• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The great Reserve debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasMV

Does it really matter though, since both Cyndaquil weren't on-screen together anyways and Ash's wasn't a permanent member.

Yeah, but Go's pokemon don't need to be onscreen together with Ash's either, and Ash's don't need to come back for longer than an episode or so. So it doesn't matter.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I'd save that lineup for the battle against Leon. The only question would be who would fill in the last two slots. I'd have Snorlax fill in one of them because of his battle record. But who would you have as the sixth?
Honestly speaking, I'd like Ash last battle against Leon to be a true homage to his beginning. Meaning, I want his last battle to be with his OG Kanto team. Yes, Pidgeot included.

Save his other regions teams for other Hyper Class battles and his current team for a rival or Raihan.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pkjoan said:
Honestly speaking, I'd like Ash last battle against Leon to be a true homage to his beginning. Meaning, I want his last battle to be with his OG Kanto team. Yes, Pidgeot included.

Save his other regions teams for other Hyper Class battles and his current team for a rival or Raihan.

What good would Pigeot do, anyway? He was an average battler at best for most of Kanto when he was on the team prior to evolving, and even when he evolved all he did was strike Onidrill a few times and didn't even manage to knock it out. I find it hard to imagine him getting stronger off-screen while he's part of a flock of wild Poppo and Pigeon, so I personally don't think that him coming back would be anything other than symbolic, and a rather bad strategic choice.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
It gets trickier with the recent anime. XY used CG backgrounds for a lot of BANK so the question becomes if the raw files of the Pokemon without the backgrounds still exist or not. We know that some of the Corni animation by Fujii Shingo was salvageable but who knows how that applies to other characters and Pokemon.

With SM being the most recent anime is it easier to reuse BANK animation in the new series?

Bearys

With all of Primeape training i’m sure he can KO every one of Leon’s pokemon.

YelST

watch Roukin
What good would Pigeot do, anyway? He was an average battler at best for most of Kanto when he was on the team prior to evolving, and even when he evolved all he did was strike Onidrill a few times and didn't even manage to knock it out. I find it hard to imagine him getting stronger off-screen while he's part of a flock of wild Poppo and Pigeon, so I personally don't think that him coming back would be anything other than symbolic, and a rather bad strategic choice.

Ash could be seen training it first, maybe if he gets it back at around episode 50 (or even much later, as long as it's clearly shown it's being trained) and becomes capable of mega evolving it.

As such, it'd be Ash's Mega of choice in the Leon battle too.

Suppose Ash can use any of his pokemons including reserves and released pokemons and the battle against Leon is 6 vs 6? Which pokemon do you want to be at Ash's team? (Pikachu is mandatory)

Leonhart

Imagineer
ibelinssj said:
Suppose Ash can use any of his pokemons including reserves and released pokemons and the battle against Leon is 6 vs 6? Which pokemon do you want to be at Ash's team? (Pikachu is mandatory)

For me it wouldn't be a matter of which ones I'd want to see, but rather which ones would make the most sense if he'd want to actually stand a chance of winning. So Pikachu, Lizardon, Jukain, Kabigon, Goukazaru, and Gekkouga pretty much.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Gonna throw this out: Assuming the writers plan on revisiting Ash’s older reserves, I’d like it if some of them evolved offscreen when they return, specifically ones like Snivy and Gible. Just don’t like to see some reserves still being in their original form esp if they’re older and would like to see some of them evolving offscreen out of wanting to see some actual use in the PWC and not back to background filler.

