• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Grimm Life (PG-13) RPG

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Approved Players

Family Grimm
1. (VampirateMace) Lenore ('25')
2. (VampirateMace) Edgar ('25')
3. (Kanima) Ridley ('19-20')
4. (Bron) Cathy ('20')
5. (Firebrand) Allister (22)
6. (Delta Hunter) * Reserved *

Normal Neighbors
1. (Delta Hunter) Halt (15)
2. (cmats4020) Daisy (12)
3. (Firebrand) Claudia (21)
4. (Grassmaster411) Joey (8)
5. (VampirateMace) Summer (8)
_

RPG Rules:

1. No bunnying (controlling another’s character) without permission, unless they disappear for 2+ weeks.
* Exception: Bunnying through use of witchcraft/hypnotism will be allowed within reason, but the bunnying player must return the character to it’s owner at the end of their post, and the bunning player may not harm the character physically or have them go insane without prior permission from the character’s owner. And as always, it’s still polite to ask before bunnying anyways.

2. Since this RPG is rated PG-13:
* No gore (light or cartoon-ish violence only, minimal blood)
* No sex or full nudity (this stuff can be hinted at, but that’s it)
* No drugs (legal alcohol and smoking must be limited to adult characters)
* Very little swearing (censor your swear words)

3. Lastly, put your character’s name, location, and the time, at the top of your post. Always make it very clear which character you are RPGing as.

4. If you need to ask questions or discuss plot, use the Discussion Thread to avoid cluttering this one with OoC posts:
>>> Take me to the Discussion Tread!!!

5. Please, limit your back-editing! A little is fine (particularly if another player asked that you insert a reply, or you are performing an action that does not interrupt their action, such as watching/spying on them or stirring your coffee), but when you start to have conversations or perform actions that push out other people’s timelines, it is no longer okay. If you are at another location performing actions at the same time, this does not count as back-editing.
_

Now, to get us started, it’s just after 4:00 pm on Saturday:
* The Grimms should be arriving at the house for the first time.
* The Normals should be wherever their weekend schedule requires; be that home, shopping, work, etc…
_

Edgar Grimm
Upscale Neighborhood, Grimm Manor
4:08 pm, Saturday

A hearse rolled down the street. In the front seat sat a slightly pale young man with dark hair that stuck up in front. He was dressed in casual business attire. In the passenger seat sat a young woman who looked a lot like him, only paler and with a certain lifelessness to her hair. In her lap was a small black rabbit, who trembled slightly because of the engine sounds.

They were Edgar and Lenore Grimm.

The streets here were smoother and straighter than the ones in the old country, where Edgar had learned to drive, and he’d found the trip from the airport a fairly easy drive. He turned the steering wheel and rolled the hearse up into the three car driveway, that when combined with the three car garage gave them room for up to six vehicles.

He stared up at manor as he put the car in park, it was his first time seeing the large three story house that Grandpa Randy had purchased for the family members to live in while in the US. It was a pretty nice house; lots of space, a covered wrap-around porch, balconies on the second and third floors, a rooftop observation deck, and a mini-tower housing a spiral staircase. But the hideous off-white color it was paint, would have to go. What struck Edgar as funny, was that all the houses around here seemed to be similar colors, and he really hoped that it wasn’t the only option.

The grounds around the house were nice too, sprawling unkempt yards, a weeping willow out front, and the tops of a couple weeping willows and a hemlock tree could be seen behind the roof.

Edgar pulled the key from the ignition, and got out stretching. The drive had been easy, but long and had left him feeling a little stiff. His sister swept out of the car in the elegant way only a vampire could, holding the rabbit close like an infant.

Edgar moved around and opened up the back hatch of the hearse. Lenore’s coffin was off to one side, and the other side was stuffed with bags (containing the clothing, hygiene products, and other personal effects that they couldn’t send ahead) and a couple tanks containing his tarantulas; Bonnie and Clyde. He smiled softly to his sister as he picked up Clyde’s tank, “Let’s get all this stuff out of here, then we can take your coffin up.”

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Cathy Katherine
Upscale Neighborhood, Arriving at Grimm Manor
4:10 pm, Saturday

The cab was speeding along the streets with me in the back seat, relaxing sideways on the whole thing and half asleep. Of course they wouldn't let me take it into the plane, so I was glad the airport didn't misplace my over the shoulder bag with the rice in it. Really I would have been surprised if they did. I did only have the one piece of luggage. Some people choose to travel light, and I'm one of them. Sally was sitting between my legs and playing with a ball I'd made for her.

The sliding window between the driver's seat and the back seat was open and I could hear his voice as he spoke. "Here we are miss." Said the cabbie as we started to pull up, not looking at me like when I got in. Honestly I didn't get a good look at him either. Probably if I did I'd never tell the difference from other cabbies anyway, or care to remember him. Didn't know his name too.

"So how much do I owe you?" I asked, getting up into a sitting position and reaching into my bag. I moved the plastic bag with the rice over to the side and pulled out my leather wallet. It was a gift from my parents back in the day, and I still put all my money in it even with now choosing to use a purse of sorts. It's bigger than a standard purse though, and a laptop or a couple of textbooks could comfortably fit inside.

The cabbie looked over to the meter, which I could also see but wanted him to say it. "$48.23, but please don't go. Maybe I could take you to my house and we could do something together? Free of charge of course." He said as I reached into my wallet and pulled out a $50 bill. I then handed it to him through the divider. Did he just ask me out? If I stayed in here too long he would get too lustful and I might have to hurt him. I was glad that this cabbie didn't care to actually look at me.

"Keep the change." I waved goodbye through the plastic divider as I got out of the cab quickly and slammed the right passenger door. The cab then sped off, probably back to the airport to look for more possible fares.

