• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Greatest Z in Alola! Tapu Koko VS Pikachu! (1087)

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
IM so glad he won it would of undermined everything if he had lost. The writers are in a very odd spot now of course resting ash and pikachu is always possible but now it be more damning then it has ever been with Ash now a official champion and pickachu big win lets hope next show is really what were all deep down hoping for and ash goes and beats all the other regions (NEEDS ME THAT ASH VS CYNTIA FIGHT NOW)if thats the case then we really could be looking at ash final adventurer next show as long as they send him off right with 22years of build up then ill be happy but right now I say its 60 to 40 he be reset next show with it not being that in his favor after this.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I just saw someone say on YouTube that ash still isn't the strongest trainer in alola coz lusamine is stronger
To be fair, she was with a surprisingly blasé face during the z-moves clash. Probably unconscious memory she was nuked last year.

Anime: when Friendship beats logic. Lmao

Pokemon: Friendship is Magic

I don't get why people still question how pikashuniam Z happened. I think it's kinda obvious. It happens when strong Z power flows. Z power can also be released by trainers and their Pokemon and shared when they have a powerful bond. As simple as that

Personal headcanon: Ho-Oh gave a little push to make pikashunium-Z happen. I just remembered a prequel chapter to the movie 20 manga showed Ash and Pikachu fighting a totem kommo-o in Alola when they remember about Ho-Oh and they perform 10 million T-bolt and fries the kommo-o. At least, the 7 colored thunderbolts always sounded as a reference to Ho-Oh.

NPT

Just a member
...Wow.

To be honest, I expected Ash to lose the exhibition match since he already won against Gladion, but somehow he overcame all odds and won! Suffice to say I'm more than pleased with this episode, and the match as a whole. I think now it's safe to say that this battle has surpassed the XYZ League battle by a long shot in terms of intensity and satisfaction value.

Ash truly deserves the title of "champion". No doubts about it.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be honest, it's a weird writing decision to have Kukui never reveal his last Pokemon even after his ace and a random Lucario were both taken down. Like, what was he going to use? Is that sixth going to rot inside his ball for even longer? Was he going to pull an Elesa?

Red and Blue

To be honest, it's a weird writing decision to have Kukui never reveal his last Pokemon even after his ace and a random Lucario were both taken down. Like, what was he going to use? Is that sixth going to rot inside his ball for even longer? Was he going to pull an Elesa?
If we are lucky we will see it in the last two episodes. Maybe

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I tried to put together all captions of the scoreboard.
ddivwaf-0019b769-aa78-409b-852b-8edf6ee8ca10.jpg

Some notes:
1. We hardly got anything from Terrocat vs Melmetal and both vs Tapu Koko fights
2. The longer the fight the less captions we got
3. We never got a final one showing Koko faiting and Ash winning which is really odd...

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon
I believe it's "Type: Wild", the fifth ending of the original series, according to Bulbapedia. A remix by Shoko Nakagawa was used in this episode (it was also used as the ED in SM129).
Nah, I don't think they're talking about that. There's another tune that plays during the very beginning of the fight, once pikachu starts attacking. Then when the Z-moves come into play is when Type:Wild begins.

Kousan Koenraad

Nah, I don't think they're talking about that. There's another tune that plays during the very beginning of the fight, once pikachu starts attacking. Then when the Z-moves come into play is when Type:Wild begins.

Ahh! That makes sense then!

EDIT: I know this is a crazy idea that will probably never happen. But I think the dub of this battle should use Pokemon Theme during the Z-Move clash (you know, the Pokemon OP mostly every Western fan knows).
They had an English version of Type: Wild, but it was used in Pocket Monsters Encore and wasn't seen overseas, as far as I know.
For all I know, they might just end up using some typical battle music, but I've hope they'll give Ash a good theme music power up.

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Ahh! That makes sense then!

EDIT: I know this is a crazy idea that will probably never happen. But I think the dub of this battle should use Pokemon Theme during the Z-Move clash (you know, the Pokemon OP mostly every Western fan knows).
They had an English version of Type: Wild, but it was used in Pocket Monsters Encore and wasn't seen overseas, as far as I know.
For all I know, they might just end up using some typical battle music, but I've hope they'll give Ash a good theme music power up.
Prediction: It's gonna be purely instrumental. And the intensity is going to drop to 0 when Ash begins reminiscing about the journey through Alola because if there's one thing I've noticed that the dub score seems rather prone to doing, it's always choosing the tempo of the music based on the exact thing that is on screen right this second, resulting in like five seconds of fast-paced actiony music followed by five seconds of low-intensity music for the clips focusing on the spectators rather than the actual fighting, only to then go back into fast-paced actiony music when the camera cuts back to the action. Which is, in turn, going to drastically affect the momentum of the scene and make it just on the whole significantly less awesome.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
This episode's Poké Problem was the weirdest one.
Great episode and Ash VS Kukui was the best battle ever in Sun and Moon anime, by the way i got the shiny Tapu Koko from the last Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon battle competition on the same day this episode aired and its nature is timid just like the previous shiny Tapu Koko i got.

Last edited:

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Smeg, I forgot to give my thoughts on the episode.
I do like that Tapu Koko used the Z-Rotom Power from USUM to allow Ash and Kukui to use a 2nd Z-Move, and the whole battle itself is certainly the best that Sun and Moon had offered us. I'm not surprised that Pikashunium-Z made a reappearance. Though I will dread to think what the dub will do with the Z-move clash, music-wise.
Also, Pikachu continues to be a Legend slayer, with two win in this series alone.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I totally forgot to write down my thoughts on this episode. It was amazing. Naganadel vs Tapu Koko was a fun clash. I like how the Aether Folks were so happy to see Naganadel and Ash fighting side by side.

Pikachu vs Tapu Koko was the best. The use of Type: Wild! was exepected but jeepers, it never disappoints. It's such a hype song. Tapu Koko was not expecting Electro Web and it's a move I've wanted Pikachu to have simce Gen 5 and it finally came a reality. It's such a versatile move in the anime and it even cancelled out Nature's Madness.

That final clash gave me such Dragon Ball Super hype vibes. The little montage of Ash and Pikachu loving Alola was so touching. Alola does truly feel like a 2nd home to him since he's been in a stable location compared to the traveling he did in other regions.

The episode ending with Ash and Pikachu just resting was perfect. It's been a wild ride.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I just remembered something that I forgot to put in my thoughts:
Ash being a big brain and using a Dragon move on a Fairy-type, it's not like there was an episode of XY where that was established... *scratches head* Then again, he did use that tactic to blind Tapu Koko, so I'll give him a pass on that.

Last edited:

BladexFade

(Champion) Ash is officially the strongest trainer in Aloha. This has to BE one of my favorite battles, everything that was buildup since the past few episodes up to now was fantastic. The fact Tapu koku has been beating Ash since the beginning of Aloha makes his win so much worth it.

Onward to the next episode.