• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Grimm Life (PG-13) RPG

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Edgar Grimm
Neighborhood, Grimm Manor - Edgar’s Room, Balcony
10:25 pm, Saturday

Still slightly dazed, Edgar listened to Cathy’s reply, “Thank you Edgar. I knew you were the right person to ask. Let's make sure that the work on the cage isn't done at the same time as the Comcast setup. They're supposed to show up at 9 am tomorrow to wire the house. If you want TV in yours or your sister's rooms be sure to tell them.”

A TV? In his room?

He nodded attentively as the cat chimed in, “Yes, thank you Edgar. I don't much fancy being a vampire cat. Regular cat is fine for me. Please let me know when you find something, and you can also search Cathy's library if you need to. Half of it is spellbooks and half of it is games.”

He didn’t think he’d find anything in Cathy’s books that she hadn’t, but it wasn’t of much concern to him. He could have books shipped in from the Old Country if he needed to.

“Speaking of games, I think I'll go play some then sleep afterwards.” added Cathy, “Thanks again. Please get back to me soon, and let me know if you need help with anything. I'll also check with Ridley tomorrow to see if he knows anything.”

“Alright, goodnight,” agreed Edgar as she started off through his room. He didn’t figure the cage set-up would be at the same time if he wasn’t even going to call until tomorrow. For some strange reason the US branches of Grimm Steel didn’t operate at night.

He couldn’t do anything about that right now, but he could start looking for a potion. He stepped back in and walked over to his bookshelf and pulled of a few likely looking books, Powerful Potions and Elite Elixirs, Spells Potions Incantations Divinations Enchantments and Rituals, and Potions of the Ancients.

He struck a match and lit a couple candles, then cracked open the first book.

Lenore Grimm
Commercial Neighborhood, Club, Street
10:40 pm, Saturday

Lenore edged her was around the room, attracting glances. She stopped upon finding a guy in shoes that didn’t quite fit. His clothes and slicked hair suggested cool, but it was obviously forced, those were office shoes.

“Hi,” shouted Lenore over the din of the music. She could see the surprise, and slight fear in his eyes, though he tried to reply like he did this all the time, “Hey.”

“Want to dance?” she suggested. He hesitated, then nodded like it was all he could do to reply. She yanked him out on the dance floor. Man, this music was awful, and way too loud. Not to mention the dancing was chaotic at best. Lenore put on a charming smile and faked her way through it.

After a couple songs, when she could see she had clearly charmed him, Lenore pulled him aside and led him out into the alley between the club and the next building. The music drown out his screams.

Lenore walked out of the alley a few moments later, wiping the blood from her mouth. Her victim would be fine after some rest.

She walked quickly away, spotting Allister a few moments later. She dashed up to him, “Hey Allister. Well, I’ve had enough, you ready to go?”

(Whoever wants to post next can probably go ahead and skip to morning, say around 7 am…)

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
OOC: Sorry that its a little short. Not much room for exposition when a kid wakes up.

Joey Estavez
Estavez Household
7:12 AM

Joey awoke with a start, like most children do. Imediatly fully awake, he hopped out of bed and ran to the kitchen. He knew his favorite saturday morning cartoons started at 7:30, and he wasn't about to miss it. It was really the only time of the week Joey watched tv on his own.

Grabbing a bowl of cereal, he plopped down in front of the tv and tuned in to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, one of his favorites.
Cujo was still outside, sleeping inside his doghouse. Cujo was allowed indoors, but only when Joey's dad was awake. Speaking of which, Joey's father was fast asleep, so much so that Joey usually never tried to wake him up. On saturday's, Joey's father got to have a few extra hours of sleep before having to go into work.