I walked over to the house where a long limo-like car was parked in the driveway with two people who seemed to have just arrived as well. I pulled the note out of my jeans pocket and checked it again then put it away. Yea, this is the place. Large white house, creepy grounds. Fredrick had told me on the phone that this would be where I would be staying while attending college, and some other members of the family would come too. Maybe these were some of them? I walked over to examine what they were doing from behind, kinda nonchalantly, and noticed the coffin. Of course. It's not a limo, but a funeral car. Maybe that's their job?

"Uh, hi. I was supposed to show up here. Did somebody die, or is this part of your work?" I asked the couple (At least I thought they were a couple), hoping I wouldn't startle them too much. By this time Sally was curled up on my right shoulder half asleep.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lenore Grimm
Neighborhood, Grimm Manor
4:08 pm, Saturday

Lenore plopped Chuckles down in her coffin so he wouldn’t run off while they took stuff in. She wasn’t worried about him being scared, he was used to the coffin and it was much bigger than the cages that some pet owners use.

She heard a car pull up, and drive away, a perfectly normal neighborhood sound, even in the Old Country, though the cars here seemed to run a little better.

Edgar had stacked Clyde’s tank on top of Bonnie’s and was preparing to carry them in. Lenore reached past him and started to pull on a bag, but heard a voice behind them, "Uh, hi. I was supposed to show up here. Did somebody die, or is this part of your work?"

She turned to see a curvy girl in somewhat reveling clothes, carrying only a shoulder bag, with a cat on her shoulder, who appeared to be a werecat. She didn’t say what was on her mind about the clothes, but smiled softly hoping to make a good impression, “Oh hi, you must be Cathy! Grandpa Randy told me you were coming to stay with us.”

Edgar ignored this exchange and carried his spiders to the house. Lenore looked over her shoulder at him, then back at Cathy, “Don’t mind him, he’s a little shy,” then looking at Cathy’s bag asked, “…oh, is that all you brought?”

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
(Times don't match up now. I added 2 to the time to account for well, time. Gonna add 1 minute more. I swear I suck at time. I usually just estimate it, with relative time of day)

Cathy Katherine
4:11 pm, Saturday

The lady was pale. Very very pale. Pale like a ghost pale. Must stop staring. How long was I staring? Had to be only a couple of seconds. Hopefully she didn't notice. The man went off carrying things and didn't speak. What's with his ears? Both of them looked like they were getting ready for Halloween. I'd been told to expect the unexpected, but I just assumed everybody in this extended family was a sorcerer. I'd have to ask about these features when we had some time to ourselves.

"Yup that's me. I'm Cathy Katherine." I said returning the smile and grabbing her right hand to shake it vigorously in both hands then letting go. My chest wiggled more than usual. "But it's interesting you know my name, considering he didn't tell me the names of any of the other family members I'd be living with, or at all what they'd look like. Of course I got my information from Fredrick and not Grandpa Randy directly, so he might have omitted a couple of things. Or more than a couple probably." I said still staring at the coffin that now had a bunny in it. I nodded at the comment about the man not being very talkative. She seemed to be deliberately dodging the question about the coffin. Maybe staring at it would remind her I asked about it. I continued talking while staring at the coffin.

She then asked why I was carrying so little. "Well, I make things out of other things, so I don't need to carry much with me except smaller things. It sounds cryptic I know, but you'll understand eventually." I said with a wink as I instinctively checked that I still had the rice by feeling my bag.

Sally jumped down from my shoulder to the ground and spoke to the lady. "I'm Sally, but you probably know that already since you knew Cathy." Said Sally, jumping up into the car then into the coffin and looking at the bunny. "Can I eat him?" She asked jokingly, trying to look innocent while licking her lips.

"I don't think you can.........No, I really don't think you can." I answered her, then remembered. "Sally remember Fredrick said you're not supposed to talk in public. Last time you did that it really freaked people out."

"Lay off. I'm sure I'm allowed to talk to the family." Then she turned to look at the rabbit again. "But he looks so tasty. Are you sure I can't eat him lady?" She asked the pale woman.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Ridley Duchannes Grimm
4:07 pm, Saturday

"So.. this is the New Place?" Ridley said into the tense air as he looked out of the window of the cab he was sittnig in. The cab driver was careful not to ask any questions, or even make a single noise. IT appeared he was afraid of something, but Ridley just couldn't figure out what. Are all the People in this neighbourhood as stiff and stressed as this guy? Hopefully not.. They're no fun if they're all frightened all the time It had been a long drive from the airport, but Ridley wasn't really tired, as there is so much awesome stuff to look at out the widow while talking to yourself and sometimes laugh weirdly! Oh, maybe that's why..

The neighbourhood was actually pretty cozy, despite its total lack of anything that even reminded of the Old Country.. I'll get homesick for sure!. Eventually, they arriwed at a driveway, and the driver stopped. "... We're.. here..." he mumled as he went out of the car and took a deep breath as if he had been underwater for a really really long time. Without a Word, he helped Ridley take out his bags and the very old fashioned broom that had been laying very oit of Place on the roof of the taxi.
"Excellent!" Ridley said. "Broomhilda, could you please take these to the main entrance while I pay this Young man?". The broom lifted itself into the air a few feet off the ground after Ridley somehow managed to Balance all his bags on top of it, and rushed over to the entrance. "So.. How much do..." Ridley started, but the cab-driver had already taken off in a rush. "Oh.."

By the entrance, there were Three People; A pair of Goth-looking siblings that obviously was related to him, though a few houndred years younger, perhaps? And a very attractive Young woman With a cat on her shoulder who stood besides them and talked about a bunny. The house itself was large and white, and matched the other houses in the neighbourhood. Ridley did not like the facade at all. On his way to the door though, he passed a funeral car, making it the only thing that slightly reminded him of home.

