• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The great Reserve debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasMV

I'm so happy. That's all I wanted from this series. I was starting to lose hope that the reserves would actually return.

I know Infernape is getting more involved because of DP remakes most likely. But I hope Ash starts using at least some of his reserves in rotation for the Ultra and Master Class of the PWC. This has the potential to be the most epic part of the anime as a whole if done right!

Red and Blue

Perfect timing too since he will be in Ultra Class soon where all the tough trainers should reside. He'll need the extra firepower

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know Infernape is getting more involved because of DP remakes most likely. But I hope Ash starts using at least some of his reserves in rotation for the Ultra and Master Class of the PWC. This has the potential to be the most epic part of the anime as a whole if done right!
I’d be happy if this just leads to Ash bringing Infernape back to Cerise Park for BDSP promotions. The fact that his old pokémon are getting any kind of attention is amazing

Pteranodonte

Also pidgeot?
It is not impossible for Pidgeot to appear again given the hint we got in the 7th episode. Also, the fact that this is a world travel saga open up the possibility of Ash meeting again his old Pokémon. Pidgeot and Greninja in that case are the most likely to appear since we know their current locations, but Butterfree, Lapras etc. could also appear if the writers want so.

LucasMV

I’d be happy if this just leads to Ash bringing Infernape back to Cerise Park for BDSP promotions. The fact that his old pokémon are getting any kind of attention is amazing
I mean, if Infernape escaped Oak's lab cause it was bored or something, I could see Ash taking Infernape with him, at least for a while. In a similar fashion to what happened with Donphan on AG. That'd be awesome.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Seeing Goukazaru again actually has me really stoked....hoping Gou’s monkey becomes friends with Satoshi’s monkey.

See Satoshi got his own monkey. No need to be salty over Gou’s now, right , fan base? :p

It’s so weird seeing a not Kanto or Galar/newer Pokémon in the new art style and just in focus like this in a main role. Looking at the clashing design styles between the monkey and humanoid soccer player rabbit exactly four generations later is...interesting?

desdar300

[
Seeing Goukazaru again actually has me really stoked....hoping Gou’s monkey becomes friends with Satoshi’s monkey.

See Satoshi got his own monkey. No need to be salty over Gou’s now, right , fan base? :p

It’s so weird seeing a not Kanto or Galar/newer Pokémon in the new art style and just in focus like this in a main role. Looking at the clashing design styles between the monkey and humanoid soccer player rabbit exactly four generations later is...interesting?
Well that particular Pokemon is getting a remake and a prequel so we got to suck them off eventually.

nuzamaki90

I’m glad the overall reaction to reserves returning and Infernape being used has been positive both in Japan and the west. Optimism for Ash to use his old friends is still nice and hot.

It’s time for the Ultra Class and like many assumed, Ash will need to use more than his main team to climb the ranks. My question is how often will it be? Will it be like Sinnoh where each team is a mismatch of his Pokémon or Johto where it’s primarily his main team but with an old addition here and there?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I’m glad the overall reaction to reserves returning and Infernape being used has been positive both in Japan and the west. Optimism for Ash to use his old friends is still nice and hot.

It’s time for the Ultra Class and like many assumed, Ash will need to use more than his main team to climb the ranks. My question is how often will it be? Will it be like Sinnoh where each team is a mismatch of his Pokémon or Johto where it’s primarily his main team but with an old addition here and there?
I'd prefer something similar to how his reserves were handled in the Battle Frontier.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

His Infernape is an amazing Pokemon. I hope we get flashbacks

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't know I just have this feeling they aren't coming back.

Definitely not like Infernape vs Moltres or anything crazy like that.....

Oh well, maybe next gen, lmao.

so do people think the only way Ash can use them is for them to transfer all of them over to Cerise Park? Cause I for one would find that excessive and stupid.

besides the pokedex is supposed to be able to transfer pokemon as is, so who's to say he can't just summon what he needs when he needs it? I mean the gen 8 dex's basically keep alow self transfering without a computer so there's that as well.

dman_dustin

so do people think the only way Ash can use them is for them to transfer all of them over to Cerise Park? Cause I for one would find that excessive and stupid.

besides the pokedex is supposed to be able to transfer pokemon as is, so who's to say he can't just summon what he needs when he needs it?
I was just making an obvious joke in face of the news we got. In other words I was being facetious.

But in all honesty we shouldn't even be concerned about this, Ash brought Charizard from Charicific Valley in Johto, from Oak's Lab in Kanto to somewhere in Unova, it would be more difficult for something like Goodra if Goodra's Poke ball is at Oak's.

The more important concern is the Journey's team and whether or not Ash bringing his reserves back for battling makes sense in context of battling, I'm guessing in other words rotation of Pokemon to be seen in Sakuragi lab for episodes and get switched out to Oak for other reserves.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The reserves return was hands down the best part of the preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.