Having temporarily forgotten the large house that may or may not be haunted, Joey giggled as he watched television. Outside, Cujo jerked awake, likely at the sound of some small animal wandering around the yard. The watchful dog imediately charged the fence, only to run to the end of his chain jarringly. Cujo shook off the shock and sniffed around. Oddly enough, Cujo smelled something odd. He had smelled it yesterday, at the odd house. It was like dog, but also like man. A man-dog, or dog-man. Either way, Cujo was curious to find the source of the smell.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
(Sorry guys, gotta fast forward cause Cathy doesn't wake up until now)

Cathy Katherine
Neighborhood, Grimm Manor
8:30 am, Sunday

I stirred awake as the alarm rang and I turned it off, apparently having fallen asleep in my bed and set it. I didn't remember doing either of those things. Maybe dragging myself to bed after gaming, but definitely not setting the alarm. Sally had woken up too, and was stretching nearby in the bed. "In case you're wondering, I set the alarm for you with my paws. It was hard." Said Sally as she sighed, still not really woken up.

"I believe you. Let's get ready for the people from Comcast showing up, I guess." I got up and looked at myself. Still in the nightgown. I could just change it into my regular clothes, but I'd rather not lose the nightgown or have to change it back later.

How did I not notice it before? There was a full size bathroom in the back of my closet! How convenient. I cleaned up and changed into my usual clothes, then headed off to wait for the cable people downstairs. Sally was on my right shoulder as usual.

~*~*~

I'd almost fallen asleep on the couch for about 15 minutes in front of the non working TV when I heard the loud old fashioned Ding Dong of the bell at 9am. Sally was on my lap and jumped off when I got up, moving back up to my shoulder. They sure were punctual. It looked like nobody was up yet, so it was up to me. That suited me just fine. I opened the door to let the Comcast people in.

"Hello, are you Cathy Katherine? We have a request here to wire this old house for cable TV and internet." Asked the plump gentleman, looking me over and licking his lips. I sighed at that. Pheromone effect already starting up a little, or maybe he was genuinely interested.

"Yup, that's me." I nodded as he looked me over again. "I'm Cathy, and this is Sally." Sally meowed like a normal cat.

"Hmm, yes. So you are." Said the tall and muscular man. He was also looking me over. "So, how many TVs and where do you want the modem?" He asked me, already starting to take measurements with his eyes.

"Two to start. One here in the living room....." I pointed to the one in front of the couch. "........and one in my room, which is also where the modem will be." I said as I started to head over to my room down the small hallway. The two men followed and I let them in.

"Right then, we'll start bringing in cable to wire the house for you and whoever else lives here. As you were told on the phone, if anybody else wants TV in their room, they'll have to tell us before we leave so we can run the wires to other rooms. Might be a good idea to wire the other rooms anyway in case you want TV there later." he continued as they continued taking measurements of the house.

"Yes I know, and I told my relatives already. They should be up soon. I don't know if it would be a good idea to just wire the other rooms without asking my relatives first. I think you should ask first." They nodded and got to work as I signed and relaxed on the couch to let the two men get to work. They carried in ladders, lots of cable wire, and tools from the Comcast truck no doubt parked outside. The sounds of work didn't let me sleep, but I could still close my eyes and pretend.

Last edited:

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
Halt Gao
Gao home, rundown
8:30 am

*CRACK*

The stack of wood planks shattered into shrapnel as the end of the long flexible oak wood slammed down into it from the force of the blow. Almost as quickly, the end shot up into the air, and spun around to the weilder's right side, before the second hand grasped the bowstaff, and helped swing it to the left, shattering a hanging pot. THe staff continued to above his head, spinning around in a circle, before he swung to the left as he spun with the staff, stricking another hanging pot. Halt let out a slow calm breath, and stopped the small stopwatch hanging from his neck against his thin chest. "20 seconds...I'm slowing down..." he said softly, and panted. While it was still fairly early in the morning and it had not started to heat into afternoon blazes, Halt had come from Maine, and liked a colder climate. His short clung to his sweaty legs, and he stood at attention, the staff in position to his right. He took a slow breath in, and a slow breath out through his nose. "Okay...three hours of staff...complete..." he muttred softly to himself, and leanded the bowstaff against a small tree. His 'backyard' if you call it that was nothing more than 25 square feet of fenced enclosure. Being a librarian didn't get enough cash for anything better. Halt laid down on the grass, and looked up at the clouds.