He had absolutly no idea what the names of the Three People were, as he had zero contact With his Family throughout the past centuries. For all he knew, they could be his great great grandncousins or something. He'd to just take a chance, and as he walked towards them, he threw out his arms in a friendly gesture. "Cousins! What an awefully long time it has been!"

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Allister Redmayne Grimm
4:10 pm, Saturday

Despite the obvious signals the girl in the car was sending, Allister was far more taken with the manor they were pulling up to. "Right here's fine, love," he murmured as he reached into the backseat for his pack. "Thank you kindly for the lift." Finding himself a little short on cash after getting off the plane, Allister had just walked out in front of the airport and held out his thumb like he had seen those American film stars do in the pictures. It was not long before a rather pretty girl pulled up in her Jeep and asked where he was headed.

She leaned across the center divider between the seats, her lips just slightly pursed. Allister gave a small smile, kissed his index and middle finger, and placed them gently on her lips. "Call me sometime." That was an American thing to say, yes? Problematic in that he did not have a phone to speak of, but then he had no real intention of ever seeing her again. The girl just nodded, a little dumbstruck. Allister slung his pack over his shoulder and got his valise out of the back seat. With long strides, he walked up the driveway and raised an eyebrow as he first clapped eyes on his extended relatives. There was magic power here, that much he could feel. Nothing as strong as his mother, no, but certainly a practitioner of the Arte. But who was it emanating from? The woman?

"Hello," the incubus said, stepping beneath the shade of one of the trees that lined the walk. He inclined his head in what was almost but not quite a bow. "I am Allister. Charmed, I'm sure."

Claudia Johansen
Upscale Neighborhood, Outside Grimm Manor
4:12 pm, Saturday

Of course, she had missed the bus. Cabs were way out of her price range, even for a short trip, so it looked like she was walking to work. Claudia hastened down the wide streets of the neighborhood, trying to keep her hair in order and smooth the creases out of her blouse. Her manager was probably going to be angry at her for being late, she didn't want to show up to work looking a mess on top of that. The only hope she had was cutting through this neighborhood to reach the Commerce District at all soon.

The sight of a hearse caught the young woman's eye. As far as she could remember, that house had just been sold. So why were they carting dead bodies in and out? A group of people dressed all in dark colors stood around it, inexplicably carrying suitcases. Claudia couldn't help but suppress a grin, now she understood. Some rich old relative had kicked the bucket, and now the family had all come to collect their inheritance. They were probably going to take a vacation too, if the baggage was anything to go by.

She paused for just a moment to look at the weirdos, but of course staring was rude, and she was late anyway. It probably wouldn't be long before they left for the funeral, and she didn't want to be caught gawking. Quickly tying her hair back, Claudia hurried off to work, determined to come back for a better look when she wasn't going to be on the clock.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Bron: Sorry about the time thing, I messed up…
- Also Edgar in not that hairy, which is kind of the point, he acts like a werewolf, but he’s never transformed.
- Try not to alter what people have already posted too much, otherwise we end up in a long string of back editing.

EVERYBODY: Please try to coordinate your times better, I know I messed up, but let’s try to keep up with the current time.

Lenore Grimm
4:13 pm, Saturday

Cathy was surprised Grandpa Randy had told Lenore her name, but, well, that was only civil. Maybe Fredrick didn’t tell her their names?

Lenore was going to tell her, but she was staring at something in the hearse. Following the gaze, Lenore realized it was her coffin, or maybe her bunny, should she introduce them? Cathy spoke again, "Well, I make things out of other things, so I don't need to carry much with me except smaller things. It sounds cryptic I know, but you'll understand eventually."

Not really, transfiguration was pretty basic magic…

The cat jumped down from her shoulder, "I'm Sally, but you probably know that already since you knew Cathy. Can I eat him?"

Cathy scolded her for talking, but the cat said it was allowed. Why wouldn’t it be? The cat then asked again to eat Chuckles.

“Try it and your dead,” snarled Lenore. It was an empty threat, as she likely couldn’t bring herself to hurt the cat, but she’d be devastated if anything happen to her bunny.

Edgar returned to get one of the bags. He sniffed in Cathy’s direction (smelling her general cat-ness).

Another cab arrived, and rushed off, leaving behind a young man and his broom. He made a friendly gesture, greeting them generically as cousins. Lenore didn’t recognize him, but he had the Grimm charm in his appearance.

He was followed by a car dropping off another young man. He introduced himself politely as Allister. Another distant relative Grandpa Randy had told her about. Lenore stepped away from the hearse towards him, “Hello, I’m Lenore…” she then pointed at her brother who was returning to the house with bags, “and that’s my brother Edgar,” and then gesture in the direction of the cat girl, “and you probably don’t know Cathy either, we just met as well.

(I was hoping the Grimm members would know each other, so we could avoid long repeated intros like this… and so that there’d be some family bond…)

Summer Finnegan
Neighborhood, Finnegan House
4:15 pm, Saturday

Summer munched on a couple peanut butter crackers she’d made for herself, as she headed outside to play while Grandpa took his afternoon nap. She unlocked the door and slipped outside. It was a pretty nice day, not too hot or cold, partially cloudy.

A woman in nice clothes walked by (Claudia), looking a little worried. Summer didn’t recognize her, so she watched as the woman continued past the big old manor. The woman pause in front of the house, redoing her hair, and kept going. Summer saw there were some funny looking people out front, and a funny looking car (she can’t see the coffin, and doesn‘t know what a hearse is). Were they moving in? She wouldn’t want to live there. Her friend had told her that place was haunted, because one of the past owners invited some people over for a party then went insane and murdered them all! She didn’t know if it was true, but she didn’t fancy meeting a ghost.