Red and Blue

1. Pikachu
2. Lucario
3. Charizard
4. Rillaboom
5. Greninja
6. Dragonite.

Of his reserves I think he would use Charizard and Greninja in addition to his newer captures

Ѕhiny Missingno

I'd rather see the Kanto team be used against Lance since that would be the most fitting, while Leon would be better and more epic with Ash's strongest line-up.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pikachu
Sceptile
Greninja
Snorlax
Anyone of his fully evolved Fire starters (I’d usually go straight with Charizard but having 2 in one match is boring)
I guess Sirfetch’d? There’s other Pokémon I’d prioritize but he deserves at least one Pokémon from his current line up and it’s the only one I care about

LucasMV

What I think would be Ash's strongest team possible for that match and why:

1-Pikachu (G-Max)
2-Charizard
3-Sceptile
4-Greninja (Ash-Greninja)
5-Incineroar (Z-move) or Snorlax
6-Lucario (Mega) or Dragonite

Charizard is his OG ace and his strongest non-transformed pokemon. Sceptile has proven himself against Darkrai. Greninja's transformation makes him OP. The remaining 2 slots could go to different pokemon.
Snorlax has shown incredible endurance and is super reliable, while Incineroar was capable of defeating Kukui's as a Torracat, so we can only imagine how much stronger he is now.
Lastly I think they're hyping up his Lucario to be pretty OP, and I can see Ash getting a Mega stone for him. If not, Dragonite has already proven to be very strong against Korrina and can only get stronger by the end of the series.

What I think he'll end up using:

1-Pikachu
2-Lucario
3-Dragonite
4-Charizard
5-Greninja
6-The last Journey's capture or Sceptile/Incineroar/Melmetal (G-Max)/Lycanroc

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1. Pikachu
2. Lucario
3. Charizard
4. Rillaboom
5. Greninja
6. Dragonite.

Of his reserves I think he would use Charizard and Greninja in addition to his newer captures
Honestly, I would like that especially Rillaboom but I have feeling that Grookey may go to Go instead which is fine. At least Grookey gets love as long as Go's Grookey is like Sobble( aka in "main team").

LucasMV

Honestly, I would like that especially Rillaboom but I have feeling that Grookey may go to Go instead which is fine. At least Grookey gets love as long as Go's Grookey is like Sobble( aka in "main team").

If Ash doesn't get Grookey though, then I have no clue what his 6th pokemon will be, if he gets any at all.

AJ97

No way in hell is Ash's Lucario going to sit out this battle lol. If Ash ever does get to the finals and battle Leon, it will definitely be with his newly acquired team if it is a 6 on 6 with the final battle between Pikachu and Charizard. Or it is going to be a 1 vs 1 between Pikachu and Leon's Charizard.
Plus, it would make no sense for Ash to use his OG Kanto team and have him bring an inferior Charizard against an opponent who has the strongest Charizard in the world. Unless there was a rivalry between the two charizards, Ash bringing in Charizard for this battle absolutely makes no sense.

If Ash doesn't get Grookey though, then I have no clue what his 6th pokemon will be, if he gets any at all.
I don't think it would make sense to give Ash grookey or weak pokemon based off how the pwc works. As ash advances up the ranks, his opponents are only going to get stronger. So if they give ash pre-evolved pokemon to use while in the process of battling tougher opponents, it wouldn't really make much sense. Especially cause he already has the Riolu and Farfetch'd.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't think it would make sense to give Ash grookey or weak pokemon based off how the pwc works. As ash advances up the ranks, his opponents are only going to get stronger. So if they give ash pre-evolved pokemon to use while in the process of battling tougher opponents, it wouldn't really make much sense. Especially cause he already has the Riolu and Farfetch'd.
Who is to say that they wouldn't give Ash Grookey or weak Pokemon? Riolu literally hatched and is training to be powerful. Same can be done with that weak Pokemon and why putting Grookey under same basket as weak Pokemon, what if Grookey was strong? Also what if he undergoes fast evolution to become strong Rilaboom. Precisely he has Riolu and Farfetch'd that doesn't mean he's regressing all the time.

Master Pikachu 11

1. Pikachu
2. Lucario
3. Charizard
4. Rillaboom
5. Greninja
6. Dragonite.

I agree with this list completely, however, if Ash does not get Rillaboom then Sceptile would be a great choice to use as well. I still think that he is going to get it and I hope that when he takes on Leon that he has at least one Gen 8 Pokémon on his team since he will be taking on Leon in Galar and it’s the new generation, so I hope that one Gen 8 Pokémon makes the team whether it’s Rillaboom or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.