"....a cat would be nice..." he said to himself, smiling a little. "Nate always liked dogs, but wolves would be too frietening...but then again, Russain foxes are bred speccically to be more domesticated...it would be hard to care for one...insanely hard....but....maybe it would be kinda nice to have someone happy to see me...a kit would be simply adorable..." Halt began to fantisize in his runner high mental state of exertion. A small silver fox kit, running to the door, hearing his skates, leaping onto his legs and crawling up, to give his or her dad a wet cleaning on his nose, and to curl up with him in bed, on his chest or in his sweatshirt. He could even read to the kit, giggling as it would nibble his fingers. Halt sighed happily at the very far off possibilites. He closed his eyes for a few minutes, and rolled onto his stomach to stand up. The day hadn't started yet.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Allister Redmayne Grimm
Grimm Manor
9:15 am, Sunday

Allister groaned and threw his right arm over his eyes. His left made vague sweeping motions at the open curtains, hoping in vain that he had somehow developed a few new magical powers, namely his mother's ability to have household implements do her bidding. Unfortunately, it was not to be. The incubus resolved that he would brave the early morning sunlight streaming through his window because he didn't have it in him to roll out of bed. The languor that he felt every time after he fed had hit him hard this go around, and if he had the luxury, he would lie in bed all day just because.

Then he heard boots tromping around downstairs.

Allister muttered a series of oaths, growing more and more profane as he glided down the stairs of the manor in nothing but a pair of nylon running shorts. He rounded a corner and nearly walked into a tall man in workman's clothes. "You," he said, blinking sleep and surprise from his eyes. "You are in my house." He had been drowsy in the hearse going home last night, but he was sure he would have remembered if Aunt Lenore had brought anyone home. Wouldn't he? And besides, Aunt Lenore struck him as too proper to be a slave to base impulses, like he was.

"Yeah, installing the TVs."

"Must you be so loud?"

"Sorry buddy. Comes with the trade."

"Quite. Well." Allister stifled another yawn. "I suppose I shant be sleeping anymore. Good day then, carry on as you were."

"Yeah. Sure, buddy."

Allister wandered towards the front of the house, stretching out his arms and legs as he did so. He glimpsed Cathy reclining on a sofa in the parlor. She was pretending to sleep, but Allister had a lot of experience observing his various lovers asleep, and faking sleep to avoid the attentions of other bed companions, to know an act when he saw one. Her breathing came to rapidly, and her eyes fluttered behind her lids in a way quite unlike they would in REM sleep. "Oy, Cathy," he barked, knowing that even had she really been sleeping, she couldn't have slept through that. "I'm off for a run, in case Lenore or Edgar ask." He spun on his heel and walked out of the foyer and into the sunlight, blinking.

The day was still young enough for the light not to cause him much discomfort, and he judged he would have roughly an hour and a half before it did. "So then, five miles perhaps?" he mused aloud as he laced up his new sneakers. "That will leave me plenty of time. Perhaps I'll find a park." And so he took off down the front walk, his legs striking the pavement rhythmically.

Claudia Johansen
Apartment
9:15 am, Sunday

The young woman waved her hand vaguely, shooing off the unwelcome incursion. "Pancake, get off."

Her tabby cat meowed again and continued to paw at her. Claudia groaned and swung out of bed. "Fine, fine, I'll get your breakfast." She tried to stand up and wavered, quickly stabilizing herself against the bedpost. Without looking, she picked up the bottle of Advil from her bedside table and popped two pills into her mouth. She looked for something to wash them down with, her gaze falling on the bottle of cheap wine she had needed to soothe her nerves and get to sleep last night. There was still half of its contents left. Nope, she thought. Oughta act like a responsible grown up. She made her way into the kitchen and cupped her hands under the faucet, swallowing the pills with a gulp. She poured herself a bowl of cereal and swung out of her window and onto the fire escape.