Summer was disappointed that she didn’t see any kids, so she turned and went into the back yard to get some lawn toys out of the shed.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
Allister Redmayne Grimm
Upscale Neighborhood, Grimm Manor
4:15 pm, Saturday

Allister waited in patient silence as his four distant relatives regarded each other. It became abundantly clear that none of them were going to pay him any more mind, and he really had no wish to exert his seductive charms on them, at least not at this early juncture. Running the tip of his tongue along his teeth, he reached his arms up in a languid stretch and gave a dainty yawn. He turned to his Aunt (or so he figured, anyway) Lenore and inclined his head again. "Madame, the flight was quite long, and I had difficulty sleeping so high in the air. Begging your pardon, I shall retire." Without waiting for an answer, he picked up his valise and traveling bag and picked his way through the shade to the front door of the house. Using his shoulder, he pushed them open and made his way into the foyer. Sparing the decor no thought, he made his way up to the second landing and then the third.

His "uncle" Randy had written him to say that his boudoir would be on the third floor, with French doors that would open onto a balcony. Allister figured this something of a cruel jape on Randy's part, for he must know full well how sensitive Allister's skin was to sunlight. When Allister found his place, facing out onto the front lawn of the house, he was gratified to see that at least his uncle had the forethought to rig up heavy dark curtains above the windows. The incubus strode around the room drawing the drapes and plunging the room into darkness. He looked around for an oil lamp, but instead found only a small bedside fixture, operated by a switch. Allister idly flicked it up and down for a moment, enjoying the power he now had over light and darkness itself. This was far more convenient than the dragon-fat fixtures his mother had used in the Old Country.

When this no longer amused him, he tossed his bags onto the bed and surveyed his new territory. "Armoire, carved of walnut and mahogany, quite elegant. Should be enough room for clothing there. Ah, and a chest of drawers and a handsome bookshelf as well! Fantastic!" He stroked his chin and sighed. "The bed is a little small for tastes. Certainly any company will be quite... intimate. And I suppose I shall need no less than two sets of sheets. But all in all..." He reached into his valise and procured a black parasol. "Quite acceptable. One might even say adequate. Though I should hope my esteemed 'uncle' does not expect this country boy to be overwhelmed by his generosity."

The incubus snapped open the parasol as he stepped out onto his balcony, perching it against his shoulder to keep the sun's rays off of him. He leaned against the Gothic railing and stifled another yawn, looking out at the trees of the front walk, and how very different they seemed from the skeletal grasping ones he had climbed as a young boy.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lenore Grimm
4:18 pm, Saturday

“Okay, have a good rest,” called Lenore as Alistair headed for the house. She wasn’t quite clear what her relationship to him was, but things could get pretty complicated when family members aged at different rates.

Lenore turned to the hearse and grabbed a couple of remaining bags, “Hope you will all excuse me, my brother will feel neglected if I don’t bring some of this in as well.”

She headed to the house, recalling the note Grandpa Randy had given her, the twins had rooms next to each other, on the second floor, with balconies facing the backyard.

She dropped off a bag in her brother’s room first. The furniture was his own from the old country, a little banged up and mismatched, but it had good character; a bed with a headboard cabinet, dresser, desk, potion supply cabinet, bookcase, spell bookstand, and caldron stand. He’d set the tarantulas in the bed’s headboard cabinet, and left his first bag next to his bed, so Lenore left his other bag beside it.

She then entered her own room. There was less furniture here, and some of it newer; a new large wardrobe with built in mirrors for all her cute clothes, a small desk for writing poetry, a small bookshelf, a new vanity, and a wrought iron briar for her coffin. Her brother was here too, looking out the glass doors, heavy light blocking curtains hung down to either side of him.

“Our relatives are going to think you’re anti-social,” she suggested, putting her bag down next to the one he’d just brought up. He turned his head to look at her, not replying. But she knew what was wrong, he hadn’t recognized anyone one so far, and for someone who to whom family was as important as Edgar felt it was, it was unnerving. She let he sulk a moment longer, returning his gaze to the window, before suggesting, “Want to help me with the coffin?”

He nodded without looking, before turning around, and then following her from the bedroom.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Cathy Katherine
4:18 pm, Saturday

So the lady was Lenore and the man was Edgar. Siblings. One of the two men who showed up didn't introduce himself, but he was definitely friendly. The "pretty" one was Allister. They seemed ok if a little creepy. All these people were creepy, so I assumed it was part of their charm. People started to head into the house so I decided to do the same, and find my room. I picked up Sally and she jumped back on my right shoulder. We then headed in, leaving the friendly unknown man outside alone, and were greeted by the living room. And what a living room. The place was huge and well furnished with what seemed to be expensive furniture. There was a large couch in the middle and an old style square TV with knobs. Seriously who uses knobs anymore? This would have to be replaced once we ordered real TV. And when I say we I meant me of course, since it seemed I could afford it on the allowance my bank account was getting monthly. I checked the TV and it was getting no channels, which probably was because it had a rabbit ears antenna and no converter box since before the days of even the basic channels requiring one. Yea, I'd fix that after I checked out my room.

Fredrick said my room was on the first floor past the living room and on the right side of the hall. He said it was kind of in the general middle of the house and should have a view of the front yard. Naturally the door was unlocked and I headed in then shut it behind me. Sally jumped off my shoulder and then onto the nearby sofabed. I flicked the light switch a few times to make sure the light fixture was working, and it was. The blinds were down, which I quickly raised a little so I could see outside. Looking outside I could tell my room was on the right side of the entry door when looking at it from the outside, so I was on the left when looking outward from the inside. I had a great view of passersby, but it was probably a bad idea to open the blinds all the way since I'd get Peeping Toms. Heck I'd probably get them regardless. Moving away from the large window, I went to examine the rest of the room.

