• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Greatest Z in Alola! Tapu Koko VS Pikachu! (1087)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Nah, I much prefer this route over a newly evolved Incineroar just serving as nothing but canonfodder for Tapu Koko. Have it do anything more than that against Tapu Koko and it just gives the impression it still had plenty left over after defeating Kukui's Incineroar, and that retroactively makes that threshold seem less impressive. Let it go out on a high note after it defeated its long-established rival and goal.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Nah, I much prefer this route over a newly evolved Incineroar just serving as nothing but canonfodder for Tapu Koko. Have it do anything more than that against Tapu Koko and it just gives the impression it still had plenty left over after defeating Kukui's Incineroar, and that retroactively makes that threshold seem less impressive. Let it go out on a high note after it defeated its long-established rival and goal.
Keep fighting just to lose immediately after the battle of your life would have killed the moment completely

Okay, fair enough. Didn't really think that part over too much when I was making that suggestion. Still could have worked another battle in between here and the end of the series though. (Which I'm assuming doesn't happen, but I guess I don't technically know that.)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
They kept in the XY Trainer battle theme for Naganadel vs Tapu Koko and seeing that as it’s my favorite aerial battle, I can accept the other music. I don’t think the music Goldfarb makes is bad at all (in SM at least) but sometimes just misplaced to me. His calm themes as @mehmeh1 mentioned are fine for one.

Also Sarah was great in this!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
They kept in the XY Trainer battle theme for Naganadel vs Tapu Koko and seeing that as it’s my favorite aerial battle, I can accept the other music. I don’t think the music Goldfarb makes is bad at all (in SM at least) but sometimes just misplaced to me. His calm themes as @mehmeh1 mentioned are fine for one.

Also Sarah was great in this!
Larry: You're having that already!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I still think Guardian of Alola should have been used during any of the UB arcs first before the battle (especially when Hala went history time on us). Using it first here is extremely narmy when the target is a Pikachu (even if said Pikachu is supposedly a threat), even if the shock (pun intended to heck) value was the reason behind it.

...Then again, I did say these deities are very selfish, so their priorities are skewed.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What is that weak plinky lullaby music? Are they trying to bore their audience into apathy in preparation for the new series?

Don't know what part you're talking about specifically, but during the flashback montage the music they used was a medley of the three English Alola opening, and I thought that was pretty cool.

I still think Guardian of Alola should have been used during any of the UB arcs first before the battle (especially when Hala went history time on us). Using it first here is extremely narmy when the target is a Pikachu (even if said Pikachu is supposedly a threat), even if the shock (pun intended to heck) value was the reason behind it.

...Then again, I did say these deities are very selfish, so their priorities are skewed.

Yeah, seemed especially odd that Hala had just talked about how special the move was, but then it was used for the sake of a regular battle. Had it been introduced early and used in a more important situation, it would have felt more excusable.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Guardian of Alola absolutely should've been used during the Necrozma Arc to defend the islands from invading Ultra Beasts coming from wormholes opened by Necrozma in an attempt to get its light back

Failing that, during the Guzzlord invasion, which is basically that but on a animatable scale

Red and Blue

Even if Guardian of Alola was used during the Necrozma arc or Guzzlord's invasion there was no reason it couldn't have been used twice. 10 million volt thunderbolt was used twice before the exhibition match

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The voice acting was great though
Kukui using Guardian of Alola was intense and even the soundtrack of this moment until Pikachu fires the Z-Move was great compared to the rest

Don't know what part you're talking about specifically, but during the flashback montage the music they used was a medley of the three English Alola opening, and I thought that was pretty cool.
Didn't even hear that part in the first time, it was so subtle but wow, really cool!

Both of these made me like the dub soundtrack for the episode a bit more while re-watching in Youtube, I admit
Even more of a reason for me to want something better in the rest of the scenes. The buildup until Kukui actually used the Z-Move was unfitting, for example

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
It's nice to see so many dub only viewers. I used to be a dub only viewer myself before the dub got so far behind japan that it got annoying. So now I watch the subs for the latest episodes that appear tho sometimes I would watch some dubbed episodes
Before PM2019, I was a dub-only viewer because I hated the JP version.

But now that PM2019 turned out to be good even in Japanese, I've been following it, and so I'll be watching in both languages once its dub premieres.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I really like watching Dub-only viewers' reactions, seeing as to how most of us jp viewers tend to get spoiled through episode titles and summaries

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really like watching Dub-only viewers' reactions, seeing as to how most of us jp viewers tend to get spoiled through episode titles and summaries

Honestly, it's probably even harder to remain spoiler-free as a dub viewer, given the fact that episodes come out in Japan several months ahead of time, and people (at least on the internet) seem to think if you don't watch it when it comes out in Japan, then too bad for you. Even if it's something that tries not to spoil people, sometimes it's just inevitable. Like it's so hard to visit Serebii.net and not get anime spoilers, even though Serebii attempts to hide them. What annoys me most is when Serebii makes a post saying "We've updated Ash's biography with the new Pokémon he captured in this week's episode." While that's not a spoiler in of itself, if the "Next in Japan" section has been showing a picture of a Meltan for the past week, then it's almost assured that new Pokémon he caught was a Meltan, which I would classify as a major spoiler. You could argue that if I don't want the spoiler, than I shouldn't be on Serebii.net, but then I would miss the news. (Really wish Serebii was better about that...)

Even off the internet it can be a problem. I was spoiled about Ash winning the Alola League by a jerk ex-friend of mine who just casually brought it up, even though he knows I only watch the dub. His excuse was that he assumed everyone knew already. I was so angry at him. (For the record, it is not because of this spoiler that he's no longer my friend, we had a falling out a few weeks later, though I'm sure this event contributed.)

I would think it's much easier to avoid episode titles and summaries than just the casual ignorance people often have towards dub viewers.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, just kind of came out that way...