• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Grimm Life (PG-13) Discussion Thread

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
This is difficult, as no character is more important than any other... so, there's two sides to this:

On one hand, yes, time jumping would be good for you two... though Fire, you still haven't provided a baseline post for your Normal, I know it sounds boring, but without it, the interuptions to her everyday life are not as well understood by those of us who aren't art students working at a sushi resturant, the set-up.

On the other the kids are just meeting one of the Grimms, and this could be a critial plot point for the Grimm/Normal relationship (or it may be nothing). Honestly, we would have been at a good point for a time-skip after Cathy's reveal, if Allister had not come outside... This is a slice of life (which can admittedly get boring) where time-jumps can leave some big questions.

But, since not timeskipping leaves Delta out entirely... I suppose we should go with the time-skip. The time in the RPG is currently 4:50, assuming the restuarant is open until 10, when I return later today the time will be 9:50. So if you want to post anything more at the current time, do it now. You all can bunny Summer if you need/want too, (but if you make her act out of character, I will correct the timeline with a vengence, and you may not like the results... so, I suggest reading her personality before attempting bunnying).

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Yes it would have been a good time, but Fire had other ideas lol. Nobody's fault, though.

Can we time skip after the exchange between the Grimms and normals is concluded please? I'd rally like to get Cathy out to meet these two characters, once my phone fully charges.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Time-jumping is also a good idea for my character, I'm pretty out of ideas atm.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I suppose I should try to post in a couple of hours then if we're gonna do it, or leave it out entirely and post after the time skip. Up to you guys.

I don't see Cathy interacting with the normals as particularly required for her development or anything. Just optional.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Thing is, Vamp... night shifts at restaurants don't start until approx 5-5:30. Even I were to try to post as Claudia now, she would literally just be walking in the door. However, when you do timejump, I'll make a post lengthier than usual that sort of establishes how her traditional workday is by having her reflect on it. It's Saturday, right? She wouldn't have had class anyway, so we can cross that bridge when we hit the weekdays.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
we're planning some sort of event at the local restaurant? Sounds like fun

Firebrand

Indomitable
Well, eventually. Both my characters will end up working there, so I should hope people come for me to interact with.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Thing is, Fire… it’s an RPG, no one was going to fault you if your shift started at 4, besides it’s not always nightshift starts at 5, I’ve worked at one where the nightshift people were there before 4. Yep, it’s Saturday, but you can pick what days she has College, weekends aren’t necessarily off after you get out of High School.

Kani, not yet, but yes…

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
We seem to have stalled. Either people are playing XY too much, or school is taking up too much time. Regardless, I've tried to get some interaction going, and next will be going to Ridley.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Vamp, in regards to your note in parenthesis: Allister would be aware of the fact he is not normal. He was raised in an environment with no other men, knowing full well he could never be a witch, or even a warlock. He also is not fully an incubus. His interactions with normals back in the old country would have shown him how different he is from normal people. Granted, he doesn't know the extent of it in America, but he's aware that he's always been a little different.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
There's normals in the old country? Regular humans with no supernatural traits?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Fire: if you'd read the note fully, you'd notice that I mentioned even if he didn't think he was normal, he'd veiw the others (such as Lenore) as normal... but, maybe that was all you meant when you worte it.

Bron: ummm yeeeessssss? Sort of, they're used to monsters (which are plentiful in the Old Country) and not used to modern stuff though, so they're not that normal.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Claudia was speaking to Allister specifically, saying that the way he moved was unnatural (i.e., too quick for a normal human and with impossible jumping distance). She wasn't talking about Lenore's mist travel or anything else at that point, too much in panic mode. Tunnel vision on the latest improbable thing, if you will. And since Allister is used to being faster/stronger/etc., than his aunties and other normals he meets, he understands what she's saying and can finish the sentence for her.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Alright so there's non supernatural humans in the old country. Had no idea.

Still confused how Allister's perception of what's normal differs from other Grimms.

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
That's a little convoluted. So both non supernatural humans and old country natives consider him weird?

Firebrand

Indomitable
We would consider a biracial kid raised by two moms a little different, wouldn't we? Well, that's pretty much what Allister is.