The door wasn't quite in the middle of the room and was off to the right, a little toward the bookcase on the right wall. The bookcase seemed to have what looked like spellbooks. It didn't take up the whole wall and there seemed to be room for an entertainment area to the right of the window. Maybe Fredrick ordered these for me so I could study more types of magic? Was I even capable of more types of magic? Regardless, it would still be good reading and might be an ice breaker with some of the other family members if they were all sorcerers as I surmised. Examining the bookcase more carefully, it also seemed that Grandpa Randy had all my video games shipped over. The extensive library of game disks was arranged neatly in the bookcase, while the old cartridges were sitting in a bag on the floor nearby.

Left hand wall had a dresser for clothes and a small walk in wall closet, which seemed to have my clothes already in them. Probably was shipped ahead, but I could have just bought cheap clothes and transformed them into what I needed since it was otherwise hard to find clothes that don't combust. I picked up the bag with the cartridges and put them in the closet.

To the left of the window was a basic desk, and it was definitely not what I was looking for in a desk. I waved my hand in a figure eight then pointed my finger at the table, imagining what I wanted it to look like. The table flashed white and rearranged itself into a larger computer table shaped like a C with room for a tower in the right leg, storage in the left leg, a CD rack on the right, and space for an all-in-one printer on the left. The top could act as a shelf for whatever I wanted to put there. The right and left sides of the table had extra room in case I wanted to do some reading without being distracted by the computer screen in the middle or work on a project. But I didn't have a computer yet, and I'd sold my old one since it was old and I planned to replace it anyway. Well that would come in time. There was an outlet by the desk which was good, but I'd probably put a surge protector in it and power strip it like that.

In the middle but off to the left closer to the dresser was a table with chairs in case people came over to my room, which would be likely considering we were going to be living together. I waved my hand in a figure eight and then pointed it at the table and chairs, changing them into a glass table with seven mahogany chairs around it. The eighth chair has turned into an executive style black wheeled computer chair, which I put in the center of the C shaped computer desk which still had no computer.

I then headed over to what passed for the entertainment area. Between the outside wall and bookcase was another one of those square TVs with knobs and a rabbit ears antenna in the corner sitting on a small TV table. There was a red couch opposite the TV in an L shape with a break between it and the bookcase for people to walk in and sit around the TV, but it had seen better days and was falling apart. I waved my hand in a figure eight then pointed to the couch, imagining an image of a large black couch. The couch flashed white and rearranged itself into a good as new L shaped black couch that could comfortably seat six people on it's soft cushions, or two could lie down on each part of the L. I didn't bother with the TV yet since we needed to have service first. That small stand would have to go though.

I waved my hand in a figure eight and pointed at the TV stand, making it flash white and rearrange. I imagined a taller table with room below it for a cable box and a VCR. I didn't need a DVD or Bluray player since my Playstation 2 and 3 could handle that. Below that near the floor was room for multiple game consoles that could be almost artistically put on display. The table had wheels and could be adjusted. There was an outlet near the TV which would be power stripped into ten outlets with another surge protector.

To the left of the entry door was a Full size sofabed which was currently out and open, with a frilly pink theme for sleeping items. I was about to change it, but a guy with a girl body was allowed to have this, and Grandpa Randy had chosen well. This sofabed could act as another couch for three people or one person laying on it.

That seemed to take care of the furniture, and I opened my bag to reach into the right side compartment. My hand went all the way in. In fact this bag had been personally charmed by Fredrick to have this one compartment that was much larger than the bag appeared. From the bag I produced my Playstation 3, WiiU, Wii, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, and classic Sega Genesis. Then their peripherals like controllers as well. I also pulled out my phone charger, my 10" Android tablet, and it's charger. Since I didn't use it much for a while, the battery on it had died and I plugged it in to charge. The SNES, N64 and Sega Genesis were each in a plastic cube with all wires and controllers neatly arranged inside. These three systems I no longer played, but I wanted to put them on display by the others anyway. Their cartridges were in the closet, so I could still play them if I wanted to. I arranged the systems neatly in the TV stand but didn't connect them yet since I still needed a good TV that could support them.

Next I popped open my big bag of rice and measured out the amount I needed. Putting five handfuls in a pile on the floor, I waved my hand in a figure eight and then pointed at the rice. The rice glowed white and rearranged itself into a VCR and two surge protectors with ten outlets each. I connected the surge protectors to the two outlets in the room and put the VCR below the TV, right of where the cablebox would go. I couldn't rightfully make one since I didn't want to pay a fine and it wouldn't have service anyway. The house wasn't even wired for cable, and that would be a nuisance.

After that I measured out a larger pile of rice for the computer monitor. I didn't want to strain myself, so a 22" was all I needed. I waved my hand in a figure eight and then pointed to the rice, which glowed white and transformed into a 22" flat panel Samsung computer monitor. I carried it over to the computer desk and put it in the middle where it should be. I didn't connect it to power yet because that would be useless at this point. I would need to make a computer still, and that would take a while or I'd run out of rice and would need to buy some. Heck, at least we had power. Grandpa Randy was probably paying for it or something. I'd worry about the computer tomorrow.

Finally it was time to do something about that atrocious TV. I waved my hand in a figure eight then pointed at the TV, making it glow and rearrange into a flat panel LCD Samsung 50" TV with all the bells and whistles of a fancy smart TV. The thing even had WiFi and a USB port. The remote appeared nearby on the stand as well as a side effect of the TV changing and rearranging itself. I connected my game systems and VCR to it, and plugged it all in. Well, that was it for now but I had to do something about the TV in the living room as well. I quickly ran off to transform that one as well.

Heading over to the TV, I waved my hand in a figure eight then pointed at the atrocious box TV. It glowed white and rearranged itself into the same one I had just made in my room, with the remote appearing nearby on the stand. The others would probably thank me if they even cared enough to watch TV. The thing still wouldn't get any channels until we had service, though. Satisfied with that, I went back in my room to make a call.

