• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The great Reserve debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landton

Personally fellas, I'm unconvinced until those wankers at OLM give me a reason to believe that the reserves are coming back.

It's looking like it's probably just going to be the PM Team
They literally telegraphed Greninja's return. I don't know how you can still believe otherwise, we'll most likely see a few old Pokémon used.

desdar300

They literally telegraphed Greninja's return. I don't know how you can still believe otherwise, we'll most likely see a few old Pokémon used.
I would like to believe but it could just be a simple passing of the torch to Lucario.

It's likely but it's not hardcore confirmed just like it's not confirm that Infernape isn't going to be doing anything or any of the other fire types that popped up during the Moltres episode

Landton

I would like to believe but it could just be a simple passing of the torch to Lucario.

It's likely but it's not hardcore confirmed just like it's not confirm that Infernape isn't going to be doing anything or any of the other fire types that popped up during the Moltres episode
They already had a passing the torch moment with Lucario in the Raihan episode. Why on earth would they have to do that again? They even showed Greninja nod to it.

Landton

We will see.
But I won't be surprised if the reserves don't come back and this is just the last hurrah for the journeys team.
You literally are not basing that on anything though, his whole team just got battles in the last two matches. They only really need the Leon match.

desdar300

You literally are not basing that on anything though, his whole team just got battles in the last two matches. They only really need the Leon match.
Likewise you are basing it off of something that is not absolute either.

It's just something that " has to happen" kind of logic because of the bookends feeling.

Yes, Greninja was shown but so was the alolan team and Infenape.

Landton

Likewise you are basing it off of something that is not absolute either.

It's just something that " has to happen" kind of logic because of the bookends feeling.

Yes, Greninja was shown but so was the alolan team and Infenape.
Which we could very well see some old pokemon used. Obviously he can't use everyone. But a few key pokemon. I also expect Ash's Kanto starters to get a spotlight ep soon since they're on the first two posters.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Honestly the only reserves needed for me to be happy with the Masters Eight would be:

- Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Butterfree (Let the OG team have a chance at winning)

- Infernape (Only he can give a satisfying defeat against Cynthia's Garchomp, Lucario already beat an Ace so he definitely doesn't need to get another win so undeserved and Dragonite beating Garchomp would be beyond unsatisfying)

- Greninja (Allow him to defeat Megazard X)

AARTX

Dead inside…
Y’know, the one thing that might prevent Ash from using reserves at all in the M8 is if only 6 pokemon has to be registered.

Which means he’s going to register his JN team only.

Landton

I highly doubt he's using reserves at this point
True, the writers just straight up hate his reserves at this point
Why? I don't know where you get the idea they wouldn't. They practically telegraphed it giving Ash's current team fights before Master Class.

Still have my doubts about him using reserves but all I need is Infernape vs Garchomp and a good first battle for Ash’s Incineroar.
I'm pretty sure reserves are more likely than not. I can also see Ash's Kanto starters and Sceptile appearing for all generations to be repped.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why? I don't know where you get the idea they wouldn't. They practically telegraphed it giving Ash's current team fights before Master Class.

I'm pretty sure reserves are more likely than not. I can also see Ash's Kanto starters and Sceptile appearing for all generations to be repped.
Another alt already? Jfc

Landton

Honestly the only reserves needed for me to be happy with the Masters Eight would be:

- Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Butterfree (Let the OG team have a chance at winning)

- Infernape (Only he can give a satisfying defeat against Cynthia's Garchomp, Lucario already beat an Ace so he definitely doesn't need to get another win so undeserved and Dragonite beating Garchomp would be beyond unsatisfying)

- Greninja (Allow him to defeat Megazard X)
I agree with the Kanto starters but of course Pidgeot/Butterfree won't return or make sense.

I can see one rep otherwise from each generation. Infernape, Greninja, Incineroar, Sceptile, etc. Obviously there's not enough space for everyone since the JN team will get the full Leon battle

Badfemalecompanion

The only return we need to see is Ash's Charizard. Greninja would be cool but I think his chances have lessened today after Lucario used the bond phenomenon in his base form. We are going to eventually see Mega Lucario bond oodama rasengan and Alain seems like the most likely opponent to be a victim to this.

An interesting curveball would be if the top 4 was a battle royale and Ash, Alain, Lance and Leon all use their Charizards. Wouldn't that be pretty cool?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Might be weird, but Infernape fighting Fire-types at Oak's might've been foreshadowing that it might fight Alain's Charizard? Who knows.
Concerning Cynthia.. I'd love for Torterra vs. Kommo-o and Infernape vs. Garchomp. Just seems too good to pass up.

Landton

Might be weird, but Infernape fighting Fire-types at Oak's might've been foreshadowing that it might fight Alain's Charizard? Who knows.
Concerning Cynthia.. I'd love for Torterra vs. Kommo-o and Infernape vs. Garchomp. Just seems too good to pass up.
I think Infernape for Cynthia is a dead on prediction for DP promotion, continuity to DP anime itself, and current series foreshadowing.

I mean I'd love to see Torterra get some redemption too but the writers clearly don't give a crap about it. They didn't even have it appear in the Oak's lab ep, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.