• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Great Eight Fate! (387)

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Here are the terms of the battle:

5 vs 5
First, select two, for a double battle. When either the challenger or the gym leader has both pokemon unable to battle, the first round is over. The remaining pokemon will continue into the second round, which will consist of 1-on-1 battles. The battle will be over when all of either participant's pokemon are unable to battle. Only the challenger is permitted to switch pokemon mid-battle.

Now, back to watching the episode.

Fizban

Propaniacs
Another point of interest is that Adan used to be a coordinator, and even competed (and won?) in the Grand Festival. He goes on for quite some time about the importance of timing in a contest battle.

Adan has a lot of water pokemon. A lot. They put on a beautiful water show for the people of Rune City. He may not do as much for the underage girls as Wallace does, but the women of Rune City were eating him up.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Seems I misinterpreted slightly. It's whenever either one has two unable to battle that the first round ends. When one is knocked out, the trainer sends out another to take its place.

Fizban

Propaniacs
Murg, can you tell me why it was that Ash and Adan switched sides when the battlefield changed? I couldn't quite figure out what the reasoning behind that was.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
I don't know why either, beyond that apparently, it's the rule that they change ends at the field change.

And to fill in the uncertainty in Geodude's post, Seaking was KOed by Pikachu with an Iron Tail.

One of the high points of the battle: Sealeo uses Ice Ball. Five times in a row. The fifth shot, by far the most powerful, cannot be blocked or intercepted. Or so Adan thinks. Just remember that this is the Pikachu that's been known to shatter entire battlefields with its Thunder.

And another: Surfing Pikachu

Last edited:

Breeders

bored out of my wits
mistakes happen, but i hope you will do better (in a good way of course) next time, good luck Murgatroyd, Zak, Geodude, GoldenNoctowl, and Latios; I hope to read more from you.
EDIT: i just saw that picture Murgatroyd; I bet that was how pikachu used iron tail to beat seaking.

Last edited:
T

topaz

ash going to use swellow to
and adan going to use milotic and whiscash to
pics sone

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
18101010 said:
mistakes happen, but i hope you will do better (in a good way of course) next time, good luck Murgatroyd, Zak, Geodude, GoldenNoctowl, and Latios; I hope to read more from you.
EDIT: i just saw that picture Murgatroyd; I bet that was how pikachu used iron tail to beat seaking.

Nope, that pic was after Pikachu beat Seaking. Earlier Pikachu was in the air having dodged Aurora beam while Seaking sent Corphish into the water. On the way down Pikachu hit Seaking with Iron Tail, while barely avoiding another Aurora Beam.

Breeders

bored out of my wits
oh, but that was just my thought about the pic Murgatroyd did

Fizban

Propaniacs
About halfway through the battle portion of this episode they cut away to show us what is up with Team Rocket. It looks like they plan to take advantage of how popular Adan is by having James dress up as him like they did with Norman and his family. We'll see how well their plan will work next week!

how come there is no "Sootopolis Gym! Adan, Artist Of Water! Part Two Speculation Thread" in the anime spoilers anyway this ep look cool but can someone tell me about luvdisc attack was it iceball?

Fizban

Propaniacs
stuarthillman said:
how come there is no "Sootopolis Gym! Adan, Artist Of Water! Part Two Speculation Thread" in the anime spoilers anyway this ep look cool but can someone tell me about luvdisc attack was it iceball?
No, that was the Water Pulse that Geodude mentioned.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
stuarthillman said:
how come there is no "Sootopolis Gym! Adan, Artist Of Water! Part Two Speculation Thread" in the anime spoilers
I don't know. I tried posting one about ten minutes ago, and it isn't there. I tried again just now, and again, it isn't there.

This battle sounds very cool indeed.

Too bad it was Snorunt that was KOed instead of Pikachu.

Also, everyone note that this was the first victory of Corphish ever since Ash's gym battle with Flannery. (there's been about 60 episodes between them)