I pulled out my phone to call up the 1800 number for Cablevision. A short phone call with them told me that I should have called Comcast. After about an hour on the phone I negotiated a good deal for Cable TV and High Speed Internet for the Grimm Family Manor, billed to me. The cable company would send a van over to have a team wire the house and set up service in the morning, and it would take about six hours. If anybody else wanted TV in their room they'd have to let these people know when they showed up, but for now the deal was for a box and cable modem in my room, with a second box in the living room. They'd ask for me specifically when they showed up, which suited me just fine.

With that done I laid back in bed and cuddled with Sally to admire my handiwork. I'd probably fall asleep soon and change into my underwear for bed. That or play a video game. It was a bit early for bed still, even after the long flight.

Attachments

• Cathysbag.jpg
    Cathysbag.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Joey Estavez
4:00-4:20pm Saturday

Joey had already eaten a quick snack, loaded the dishwasher, and started to make his way around the neighborhood. He began as always, checking out the usual things he has found around the neighborhood and checks almost daily. Unfortunately, there was nothing new at the large ant-hill, and the usually arguing couple were at peace today, so Joey started making his way farther into the neighborhood than usual.

As always, he had let Cujo off of his leash, and the large pitbull followed him loyaly wherever he went. Most people, seeing the big dog being led by a small child, discreetly crossed to the opposite side of the street. Joey payed them no mind. He had finally thought of something to do! He would go and check out the big abandoned house down the block. He hadn't been there in a while.

However, as he approached, he saw there were people moving in. Lots of people, by the looks of it. He quickly jumped behind a nearby bush, so he could watch them without being seen. Cujo followed calmly, just waiting for his master to tell him he could play with them.

While Joey was hidden from the view of anyone in front of the house, he was still in plain sight from all other directions. He followed the line of bushes until he was in the Grimm's backyard. He tried to go in through the back door, but the door was locked. Joey strecthed, trying to look inside the small window on the back door. He wanted to see if they had changed anything on the inside.

Cujo, on the other hand, wasn't content to sit around. While Joey was busy, the friendly pitbull walked to the Grimm's front yard, sniffing at all the new scents. He was especially interested in Lenore's coffin

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Bron: Allister did introduce himself, and he’d already gone inside as well.

Edgar Grimm
4:25 pm, Saturday

Edgar followed his sister quietly down the stairs, luckily this place had both a spiral staircase and a regular staircase, because it would be hard work to get Lenore’s coffin up the spiral staircase. They headed across the living room, where the cat girl was doing something to the TV with magic. Edgar’s eyes lingered on the transformation for a moment, it looked like a shiny theater screen. Well, that might be nice.

Outside only their ‘cousin’ remained, and there was the distinctive scent of a dog. Edgar soon spotted it, a rather large dog, sniffing at Lenore’s coffin. Lenore went right up to the dog, though it seemed a little nervous to let her pet it, probably because of her vampire smell. Edgar, on the other hand felt tense just seeing the dog and hesitated. He didn’t always get on that well with dogs.

Lenore who had given up on petting the dog looked over at him, gesturing with her hand, “Well come on.”

Edgar stepped slowly closer, feeling the growl in his own throat. His fingertips itched, his nails ready to extend if he had to fight. He never knew how a dog was going to react to his wolf-like scent.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Vamp: Ridley was still outisde. Maybe bron meant him.

Ridley Duchannes Grimm
Neighbourhood, Grimm manor
4:25-4:30 PM

Ridley's greet appeared to have been met With sceptisism, as no one really asked him who he was. After him, a very classy man named Allister had appeared, and soon after, he had disappeared into the house, which also the others eventually did. Ridley stayed outside for a little while, thinking of the note he had been given from his reative Randy. Didn't it say that his room was at the second floor, in the corner of the house, pointing towards the main entrance. After he went inside the house himself, he was impressed With how well furnished it was. There was a lot of Space, and the Furniture, at least in the main living room, looked hugely expensive, just like the Tv. Ridley did not really know much about Tv's, as he only had one of those ancient boxes back in the old country, and he never realy bothered using it, but he was pretty sure the rabbit-ear shaped antennas wasn't necessary, as the Tv in itself was pretty massive.

Walking up the stairs, Ridley found himself in a large hallway. He went over to the corner of the house he was instructed to, and saw a note With the name "Ridley Duchannes Grimm" on the door. He heard some faint sounds inside, and entered. Inside, Broomhilda was already sweeping over the floor, getting rid of all dust, which made the air really dusty and difficult to Breathe in. As he entered, the broom immideatly stopped, and went into a corner, looking as ashamed as a broom could. The room in itself was pretty decent. A big double bed was placed neatly up against the wall, With a wiev towards the big Windows. There was a walk-in closet there With shelves etc. for Ridleys clothing, and a big Bookshelf covered the oposite wall.

Introductions can wait. I'm beat!, Ridley thought as he collapsed on his bed.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
OOC: so sorry I haven't been able to post yet, one post for Halty, coooooooming up!

Halt Gao
Neighborhood, through the Grimm Household
4:25 PM, Saturday

"Hey, watch it!" snapped an irratable Japanese worker as a small boy on blue skates rushed by, skating towards the nearby university. The boy slid to a halt via a short turn, and trotted to the man. The boy pulled down his black hood to reveal his small blue eyed face, and grinned, showing white teeth despite a tiny shade of yellow between them. His hair, however, looked a little mangy, missing a few patches. THe worker turned to the store display, to make sure the reflection was showing the same thing.

"I'm sorry about that sir, I was going to be late for work, but I can spare a moment to apologize" Halt Gao, the boy, chimed in his slightly higher pitched clear and calm voice. He beamed a smile again, and the worker calmed down. Halt was about to keep roller skating to his work place, when the window display caught his eye. It was a long katana, about three feet long,with a gentle bend in the blade. Several fruit hung above it, and fruit lay all around it, none with so much as a dent in them. The sheen on the blade had a slight azure touch, and the cross guard was in the shape of a flower blossem. The hilt was black thread wrapped, including gold thread diamonds along the sides, and a short tassel on the end. "It's gorgeous..." Halt purred.

