• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The great Reserve debate

Ignition

Sinnoh Season
I haven’t seen anyone mention this but this increases the chances even more for Ash’s Melmetal returning to GMax (not that it was an exactly small chance in the first place).

Red and Blue

I haven’t seen anyone mention this but this increases the chances even more for Ash’s Melmetal returning to GMax (not that it was an exactly small chance in the first place).
What's great is that Melmetal isn't the only reserve with a Gigantamax form. GMAX Snorlax and Kingler are also on the table for Ash as well

I feel like since we may see more of his reserves, that we will at least see some of them shine at some point in his PWC battles, so that even if some of them aren't used against Leon, at least they'll accomplish something by beating some of the other tougher competitors, while also giving his Journeys/PM2019 mons some more chances to shine as well.

I'm just looking forward to seeing just how many reserves get to battle. Hopefully it'll be a decent amount like during the DP days or Battle Frontier days.

That doesn't appeal to me much given that the powerful ones already received so much attention in previous sagas. It's the smaller underrated ones that deserve the chance to do more, although unfortunately I feel that the Goukazaru episode pretty much set the precedent for which reserves will get relevant screen-time.
Yeah I agree with wanting to see some of his "underrated" Pokemon, or Pokemon that didn't get much attention be used so that they have an opportunity to shine, or get more screen-time. But at this point I don't know what to expect from Journeys. I don't know, I feel like his current team is also lacking in terms of screen-time.

Which leads me to believe that I would have rather had Ash just use his reserves for this "world championships" challenge, similar to how he used reserves in the Battle Frontier days. Or even like during the Sinnoh League.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
That would have been appropriate if he had use his reserves for the pwc battles still I think it is not too late and it will be good if it will be a mixture of his current journeys team with his reserves as he will have more options and more variety in his pokemons so he can choose for all his pwc battles