• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The great Reserve debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Also that episode of them watching the TV was actually them watching Ash during the Masters Tournament.

Soooo
Calling it… Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch’d and Dracovish will literally be the only Pokémon that Ash will use in the entire Master Class, period. His team of OP fanservice bait. It’s as if the poor handling of reserves in DP has permanently scarred the writers or something.

BW was sorta understandable with only using his new Unovan Pokémon due to the soft-reboot premise and SM was all about treating Alolan characters and Pokémon as a giant family. XY and JN? Absolutely no excuse to why he can’t use his old Pokémon for a major tournament.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Calling it… Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch’d and Dracovish will literally be the only Pokémon that Ash will use in the entire Master Class, period. His team of OP fanservice bait. It’s as if the poor handling of reserves in DP has permanently scarred the writers or something.

BW was sorta understandable with only using his new Unovan Pokémon due to the soft-reboot premise and SM was all about treating Alolan characters and Pokémon as a giant family. XY and JN? Absolutely no excuse to why he can’t use his old Pokémon for a major tournament.
The problem is they should have used them from the start, and have more battles, mix them with the new ones. Now it seems they really wont and they don't have that many battles left, specially if they are 3v3 at most. The next episodes he goes to Oak's and is just training his current team.

LucasMV

The only hope I have left is that part of Tomioka's interview where he says "surprising appearances of Pokemon" will happen in the Tournament. I don't think he means from the other Champions, since we know their aces and I doubt they will deviate too much from their game teams.

If Ash uses only his current team, there would be no surprises. So that's why I think he may be referring to Ash surprising us by bringing out some reserves in some of the battles.

After all, he doesn't need to take any of them with him in the next episode, it's not like pokeball transferring machines aren't a thing. If they were present at regional leagues like Johto, why wouldn't they be readily available in a tournament this big? There's still hope to avoid the biggest disappointment in Pokemon history.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The only hope I have left is that part of Tomioka's interview where he says "surprising appearances of Pokemon" will happen in the Tournament. I don't think he means from the other Champions, since we know their aces and I doubt they will deviate too much from their game teams.
You're right!

Ash's reserves will appear!

Sitting next to Goh at the stands!

And Charizard will shake pom-poms!

Gingertail24

If Ash uses only his current team, there would be no surprises. So that's why I think he may be referring to Ash surprising us by bringing out some reserves in some of the battles.

After all, he doesn't need to take any of them with him in the next episode, it's not like pokeball transferring machines aren't a thing. If they were present at regional leagues like Johto, why wouldn't they be readily available in a tournament this big? There's still hope to avoid the biggest disappointment in Pokemon history.
Just because we know there aces doesn't mean there won't be surprises in their team in general . He could be reference surprising pokemon from the M8 teams

AARTX

Dead inside…
So uh, do we pull the plug on this thread now? Or wait until the writers pull a JN105 and surprise us at the last minute LMAO.

Though if anyone does get the Serena treatment it would probably be Ash-Greninja. There has been no promotion on the form itself even though Tomioka acknowledges AG as a popular pokemon (though there was this supposed toy leak about MCX vs AG) but the chances of that is next to none.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
So uh, do we pull the plug on this thread now? Or wait until the writers pull a JN105 and surprise us at the last minute LMAO.

Though if anyone does get the Serena treatment it would probably be Ash-Greninja. There has been no promotion on the form itself (though there was this supposed toy leak about MCX vs AG) but the chances of that is next to none.
If you pull the plug and it turns out Ash is using reserves, it would be the most hilarious thing I'll see on Serebii yet.

That's why the thread is kept open to monitor for any future surprises, no matter how unlikely it may seem (like Serena's return). It's not about hoping beyond hope, it really discussing about Pokémon anime and the concept of reserves in general and speculating on possibilities.

At the very least, see it to the end.

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster

Though if anyone does get the Serena treatment it would probably be Ash-Greninja. There has been no promotion on the form itself even though Tomioka acknowledges AG as a popular pokemon (though there was this supposed toy leak about MCX vs AG) but the chances of that is next to none.
Next week should close the book on the thread regardless of outcomes.

Shadao

I wouldn’t be shocked if the writers never even considered reserves for this series because they view this team as basically Ash’s ‘dream team’

As if how good they are in VGC means anything to fans

Tomioka? Do recall that he was in charge of the Sinnoh League which brought back Ash's reserves which at the time seemed unlikely but was welcomed by fans, nonetheless. And he's one of the best writers when it comes to Ash's battle journeys.

I'm sure it crossed his mind to use reserves for the PWC.

Well, They are the team that got him to Masters 8 after all. They should be seeing this through.

Didn't stop Ash from using his reserves in Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh League despite the fact it was his main team that got to the League in the first place.

Really, the question of reserves should depend on Ash's strategy to maneuver through a gauntlet of champions all determined to beat him. He could either rely on one team but mix and match his tactics to ensure his opponents will not exploit his predictable weaknesses. Or he can rely on reserves to obscure the opponents' anticipation of his team.

This is why thread continues regardless of predictions. We all want to know what Ash is going to do to win.

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
Tomioka? Do recall that he was in charge of the Sinnoh League which brought back Ash's reserves which at the time seemed unlikely but was welcomed by fans, nonetheless. And he's one of the best writers when it comes to Ash's battle journeys.

I'm sure it crossed his mind to use reserves for the PWC.

Didn't stop Ash from using his reserves in Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh League despite the fact it was his main team that got to the League in the first place.

Really, the question of reserves should depend on Ash's strategy to maneuver through a gauntlet of champions all determined to beat him. He could either rely on one team but mix and match his tactics to ensure his opponents exploit his predictable weaknesses. Or he can rely on reserves to obscure the opponents' anticipation of his team.

This is why thread continues regardless of predictions. We all want to know what Ash is going to do to win.
They didnt have ash use reserves in xy and sm so. point stands.

Shadao

They didnt have ash use reserves in xy and sm so. point stands.
And there are times where Ash decides to it was better to use reserves for the League. The point is we don't know what Ash is planning for the Master 8 since he's going to be facing a gauntlet of top trainers of many regions. We could only guess what his plan is quite frankly a new situation for him. Quite exciting to say the least.

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
And there are times where Ash decides to it was better to use reserves for the League. The point is we don't know what Ash is planning for the Master 8 since he's going to be facing a gauntlet of top trainers of many regions. We could only guess what his plan is quite frankly a new situation for him. Quite exciting to say the least.
if two of Ash's M8 battle is 3v3 before Leon (6v6 possibly ) then it wouldn't be fair to his journeys team to not be part of the entire M8

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Well, They are the team that got him to Masters 8 after all. They should be seeing this through.
They're getting the climatic full battle against Leon and beating the world's best trainer no matter what and already beat a Champion-level Gym Leader, an E4 and an actual Champion beforehand, so it's not like they're starved for decent spotlight or good treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.