1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Eight Fate! (387)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Ardan's just a poser. I'll never see him as the true Sootopolis GL. That title belongs to Wallace.

I don't know what came over nintendo's mind when they decided that using Wallace as a GL was premature and replaced him. Perhaps theres an explaination for all this?

2. frednmethod

frednmethod Banned

nah, i'm figuring it would be kinda unhealthy, you know? no sunlight doesn't sound so good for the skin, and it would always be dark there.

They just decided to follow the latest game, I guess.

3. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Hoi, they're pretty much both the same. Adan pretty much has a helluva lot more personality than Wallace does and is a rather interesting final Gym Leader. Plus he IS Wallace's teacher. And Wallace does become the Champion in Emerald. So it's really not a premature change. Plus the anime's following Emerald's storyline for now.

4. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

...Wallace hasn't appeared in the anime yet, so how can you judge that Adan has more personality than Wallace? It's a tad premature to be saying things like that.

*shakes head* I'm very dissapointed in you Edward. :p

5. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

Just saw this for the first time, and I must say it was very good. I liked how they had some music from Heroes and Wishmaker, and even some battle music from the Raikou special, which was unexpected. The battle was really cool, and it was definately nice to see Heigani being used a lot, because I love the little guy.XD

6. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

Who wants to bet that in the dub Juan will have a posh english accent?

7. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

No, they're usually saved for insane villains, eh, Ashy boy?

But, yes, some form of camp European accent will most certainly be used. They wrecked his name- why not have a horrible slaughterous maiming of his voice?

8. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

yeah

I can imagine it
    "good 'ay my little companions how about a spot of tea" *shudders*

9. grand master cyndaquil

grand master cyndaquil Active Member

I think that this episode good is .
    But I never saw it on television .

10. Inuyasha639

Inuyasha639 ? ? ? ??* ? ??* ? ? ? ?

Nope, with that French moustache, he looks like he'll have a French accent.
    Will Wallace even appear in anime? If he does, will he have a French or English accent?

11. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

*gets nervous* omg...two more weeks before I see him! <3 Adan!!

12. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

Its on now, and I'm at work. :( Taping it on my VCR and my TiVo. This day is going to drag on so slowly. :(

Does he sound hot? Please? omg..

13. ghost master

ghost master the kawaiist thing

this episode seems interesting. I forgot that Juan had beat won the GF. I also forgot how good this battle was. One dub mistake Juan told his pokemon to use hyper beam for Seaking and Hydro beam for Sealeo. I think they meant aurora beam because thats what it looked like but, Hydro beam weird.

14. OMG did you just hear that? Corphish said Magikarp!

Pikachu: Pikachu Pikachu!
    Corphish: Magikarp!

15. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Really? Did they say that? I couldn't tell. I thought they nailed it on all uses.

16. ghost master

ghost master the kawaiist thing

Yeah after responding. I watched them do a recap from what happened in the first part and they specifically pick out a part when Juan orders Hydro beam.
    What I did like was that despite his name he still got an english accent. I always hated Aden's name being changed to Juan. Good thing 4kids used more common sense.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  17. V Faction

Heh. Oh shucks. Sure hope that people don't overlook the fact that Juan had a decent enough voice for the continuity error.

18. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

What a show off. I know this guy was a champion coordinator but honestly, He has to have better things to do than impress people with Water Gun. Still, the battle was awasome and Juan is trainer after my own heart. I was believed that if you can make your opponent make assumptions about you, the battle's half won.

19. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I like the continuity from "Training Wrecks", where Rocky's Walerin shows Ash Ice ball for the first time, so now with Juan's Sealeo, he remembered it.

Juan being a coordinator and winning the Grand Festival was a nice way to tie him into both Ash and May's goals. I really liked all the Water Pokemon at the very beginning of the ep.

Pretty good battle, now the rest of my review will be in the other thread, since this is a 2 parter.

20. V Faction

A lotta good that did him, ne? But hey, that's good writing (for once).

So then deep down you actually... love Contests?!! I'm surprised, Al!

Man, Juan is great, isn't he. It took forever to finally see this episode.