• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Greatest Z in Alola! Tapu Koko VS Pikachu! (1087)

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon
Tell that to everyone who thinks Meltan and Naganadel are amazing pokémon who carried the team despite neither of them ever receiving training
No one has ever said they carried the team, we just think they're amazing because they're big and badass. And what does that even have to do with in game mechanics?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I just saw someone say on YouTube that ash still isn't the strongest trainer in alola coz lusamine is stronger

YT has tendency of having some of the most awkward members and comments ever.

Anyways, incredible match we have finally got one mtch from SM which we can say is one of the best matches of entire series. The last 0 episodes from alola league semifinals onwards have made this series from underwhelming series with rushed plotlines and bad execution to a enjoyable series overall.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I can't believe it. Ash defeated another legendary pokemon, Tapu-Koko. And he won the exhibition match. Well done, Ash and Pikachu.

Last edited:

CupidKirby

Ignoring the fact that BSTs mean nothing, most minor legendary trios have 580 BST(also less than pseudos), and tbh, while I disagree with your statement that none of Ash's speech was true, the scenes chosen for the flashback seemed.........random.
Anyways, now that I've taken a closer look at the post-battle scenes, it seems like Ash kept the Pikashunium

Yeah, it's a little hard to see but the crystal on Ash's Z-ring does appear to keep the Pikachu tail shape even after the battle. I wonder if this is going to be addressed in the next episode? Also, I'm sad that Ash is probably going to lose / get rid of the thing literally 2 episodes after officially getting it. It makes sense. We don't want Peakachu one-shotting all the first gyms but this is the best thing Pikachu's gotten in 22 years and exclusive to Ash's bond with him and I'd hate to see it taken away.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't get why people still question how pikashuniam Z happened. I think it's kinda obvious. It happens when strong Z power flows. Z power can also be released by trainers and their Pokemon and shared when they have a powerful bond. As simple as that

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I don't get why people still question how pikashuniam Z happened. I think it's kinda obvious. It happens when strong Z power flows. Z power can also be released by trainers and their Pokemon and shared when they have a powerful bond. As simple as that
It's apparently due to "The Power of Alola" that was only brought up now because hahaha what is good worldbuilding on a core mechanic of the series?

Which doesn't explain how it worked in Ultra Space or against Mimikyu

Was nice to see the Tapu recharge the shards of Necrozma's flesh that trainers wear on their wrists though

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's apparently due to "The Power of Alola" that was only brought up now because hahaha what is good worldbuilding on a core mechanic of the series?

Which doesn't explain how it worked in Ultra Space or against Mimikyu

Was nice to see the Tapu recharge the shards of Necrozma's flesh that trainers wear on their wrists though

Coz ultra space is literally overflowing with Z power too thanks too Necrozma. Heck Z power first came to alola coz of Necrozma from an ultra wormhole.
And the trial is a sacred tapu ground. So Ash and pikachu's bond managed to awaken it. It literally activates due to an influx of Z power caused by Ash and pikachu's bond. I don't mind a power boost based on bond coz we always have that

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
I mean, we know gym leaders in Galar are gonna be using Dynamax. Maybe they don't give Ash one until a few gyms in and they let him challenge the first couple with Z-moves? After all he IS the reigning Alolan champion. If Ilima could have a Mega Ring for visiting Kalos shouldn't the reigning Alolan Champion be using Z-moves? Idk, I just hope they don't completely ignore the fact that Ash is a champion moving forward... It took us so long to get here...

But let's be real, Pikachu is gonna lose to a starter 2 episodes in and they'll never even reference the fact that Ash won a league...

EDIT: On second thought, it doesn't even make much sense for a champion to be challenging (and losing to some) gym leaders. Maybe the new guy is gonna be the one to go through the Galar gyms and Ash just goes for E4 and Champions? I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I? :D

For now, at least. Let's just pray another DP-BW transition doesn't occur between SM and the new series.

Glad to see some positivity from you, btw. :)
Thanks! If I like something I will say it. This was one of the best battles ever on the show.

It's always the question if Pikachu is going to be reset. Although he wasn't really in Kalos and Alola. I'm hoping for Ash to use reserves in the next series, so maybe Pikachu gets to keep his current powerlevel.

Noy

I have to wonder if the Kamehameha reference is also meant to be a subtle reference to Kamehameha I, the first king of Hawaii.

It makes sense, considering Ash is Alola's first Champion, but I won't lose sleep if it happens to be a complete coincidence.
I was wondering about that. why the pose after activation. now I get the reference.

I kind of like how they saved the Guardian of Alola Z Move for the end of this series, since its kind of the closest thing to Dynamax outside of Dynamax (which will be introduced in the next series).
On that point, when they got to the part where everything went white and Ash started talking about the power of Alola, for a second there I though the writers were going to throw in a surprise twist, by having Pikachu Dynamax to match Gaurdian of Alola. After all, the little info on Dynamaxing we have, does mention something about a power resting in certain locations of Galar, that causes Dynamaxing. Combine that with the cloud formation above, and Tapu being in a large form from his Z-move, It wouldn't be too out of place. But, I quickly realized that this was unlikely because, that would motivate Ash to focus on Galar instead of what ever plot that involves visiting past regions.

Last edited:

nameman

Everyone's already said my thoughts on this battle, so I'll just mention my favorite part that nobody's talked about. That's when Tapu Koko fainted to "Hello, my dream!" at the end of Type:Wild. It just felt impactful and subtle for the series to end the battle on that. Like one step closer had been taken on Ash's dream. But what now? These next episodes will hopefully lead to the seeds of answers especially heading into the next series.