• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The great Reserve debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsH KetcHHup

The problem is I think Go is likely involved in the battle because it shows him throwing a pokeball on the same floor as in the moltres scenes so I don't think blaze will be involved. Hopefully, Infernape will make other appearances too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Now that the reserves are confirmed to appear, please change their movesets like Infernape replacing Dig (Wasted move on him) for Thunderpunch
It seems unlikely that any of the non-Goukazaru reserves will have an important battling role in future episodes from my viewpoint, so I don't expect any of the others to receive moveset changes. The preview made it seem as if Satoshi going back to Okido-hakase's lab is just a catalyst for the Goukazaru subplot, in which case I can't imagine the writers heavily focusing on the other reserves outside of that reunion scene that was shown.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I hope Goukazaru’s return isn’t just quick fanservice and wind-dressing but has a purpose and impacts the story/structure in some manner. It coming back and just pulling out Blaze and doing some “GoukazaruTM Things” and disappearing is not what I want. I would like it to be apart of the team but then Satoshi already has two Fighting-types and his current team needs more screentime that a reserve could takeaway from that.

....come to think of it a reserve coming back is nice for an old face but I’ve come to realize I don’t really care heavily because they don’t really have the need more any development nor really would impact the current narrative heavily? Goukazaru’s storyline was so tied to Shinji we could hope for a reference to him and that would be that.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I hope Goukazaru’s return isn’t just quick fanservice and wind-dressing but has a purpose and impacts the story/structure in some manner. It coming back and just pulling out Blaze and doing some “GoukazaruTM Things” and disappearing is not what I want. I would like it to be apart of the team but then Satoshi already has two Fighting-types and his current team needs more screentime that a reserve could takeaway from that.

....come to think of it a reserve coming back is nice for an old face but I’ve come to realize I don’t really care heavily because they don’t really have the need more any development nor really would impact the current narrative heavily? Goukazaru’s storyline was so tied to Shinji we could hope for a reference to him and that would be that.

you never know, Paul could show up in the PWC, and perhaps if he does, Ash can take down his Torterra and Magmortar, the monsters that they were finally.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
you never know, Paul could show up in the PWC, and perhaps if he does, Ash can take down his Torterra and Magmortar, the monsters that they were finally.
I’m totally okay with them just writing new story lines. Fanservice is fine but I also am a huge advocate and writing new and organic worthwhile material. You could write some storyline surrounding the Legends starters by bringing back say Mukuroh or Mijumaru but I think expecting a series spanning narrative for any of the Pokémon at this point is a fool’s bet. Goukazaru coming back is cool but it doesn’t have a new form or anything to showcase nor a narrative reason other than promoting the DP remasters.

At this point I just wish they would do a more all-encompassing and throughout storyline for some of the Satoshi Pokémon given their handling of Gou’s Galarian starters thus far and Koharu’s Eevee. Kamonegi’s storyline was the only thing and fairly basic and not really heavily character based just it becoming more noble.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Honestly the best case scenario is just ash moving all his mons to the sakuragi lab so he can train every one for the PWC.

It honestly would be better if we could get to see all of ash’s pokemon interact there, rather than just all of goh’s random pokemon who barely have any backstory and personality to them.

I doubt that would ever happen though. Since ash’s current team already doesn’t exist there anyways, and they probably want to keep it just goh pokemon only so they feel less like just check marks on his dex.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't really care if Rowlet or Quilava evolves but I really hope Legends promotion is enough to give Ash the Samurott he should of had in BW.
Nah just to Dewott

That's what I was going to say. I'll be happy enough with only Dewott. I only want an evolution if the line ever gets a regional/alternate evo that fixes Samurott's design.

Honestly the best case scenario is just ash moving all his mons to the sakuragi lab so he can train every one for the PWC.

It honestly would be better if we could get to see all of ash’s pokemon interact there, rather than just all of goh’s random pokemon who barely have any backstory and personality to them.

I doubt that would ever happen though. Since ash’s current team already doesn’t exist there anyways, and they probably want to keep it just goh pokemon only so they feel less like just check marks on his dex.
I think Ash probably thinks it's for the best keeping his reserves at Oak. I mean, his farm is a lot bigger than the Park, specially with Pallet being a country town AND that does makes the lab less crowded than it already is.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That's what I was going to say. I'll be happy enough with only Dewott. I only want an evolution if the line ever gets a regional/alternate evo that fixes Samurott's design.

I think Ash probably thinks it's for the best keeping his reserves at Oak. I mean, his farm is a lot bigger than the Park, specially with Pallet being a country town AND that does makes the lab less crowded than it already is.
Why because it's a sea lion? It still has parts of an otter in its design.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I just found it ugly and a downgrade from Dewott. Not anything overly elaborate or rocket science.

Samurott and Quilladin hold the Oshawott and Chespin lines back from getting all the glory they rightfully deserve.

Samurott is a double dissapointment as it's not even water/fighting.

desdar300

Thinking about everything I believe this may just be a one-time thing for now just like we saw with his Aloan Team.
I feel like it best we're going to see them later in the series but this is just a special occurrence with Infernape and nothing all too special

Leonhart

Imagineer
Now the only downside is that this could just be a one-time thing and we may not see the gang again until later in the series or at least the ones that TPC wants to market for their upcoming stuff
I'm pretty confident that this will be the case just by looking at the preview and seeing how little emphasis there was on the reunion scene compared to the Crown Tundra scenes and everything else that was shown. But at least Goukazaru seems like it'll receive proper development, which is fitting given the Shinou remakes.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Cmon atleast we are getting all of them and getting focus on infernape a fan fav battling freaking moltres, id take that its excellent continuity. Original reserves can use screentime more before reserves are used in battles

desdar300

Cmon atleast we are getting all of them and getting focus on infernape a fan fav battling freaking moltres, id take that its excellent continuity. Original reserves can use screentime more before reserves are used in battles
Honestly at this rate I doubt that the journeys team is going to get anything dedicated to them now that they're fully evolved.
It's gotten to the point to where people are fearful of Ash getting any more Pokemon because it may dwindled there already meek screen time

Status
Not open for further replies.