"That? Like it? It's called The Blade of the Azure Dragon. Masamune made." theworker replied, grinning at the interest in the boy. He could think of a few ways to sell the blade. "It won't cut anythign though, so it's on sale for $2,160"

Halt choked. "I don't have that money!"

"Then get lost!" Halt couldn't do much, and nodded before zooming off in his skates. He was going to be late, unless....he took a shapr right, and started to skate for the high brow expensive side of living.

"I hate this place...I feel so out of place..." he muttered, and zoomed down a street...right bad into a pole. *WANG* went the pole as the small 5'2" boy rammed headfirst into it, followed by his torso, then his testes. "OW!" he shouted in pain at a high pitch. He fell onto his butt, and held his precious tiny testes as he waited for the pain to eb away. He looked to his left, and jumped again. He was right i front of the most gothic house he had ever seen. The poeple were in gothic designs too, or at least the pale pale lady out in the front. He managed to stand up gingerly, and looked around. He shifted his feet, an odd vibe forming in his gut about the lady and the house. "E-excuse me?" he calls to the woman "Are you new in town miss?"

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Kanima: like Bron said in the Discussion Thread, his post has been edited since then.

Grass: I’m assuming Joey and Summer know each other, since he comes to her neighborhood occasionally, and she’d love Cujo, so hopefully that’s fine with you.

Lenore Grimm
4:27 pm, Saturday

Lenore saw Ridley heading into the house out of the corner of her eye as she tried to encourage her brother to hurry up, though he was still staring at the dog.

She turned away though upon hearing and almost comical clank, to see a poor teenage boy seated in front of a pole, and in considerable pain as he clutched the family jewels. He stared at the house while he recovered his senses, soon getting up and asking, "E-excuse me? Are you new in town miss?"

“Why yes, we are,” chimed Lenore, “I take it you must live around here? Are you alright by the way?”

Summer Finnegan
Neighborhood, Finnegan House

Summer tossed another beanbag at the target she’d gotten out of the shed. It hit the board close to the center target, then slid off into the grass. The game was better with two people, but she hadn’t seen any of her friends around, so she was just practicing.

Another beanbag, this one hit just above the center target and slid it. Yes! That was a score in her book.

Waump! A loud noise came from down the street, where the strange people were moving into the old house. The pale lady was talking to a skater who seemed to have hurt himself. A big dog was standing on their walk now too. Wait! That was Cujo, Joey’s pitbull. At least she thought it was Cujo, she didn’t see Joey anywhere.

Summer dropped her last beanbag and ran onto the sidewalk and headed over to the house to see what was going on. She called sweetly to the dog, “Cujo, Cujo! Com’ere boy! Where’s Joey? Hun, boy?”

Last edited:

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Cathy Katherine
4:25 pm, Saturday

I spent a little while lounging in bed just relaxing and admiring my new room, which was more or less livable now. I found that Sally had moved over to the window and was looking out. I heard a loud thump but couldn't see it. Probably outside. On the other hand, Sally had a great view of it and decided to tell me. She was laughing so hard she fell off the windowsill. It sounded half like human laughs and half like meows. "Oh god, Cathy you gotta come see this." She jumped back onto the windowsill.

I sat up and stretched. "What happened?" I asked her, walking over to the window.

"That." She said pointing with a paw and starting to laugh again. "A kid on roller blades just ran into a metal telephone pole, hard. Like in a cartoon. Hurt himself between his legs." Now she was pawing at the window to point, and I looked out to see that Lenore was helping him.

"I don't miss having those one bit, although having a kid I hear is a lot worse than getting hit down there." I moved to open the window. The window was like a couple feet off the ground and I could just go outside through it. "Now remember Sally, no talking." She nodded to me with a regular cat meow that she would behave like a normal cat.

I unlocked the window and crawled out on all fours. Well threes. I'd picked up Sally in my right hand then put her on her favorite place on my right shoulder. I then closed the window and walked over. I recognized the kid immediately. He had been at the college library when I was checking the place out last month for when I would transfer there. Would he remember me?

I bent down a little to look him over for bruises, and couldn't help it being a bit provocatively with my bouncy chest millimeters from his face. Although he wasn't that much shorter than me. Sally rebalanced on my shoulder, but otherwise stayed silent. "Hey, are you okay? I don't actually start classes until Monday, but you work at the library of the college I'll be attending, right?" I asked sweetly with a smile at him, happy I had finally recognized somebody in this place. Never learned his name, but it was a start. "I'm Cathy by the way, but you can call me Cat-chan. I never got your name, though." I quickly added, since we were never properly introduced.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Gao
Outside the Grimm Mansion

The pale lady was kind enough to anwser his question, as well as ask if he was okay. "I'm okay miss...." Halt anwsered a little pained. He stands up shaikly, but ends up falling back down due to his skates. He grumbles, and looks down to rub his bum a bit to dull the bruise on his ego and bum.

"Hey, are you okay? I don't actually start classes until Monday, but you work at the library of the college I'll be attending, right?" same a sweet sounding voice right above Halt. He was a little startled, but didn't mind that. He was about to respond when he lifted his head and saw the woman talking to him. Or more importantly, the pair of large bouncy chests in her face. He blushed as bright as a tomato, and lept up shoving the hood over his eyes, and standing just about right to avoid direct looking at the woman. She was way too perfect and curvy for his taste at the moemnt, though she was rather cute. "I'm Cathy by the way, but you can call me Cat-chan. I never got your name, though." she quickly added, since they were never properly introduced. Halt gets even more blushy.

