame you think so, but if it also because you don't have enough time to take care of it, I wouldn't mind taking over...
[I have more time than I thought I would so I should easily be able to keep this place in check]

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
DragonMaster, regarding your banner, I'm not too sure if you've just stolen artwork and plopped text on it, or you've placed a nice render on a nice background and worked with it, but something seems a bit off. The quality is a bit low and it's quite blurry, as if you've taken it from a wallpaper and resized it (no, I'm not accusing you of anything.) EDIT: Actually, I just did a google search and saw that image as a wallpaper on Tuooneo's dA account. http://tuooneo.deviantart.com/art/Kyurem-196830781 I'm willing to wager that Tuooneo is not you, not because you are a boy whereas Tuooneo is a girl, or because you're 15 and Tuooneo's 19, but because your writing styles are polar opposites. Please don't steal art, it's a terrible, terrible thing to do, especially when you steal art and then pass it off as your own, which you have now done not once but twice in that group following the beautiful Hydreigon banner that you stole. Imagine you spent hours upon hours writing a brilliant story, or manufacturing a car, or building a house, or drawing something, and then somebody came along, ruined it by slapping some text which clashes majorly with it and said, "Hey guys, this is mine, grade it!" It's just a terrible thing to do, and honestly if stealing art is your thing, you really shouldn't be in the group. Sorry, I know I'm really in no position of authority and shouldn't take things into my own hands, but I just couldn't help it.

Thank you zhanton. Taking fan art from deviantArt of furraffinity or whatever pisses me off. You are stealing someone else's hard work and bastardizing it into a 400x150 square. Some people say its fair use because its not for profit, but it really isnt fair to the artist. you should have at least asked for permission.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Thank you zhanton. Taking fan art from deviantArt of furraffinity or whatever pisses me off. You are stealing someone else's hard work and bastardizing it into a 400x150 square. Some people say its fair use because its not for profit, but it really isnt fair to the artist. you should have at least asked for permission.

Wow, I never realized this concept can get people so angry. I guess I would be upset if someone used my art w/o permission, too. The one fragmant banner I posted a few days ago had 2 peices of art made by Xous54 on DeviantART. I got permission to use both.

millarc3005

Born a legend!
I think I'll stay a member but I won't be leader. I also made this smudge banner:

hr.png

If you can, could you please give me advice (I love the ink splatters)

Oh and DarkEmerl123 asked me to be leader first but she might let you others who asked to be co-leaders.

Im sorry for people who asked later than she did.

I seen that NL and Mew and -Sarah make animated banners with the little movies inside. Would any of yous mind making a tutorial for me?

~Light

It's not that hard actually, I'll maybe screencast it this weekend :)

And that's a nice banner, but the text doesn't look 'sharp'

Kelz

I love the banner, Millarc! I can see to find anything wrong with it.
Smudge Banners always got me. I don't... get them, I guess. Anyone care to explain?

As for the explanation on how to make these so called 'smudge banners' (presuming that that is what you meant by an explanation, Keldeo) - First, learn how to use the smudge tool. AudinoHunter left a very good tutorial quite a few pages back, if you find it, try it out. Next, use your new-found knowledge to make a signature.

Now you know. May seem very obvious, but that's all there is to it.

That you are capable of using the smudge tool and incorporating it in a banner does not mean you have created a new style or are original, in any way or size. That being said, I shall refuse in every way and in every size any acknowledgement of 'smudge banner' being a legitimate, new concept.

millarc3005

Born a legend!
I know what you mean abouit the text, Mew_. I was on my computer for three hours yesterday making it. It only took so long because I was lopoking for a good text. And thats the one that suited me. And thanks for the compliment Keldeo. It's basically a smudge of the render itself or another image with texture and maybe some brush work in it with some text. It's not really that hard once you get to figure it out.

And that would be great to make a tut. Thanks.

Kelz

As for the explanation on how to make these so called 'smudge banners' (presuming that that is what you meant by an explanation, Keldeo) - First, learn how to use the smudge tool. AudinoHunter left a very good tutorial quite a few pages back, if you find it, try it out. Next, use your new-found knowledge to make a signature.

Now you know. May seem very obvious, but that's all there is to it.

That you are capable of using the smudge tool and incorporating it in a banner does not mean you have created a new style or are original, in any way or size. That being said, I shall refuse in every way and in every size any acknowledgement of 'smudge banner' being a legitimate, new concept.

Oh wow, I thought it was more complicated then in sounded. :p
Well thank you! I will look for that tutorial, also.

DarkEmerl123

Railgun~
If anyone is interested in being the second Co-Leader, please PM me.

Anyway, I made a couple of new banners.

kyokobanner.png

meikobanner2.png

I've never really worked with the canvas sizes I used for those two before, and I haven't used a render in a banner for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.