• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Great Shiny Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I support this to be stickied.

Also, Shiny Palkia looks great.

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
We don't need it to be stickied, Home page of Srebii is the way to go, like check there.
Anyways my fav shiny has always been charizard but pikachu's shiny forme is lame.

Frosth

I have got: shiny pikachu, luxio, pachirisu, bidoof and masquerain. All shined by my self! :D

Frosth

I have got: shiny pikachu, luxio, pachirisu, bidoof and masquerain. All shined by my self! :D

(sorry...:()

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Despite the fact that this may be locked and deemed unnecessary, I for one think it is a great idea...using this thread is a much easier to way to get a look at just the shiny sprites of the Pokemon. Furthermore, it enables you to have more of a comprehensive look (seeing like seven shinies at once) than using the site's PokeDex, does.

After scrolling through the sprites, I've come to the conclusion that most legendaries have pretty average shiny sprites...and to me, the 4th Gen collectively has the least appealing shiny sprites of all the Pokemon games. Yeah, there are some REALLY nice ones like Yanmega, Shaymin, and Lucario, but **** shinies like Wormadam are really just a waste of a shiny hunter's time.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yeah I found a few mistakes:

1. There are no sprites for the Blue Gastrodon (West?)
2. The Pink Gastrodon has no shiny, it is just the same sprite twice.

Other than that, wonderful idea, although sticky might be unnessecary.

I must commend Dark D for the effort he went to in order to compile this list. I think this thread is quite a good reference and could be linked to in the first post of official shiny threads. ;123;

coolespeon

I dont know.
there are good shinys and other just look like something that shouldn´t be existing!!!!

Undecided

Collector
Thanks! Lol.

Favorite Shinies: Pinsir, Chairzard, Charmeleon, Beedrill, Ninetails, Zubat, Ponyta, Rapidash, Eevee, Slowbro, Magneton, Weezing, Staryu, Gyarados, Slugma, Skarmory, Nuzleaf, Camerupt, Clamperl, Beldum, Rayquaza, Spiritomb, Giratina, Roselia, and Omanyte, All others, the normal is better.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
If you think about it..Shinys are supposed to be a rare and odd thing in the pokemon world...so I don't think you can just judge them if it's good-looking or not..it's just "odd"-looking.
Regirock comming to mid as big chocolate-pile..tasty

drake13

Ryukishi
hehehe...this is really nice!!....btw, i love the color of the shiny flygon..it's just so cool

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Wow, this is great. Now I don't have to wait for my computer to load every single page of serebii's dex! I'm liking Blastoise right now, seeing as I just hatched one yesterday and it's got some nice stats. I'm thinking about going for Flygon next. Thanks for the help!

Dark D

Death comes Swiftly
i think the poster intended it to be a quicker way of checking shiny sprites against their non shiny counterparts then going to each individual page on the serebii pokedex.
to which i say this is a great idea, would definitely save a lot of time

Yep, this is exactly what I intended. :D

And yes, I was aware of the gastrodon glitch, I will fixed it later ;)

I still think this should be stickied or it could be moved to the serebii.net homepage somewhere. I made this page using some php code on my own server, so if serebii.net wants it on there just contact me.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Wow this is amazing, I appluad the thread maker for making this thread! Hurray!

I love the really "strange" shinies: Lopunny, Lickilicky, Voltorb, Furret, Jumpluff, Dugtrio. Thanks very much, very useful thread indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.