"W-wait! I-I just met you, I shouldn'd be calling you chan!" he exclaimed, blushing and hiding his face within the confines of his blue helmet for a few seconds, before the blood proceeded to fuel his brain. "Oh...wait...I'm sorry. I'm Halt, though...I guess Halty-san would work. Would Cat-Senpai work for you, miss?" he asks, a little worriedly. He manages to lift his helmet back again to gives the woman a small smile as well as a little wink from his electric blue eyes. "I do work at the library, but I'm honestly just a little librarain"

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Ridley Duchannes Grimm
Neighbourhood, Grimm Manor
4:28 PM

Not being tired enough to actually fall asleep, Ridley decided that he should perhaps try to find some of his Family members and learn a little about them. He stood up, and decided to change into a more comfortable outfit. He entered the walk-in closet and found a white shirt of silk which he un-buttoned at top, With a black jacket With frilled sleeves. He took a look in the big Mirror on the door and tried to fix his white hair which ruined itself as he was laying on the bed. Seeing as his glowing yellow eyes might appear intimidating, he put on a pair of dark shades in an attempt to hide it, not really knowing wether it worked or not, and exited his room.

Walking in the same direction as he entered, he once again found himself at the main entrance. It appeared his pale relative had encountered a recident from the neighbourhood who apparently had crashed into a pole. As Ridley stood observing for a few more moments, deciding wether to join in or not, the cat-girl from earlier had appeared, and practically jumped him, looking for bruises or anything. "W-wait! I-I just met you, I shouldn'd be calling you chan!" Ridley heard the boy say as he came closer. This was a good moment for him to try interact With the neighbours and his Family. And the Cat girl, for she does not look like any other relative Ridley had ever encountered.
"Oh...wait...I'm sorry. I'm Halt, though...I guess Halty-san would work. Would Cat-Senpai work for you, miss?" the boy who apparently was named Halt said. And, was he talking about Japanese? That's odd. "I do work at the library, but I'm honestly just a little librarain" Halt then continued. Ridley took this oppurtunity to appear, and entered, seemingly from nowhere. "Aah, the local librarian. What a pleasure to meet you. Cathy, please stop teasing this poor Young man." He then said, seeing as the Halt-boy obviously was distracted by Cathy's overly attractive looks.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Allister Redmayne Grimm
Neighbourhood, Grimm Manor
4:30 PM

Allister propped a leather-bound tome against the railing and balanced his parasol against his shoulder. Tapping the tip of his fountain pen to his tongue, he flipped open to the first blank page of the book and scribbled a quick note.

Dearest Mother,
Have arrived safely in the New World. Ran into little trouble along the way. Thought I spied five/six d. over the Rocky Mountains, perhaps light weights or maybe middle. Plane was v. high, hard to tell. Will look into matter. Certainly not heavy class, should have no cause to worry. Met a. Lenore & u. Edgar, seem pleasant enough. Two others, names I didn't catch quite. Rather mixed bag. Quarters are satisfactory, though sun is v. bright & v. hot here. Fortunately g. Randall provided thick curtains. Shall pass along more news as it comes. Send the a.s my love.
Your ever devoted son,
Allister

The incubus blew on the ink to dry it and closed the book, the red ruby inset in the cover pulsing with a dull light for an instant. He tucked the tome under his arm and looked down at the scene unfolding in the yard below. Some silly little boy had run into a post, and his other relations were crowding around him. The boy didn't seem hurt, or at least nothing much but his pride. There was little Allister could do in the situation, nor did he care to involve himself. That said, those other two were standing very close, and the poor boy looked rather flustered. Allister stuck two fingers in his mouth and blew out a sharp whistle. "You two, back off a mite! Give the poor dear a little air."

He folded his parasol up and placed it just inside the doorway to the balcony and wandered out into the corridor, stretching his arms up above his head. He knew he probably should rest to dispel the worst of the jetlag, but the bed in his room wasn't made and he wasn't about to sleep on a bare mattress if there were better accommodations to be found. A little exploration around this manor couldn't hurt, and certainly there must be a luxurious divan or plush couch for him to sprawl out on in the sprawling complex of rooms.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lenore Grimm
4:35 pm, Saturday

The teen commented that he was okay, then fell back down on his rear. Lenore couldn’t help but feel bad for him.

Lenore focused on the teenager, and slightly distracted by the girl calling the dog didn’t notice Cathy crawling out of the window with her cat. But she soon moved into view inspecting the teenager for injuries, and introducing herself. A slightly embarrassed exchange between the two of them followed.

Lenore smiled to herself, glad Cathy was making friends.

Ridley joined them, and seemed to have a different take on their exchange, scolding Cathy for teasing Halt.

A whistle broke through the air, looking back at the house Lenore saw Allister on one of the balconies with a parasol. He had his own take on the situation, telling them to give the boy some air. He then retreated back inside.

Maybe Allister was right, Lenore decided, the boy did seem a bit overwhelmed with the three of them. She turned and headed back to the hearse, leaving him to Cathy and Ridley. Edgar met her, looking relived that the girl had distracted the dog.

They secured the lid, leaving the bunny inside, and edged the coffin out of the vehicle. It was a little heavy, but nothing they couldn’t handle. Even if it had been too much, Edgar probably knew of a potion that would solve that. Once they had it out, it was easier to carry anyways.

They took it up the front steps and into the house, then carried it up the back staircase as it would be easier to maneuver than the spiral staircase.

In her room they placed in on the iron bier. It was a comfortable feeling, having it in place. The coffin’s ebony colored stain was almost as dark as the wrought iron stand. She opened the lid and looked at Chuckles’ dark form laying in contrast, on the ornate pink and white lining. There was even a little pink death pillow with white lace to match. She reached in and pulled out the cute critter.

Last edited: