• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Great Eight Fate! (387)

Chris

Old Coot
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he saw a Todozeruga and not a Tedoguraa. o_O

And why are you complaining about Kootasu? It's a FIRE-type. A slow one, at that. This is a WATER Gym with plenty of fast Water-types. --;

Alfonso

Derpgull
stuarthillman said:
it is not fair on torkoal it should have all of his pokemon anyway why did ash use his pokedex on Sealeo becaus ehe has already seen one!

Ash used his Pokedex on a Charizard once, even though he had previously had one. Ash used his Pokedex on Cissy's Seadra, even though he had faced one, what... 10 episodes earlier in his battle against Mandy? He's always done that. It's for all the little kiddies or people who haven't seen the episode that [insert Japanese Pokemon name here. LOOK IT UP. It takes 5 seconds.] was in the first time.

Chris

Old Coot
Forgot to mention that it's also to give him a better edge at understanding the Pokémon. As in the games, there's never just one entry for Pokémon. So it's best to know what you can about it before battling.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I think that's a fair statement. People, any people, shouldn't get so worked up if the Pokemon scanned hasn't been seen in a while. And that goes for each time Ash faces it for the first time in a battle. Now, if it's a Pokemon that's common enough, you can feel free to go in a trantrum.

On the opposite end though, are people content with the fact that May is also using hers on elder Pokemon? I am.

Edward Elric said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he saw a Todozeruga and not a Tedoguraa. o_O
;

no he saw both, go look at the pics from hoenn episode 312(slateport city ep when team magma attck the ocean museum)

A

Abusoru

I like this episode. I heard music from Movies; "Jirachi. Wish Maker" and "Pokemon Heroes".

A battle between Ash and Adan is the best. So many effects. It is the last battle in houen so it must be the hardest and musts look good. I don`t get it, why Ash used Snorunt. Its his new pokemon and ash should know, that Snorunt is not so strong yet. But I remember, he always used his the newwiest pokemon to fight :/

Chris

Old Coot
Looks like I wasn't the only one who noticed the music. Plus, IIRC, I heard music that was made for the Guraadon and Kaiohga episodes. o_O

Alfonso

Derpgull
OMG. How frikken stupid have I been. *smacks head* Of COURSE I've heard Adan's voice before. So why the *hell* couldn't I place his seiyuu? It's Sho Hayami, the guy who did Muraki in Yami no Matsuei! I can't believe I didn't know it was him. -_- (Only just realised, after watching the episode for a second time. I played a bit with him talking several times over.)

Chris

Old Coot
THANK YOU! He also voiced Frank Archer in Fullmetal Alchemist and Zarbon from Dragon Ball Z. @_o I KNEW he sounded so damn familiar!

JazzJazz

Abusoru said:
A battle between Ash and Adan is the best. So many effects. It is the last battle in houen so it must be the hardest and musts look good. I don`t get it, why Ash used Snorunt. Its his new pokemon and ash should know, that Snorunt is not so strong yet. But I remember, he always used his the newwiest pokemon to fight :/

His last gym battle perhaps, but certainly not his last battle. Ash's phanpy didn't do too badly against Pryce in Johto, did it not?

T

Togemon

I cant wait to see the water Pokemon in action in the dub! The only thing I dislike about this episode is Seaking getting KOed by Pikachu's Iron Tail.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Next comment (I'll be adding these whenever I think of them):
Adan chose to specialize in water types for two reasons. First, is the obvious elegance factor. And second is... because they're weak to electric attacks.

Chris

Old Coot
It's obviously because Adan likes the challenge of things and can figure out ways of solving his way out of jams, ala Azumaou using its horn to reflect the electric attacks right back or through the use of Mirror Coat with his other Pokémon that can use it.

As for Pikachu Iron Tailing Azumaou into defeat, what's the problem with that? Pikachu came hurling at Azumaou at a fairly decent speed and suprised attacked it from the side. Not to mention, Todoguraa's Aurora Beam destroyed a chunk of ice which could have aided in Pikachu's chances of winning.

JazzJazz

Edward Elric said:
It's obviously because Adan likes the challenge of things and can figure out ways of solving his way out of jams, ala Azumaou using its horn to reflect the electric attacks right back or through the use of Mirror Coat with his other Pokémon that can use it.

There's a problem with the horn protecting seaking from electric attacks, we've seen the horn on a pokemon acting as a weakness to electric attacks before (e.g. Blaine's rhydon)... more anime inconsistencies.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Murgatroyd said:
Next comment (I'll be adding these whenever I think of them):
Adan chose to specialize in water types for two reasons. First, is the obvious elegance factor. And second is... because they're weak to electric attacks.

...WTF. What has Water Pokemon being weak to Electric attacks have to do with anything? It's like say... Blaine choosing to train Fire types because they are weak to Water attacks, or Erika choosing the train Grass types because they are weak to Fire attacks. o.o;

There's got to be more to it than that. Perhaps Adan had a rival that used Electric (Wattson? o.o) attacks, and decided to use the very type that they were strong against to prove what a better trainer he is. *ponders*

Chris

Old Coot
As I said, it's most likely due to the challenge of it. Especially with the field he chooses. JazzJazz, there's a difference. Saidon DID NOT use Horn Drill to keep its horn spinning to hold the electrical current on its horn like Azumaou did.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They certainly ended it in a strange place. James looks like Adan for some reason. Luvdisc looks like it used Attract. Anyway, the battle was late in starting but it has looked interesting so far. Muhahaha, death to the living Valentine.

Alfonso

Derpgull
The Big Al said:
They certainly ended it in a strange place. James looks like Adan for some reason. Luvdisc looks like it used Attract. Anyway, the battle was late in starting but it has looked interesting so far. Muhahaha, death to the living Valentine.

Looked like, but wasn't. It was Sweet Kiss.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Alfonso said:
...WTF. What has Water Pokemon being weak to Electric attacks have to do with anything? It's like say... Blaine choosing to train Fire types because they are weak to Water attacks, or Erika choosing the train Grass types because they are weak to Fire attacks. o.o;

There's got to be more to it than that. Perhaps Adan had a rival that used Electric (Wattson? o.o) attacks, and decided to use the very type that they were strong against to prove what a better trainer he is. *ponders*
Here's my attempt at summarizing his explanation:
Adan realized something in his Contest Battles. His best battles were the ones where he was constantly in danger, where one wrong move would result in serious damage. For instance, when faced with attacks he was weak to, in the perfect timing and coordination required to not just defend, but to defend by attacking, trainer and pokemon can become one. That state of being is the one in which he feels his artistic ideals are best expressed.

And everyone knows that Water pokemon are weak to Electric attacks.

F

Factory Head Noland

I just saw this episode and may I say...it was awesome!! The battles were really cool but I did NOT like the cliffhanger at the end of the episode...I have to wait until next week now...

Who was it that said it was Grovyle using Bullet Seed against Luvdisc?? That's right, it was me!

I was confused with the double battle though, how come Ash got to use 3 Pokemon but Adan only used 2? Also it was 2 against 1 when Pikachu and Corphish faced Sealeo...confusing...

I love surfing Pikachu!! It rox! Did you see the skill that Pikachu used....awesome!
I cannot wait until next week, it looks like part 2 will rock even more than part 1!

How come Ash had to battle in a double battle first? Soz this thread is too long to read all the way through...