• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Great Alola Pancake Race! (956)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Anyways I thought this was a hilarious episode from Ash gushing over food to Kiawe struggling to finish the race, and Team Rocket being dragged away by Bewear again. I'm still laughing at Samson Oak winning the race. I also liked the ending where Lillie's Vulpix hatches.

DatsRight

It also happens when they're about to win while blasting off happens when they lose.

I'm mixed over that, since I'd prefer more occasions the twerps actually earned a victory over TR rather than always being on the ropes until something like Bewear miraculously saves them each and every time.

Can't there be some sort of medium between Ash's team curb stomping TR or being completely useless until something saves them? Can't they just you know, be challenged for once and prove they can handle it?

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm mixed over that, since I'd prefer more occasions the twerps actually earned a victory over TR rather than always being on the ropes until Bewear miraculously saves them each and every time.

Can't there be some sort of medium between Ash's team curb stomping TR or being completely useless until something saves them?

They could maybe have his friends have an easier time against them and have Ash struggle more because of Mimikyus grudge against Pikachu.

DatsRight

They could maybe have his friends have an easier time against them and have Ash struggle more because of Mimikyus grudge against Pikachu.

Depends whether his friends are doing anything other than TR face-offs this series. Ash has more to stand on without TR since he's also fighting the trials and several other antagonists such as Team Skull. With many of the companions, sometimes stopping TR was all they had, so of course it only looks worse when they need to be handed a victory against even them when it gets remotely difficult.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Boring episode. Races are a good base for some character showing, but it ended up being unimportant to what the episode wanted to achieve.

At least the egg hatched...

Last edited:

Remix2

I can't believe we have reached a point where people are wishing for a blast off and it has merely been 13 episodes lol

You can never please this fandom.

Maybe people want for them to blast off atleast once in a while is because they don't want the bewear gag to get stale, which it kinda is right now.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
OP Bewear beats TR getting blasted off by the crappiest of attacks. They shouldn't get sent blasting off until they catch Bewear at least and that won't be for awhile.
Anyways, this is an 8. Funny moments like Ash being called a free loader and Komala of all things winning the race, I was rooting for Kiawe. Poor Kiawe.....
Sucks Mareanie wasn't in this though. TR should have just had team 2 be James and Mareanie, and give Meowth and Wobbufett a team as well.

diakyu

Maybe people want for them to blast off atleast once in a while is because they don't want the bewear gag to get stale, which it kinda is right now.
Because it would be an absolute thrill to predict each week whether they blast of or get dragged away./s

Janovy

Banned
It is not, IMO. Primarily because Team Rocket isn't in every single episode now anyway, so how can it get stale?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It won't get stale if they keep getting creative with Bewear's entrances but it's required for Bewear to stop TR from either blasting off, escaping the cave den, or gaining victory fair and square (when it finds them) so that can get a bit stale seeing that we expect them to get interrupted by Bewear.

I take the Bewear gag 100x more than the blasting off gag. It's no question that the writers put in a lot more effort in this gag than they ever did in the blasting off gag aside from a few instances like in early BW.

It's also ironically hilarious that the TRio expect to blast off every time they fail attempt to capture Pokemon but don't expect Bewear showing up and now they desperate to blast off.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

10 Seconds From Filler

Pros:

* Chubby 'fett/Meowth

* Kiawe trying to pull Turtonator

* Bewear the denial

* Koala victory

* Alolan Vulpix is majestic

Cons:

* Apart from the egg hatching, it was a filler otherwise

Thoughts:

* Of course Sophocles gets eliminated first..

Another casual, light-hearted episode. Not that it's a bad thing, but hopefully they don't accumulate so they're not rushing for time when it comes to potential league or Aether Foundation arc.

4/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 4/4/6/4/7/7.5/8/9/3.5/4
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

jrizza88

Meteorite
I think Bewear made this episode hilarious. Especially the simple fact how it ripped apart the costume and grabbed up Meowth and Wobuffet. It's usually on point, and I just absolutely love.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Somehow, I get the feeling that the dub is going to change Samson's Goldeen joke to say either "Thank you, thank you! I'm as giddy as a Goldeen!" or ""Thank you, thank you! This is a Goldeen opportunity!""

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Even though it can hover and has mind powers, I dont think the Alolan Raichu is as cool as a normal one. Its far from bad but Lt. surges Raichu left too much of a strong impression. I feel that there are already enough racing episodes but I liked this one. A pancake race? I wouldn't mind trying that in real life.

Fjkpwek

I somewhat have the feeling that Mina (that's her name right?) isn't gonna be a COTD. She's gonna be like Miette, in which I think some of us thought that she'll appear in a single episode but then sooner returned. And so, she needs to return in yet another Alolan contest. A surfing competiton or an aquathlon that is. I mean this is Alola. There should be at least one episode focused about those. In there, I also have a feeling that Lana's gonna win due to either one electric type managing to shock Ash and Minawhile on the other hand Lana gets protected in the safety of her underwater balloon then proceeds to teach the two of them a lesson after hurting most of the water types there.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I somewhat have the feeling that Mina (that's her name right?) isn't gonna be a COTD. She's gonna be like Miette, in which I think some of us thought that she'll appear in a single episode but then sooner returned. And so, she needs to return in yet another Alolan contest. A surfing competiton or an aquathlon that is. I mean this is Alola. There should be at least one episode focused about those. In there, I also have a feeling that Lana's gonna win due to either one electric type managing to shock Ash and Mina while on the other hand Lana gets protected in the safety of her underwater balloon then proceeds to teach the two of them a lesson after hurting most of the water types there.

Miette was supposed to be a CotD. She just got lucky and wound up super popular among the fanbase, especially a certain portion. I don't really care if Mina appears or not.

Fjkpwek

Miette was supposed to be a CotD. She just got lucky and wound up super popular among the fanbase, especially a certain portion. I don't really care if Mina appears or not.

Oh, okay. To be honest though, I don't really mind if Noa (I should've looked at episode thirteen before sending my previous post) doesn't appear yet again. But then for Mina I get your point. For Miette though, even if she's saved by popularity, or whatnot, IMHO I felt that she had some potential. Although her only purpose in that episode was yes, that "certain point" and her making PokePuffs.

And in the end, Alolan Raichu has the more potential than her but it would also be interesting to see that NOA isn't only just runs a pancake parlour, but also is a very competitive and athletic person as well.

NOTE: I've posted this before then went to edit it to fix some error, and when I saved it it then suddenly turned into what I have posted before. Some glitch perhaps.

Last edited:

Mr. Guy

Banned
Shiron's English name is Snowy.

So to those who predicted "Snowball" (because that's literally what Shiron translates to), you were close.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Really. Ash did not question the floating Raichu but flipped his **** when he met the champions of the last race? I found that a bit out of character.

You will never live it down, Sophocles.

That Komala has been a strange one since it started showing up as a bell ringer. How is it even aware of things going on around it?

Bewear, people. This is around the time Kiawe's character starts getting crazier and crazier.

I was rooting for the usual background Riolu trainer.

And who names their egg before it even hatches? Lillie was lucky the Pokemon inside of it is heavily related to snow. (I preferred Snowball.)

Right on cue, the ending immediately updates with the new addition, but it felt a little too rushed...

Because the fact touching Snowy being a big deal in the next episode should be a big no-no at this time.