• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Great Alola Pancake Race! (956)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Great Alola Pancake Race!

Continuing his studies in Alola, Ash soon learns from Mallow about a famous Pancake Race. Intrigued, Ash and all his classmates enter in the special pancake race but while there, he meets the champion from last year, a trainer and her Alolan Raichu. A rivalry soon sparks between Pikachu and the Raichu and the race gets heated. Plus, with Team Rocket having their eyes on the prize, the race may not be as simple as they thought. Who is going to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lillie's literally nothing but support lol

Should have hatched Vulpix before this, then she could have taken part (and bonded)

phanpycross

God-king
I like Jessie using Wobbuffet as a Parasol.

Bewear Plushie for James.... Interesting. Was this ep supposed to come before the Mereanie episode?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Can only assume Bounsweet and Popplio stopped Mimikyu attacking Pikachu. My screen is lagging so bad.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ooh the egg is hatching in this episode? Guess this isn't filler :O

Also Komala for the win :)

Lillie and Vulpix in the ending are so cute :)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Damn you Team Rocket! You ruined Ash's chance of winning! Had it not been for the distraction from Meowth and Wobbuffet(disguised as Bewear), either Pikachu or Alolan Raichu would have surely won! But Komala took that chance and Samson Oak won. But I guess runner-up is also good. Damn it Kiawe, why do you even bother to participate?! Oh yes, Alolan Vulpix hatches from its egg at the end! Overall, I'll say, 7/10.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I pretty much died with laughter at Kiawe's exhaustion.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It was good seeing Mallow get some development (as in, she's in the zone when training), no matter how small.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
It was 40 seconds of "non-filler" guys... We might as well have had this episode be a Lillie focused one looking at her past and why she's afraid to touch Pokemon following into next week's episode. That would've been better.

Plus points of this episode: Bewear, Kiawe, Togedemaru getting "mad", and that the egg hatched but it was so short it was almost irrelevant.

Aside from that there was nothing that interesting for me. A few humourous moments but apart from that... average at best.

DatsRight

A standard quirky race episode but I enjoyed it. The only shame is that it didn't really turn out to be a Mallow focus episode. When is she going to get her turn already?

Oh well, Samson Oak got to show off his Pokemon at last. XD

Had a feeling Mimikyu wouldn't play nice for the race. Love it's 'What? Me?' look when it's disqualified though.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
It was 40 seconds of "non-filler" guys... We might as well have had this episode be a Lillie focused one looking at her past and why she's afraid to touch Pokemon following into next week's episode. That would've been better.

Plus points of this episode: Bewear, Kiawe, Togedemaru getting "mad", and that the egg hatched but it was so short it was almost irrelevant.

Aside from that there was nothing that interesting for me. A few humourous moments but apart from that... average at best.
Still miles better than the godawful Binacle episode.

Rampardo

From the league, Team Flare and badass Ash saving the world to a silly pancake race with an art style that makes Ash look like he's 5 years old. The XY to SM transition is jarring.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Still miles better than the godawful Binacle episode.

A lot of episodes are better than that one. But it doesn't excuse this episode of doing exactly the same thing. Not that people seem to be trying to do that as of right now.

The difference here is that they were just goofing around and had some funny moments while that episode was superficially trying to make some connection between the Binacles and Zygardes that didn't really work.

Crabrawler2016

Mimikyu really wants to beat Pikachu badly regardless if its just a race. All I can say is that Pikachu is going to have a HARD time in this Generation at this rate.

Rapiido

From the league, Team Flare and badass Ash saving the world to a silly pancake race with an art style that makes Ash look like he's 5 years old. The XY to SM transition is jarring.

They seriously could have at least kept the art style a LITTLE closer to X and Y... like just get rid of the anime faces and "Every corner must be round" and it'd be fine.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Yes, I agree with you there. I'm really missing my favourite XY Ash who was mature, competent and badass. Ash's idiotic and kid-like attitude are the things I really hate in SM. But well, it's not worth complaining everyday, so I've moved on from it. But Ash's battle competence has been quite good so far in SM.

Anyway, this episode was a nice filler with a good non-filler material at the very end.

Remix2

Unsurprisingly this was about exciting as watching grass grow.

Seriously with the ending of the episode hey should just make this a two parter along with the next one.