As she ate and nursed her headache, she tried to run over what she remembered about the night before. The strange man who could move too far and too fast, and the woman in black that just appeared out of nowhere. Not to mention that he had made fire with a wave of his hand. No, but that was impossible. He could have just been a gymnast or athlete or something. And maybe he had a lighter, he just happened to flick it at an inopportune time. But that didn't explain the woman in black turning into mist, and appearing before her. It had been a clear night, no way she could have imagined it. And the way the two of them talked about magic... like it was real. But that was preposterous.

A meow from inside drew her out of her thoughts. "Oh, damn it Pancake, I'm getting to it." Claudia swung back inside and opened up a can of cat food, dumping it into Pancake's bowl. As her cat ate, Claudia sat down at the dining room table and drained the milk from her cereal bowl. Then she stood up and crossed to the half-finished painting on her drawing table. As she prepared her paints and brushes, her thoughts turned once more to the bizarre family. The logical part of her mind told her to avoid the old creepy manor from now on, but a small yet vocal part of her had its curiosity piqued. Despite herself, she wanted to know more about them.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Anyone who needs to back-up time a bit to when their character would have gotten up, is welcome to do so. Just make sure you RP up to the current time.)

Lenore Grimm
Commercial Neighborhood, Club, Street
8:35 am, to 9:20 am, Sunday

Lenore’s coffin opened up. A pair of pale hands tossed a black rabbit out of the coffin, who begin to hop around the room contently.

The disheveled looking vampiress sat up in her coffin. There was an awful lot of stomping going on, and a fidgety rabbit didn’t help. The beautiful view of the moon through her open curtains was gone, replaced with the hideous Californian sun. Lenore hissed and crawled out of her coffin.

She clawed at the curtains, shutting them as quickly as possible. Lenore made her way into the bathroom, she’d needed to brush her teeth and make sure there wasn’t any blood left on her face. After that she yanked open her wardrobe and picked out an outfit. Something simple for a lazy Sunday. She got out some black stockings, a ruffled red mini skirt and a matching blouse with 3/4 sleeves. She checked her outfit in the mirror and added a black plastic fashion watch and some red boots.

She sat down at the vanity to sort out her hair. She wasn’t planning to dress up too much, but she felt like a hair decoration would go nicely with this outfit. She pulled open her drawer and looked at the pile of ribbons. Lots were black or red which would match nicely, though she already had a lot of red on. She selected a couple smaller black ribbons and pinned the left one onto the left side of her head.

She was interrupted by a knock at the door. Lenore got up, satisfied that she looked presentable enough and answered the door, “Hello?”

“Oh… excuse me miss,” answered a man in coveralls, blushing a bit, “Miss Katherine has asked us to wire the house for TV and Internet. Did you want us to set up you room for a TV connection?”

Lenore’s smile beamed, a TV in her room? Oh, what fun! Especially if she had someone over. Lenore replied excitedly, “Oh yes, I would like that very much!”

The man smiled shyly, “Alright, I’ll add your room to the list.”

After he left, Lenore, still very excited, clapped her hands and returned to her vanity. She pinned on the other ribbon and put on some cherry-red lipstick. After that she bounded down the stairs.

Edgar Grimm
Neighborhood, Grimm Manor - Edgar’s Room

Edgar snored softly an open copy of Profitable Potions in his hands. The candles on the table next to him had burnt down to nubs and gone out. As someone knocked on the door the book slipped out of his hands and clunked on the floor. Edgar startled awake, “Hun? What?”

He wiped the drool from his face and picked up the book. Another knock on the door. Edgar understood now, someone wanted his attention. He got up, shouting, “I’m coming.”

He set the book on the chair and went over to the door.

“Good morning sir, sorry to disturb you, but Miss Katherine has asked us to wire the house for TV and Internet. Did you want us to set up you room for a TV connection?”

“No, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” replied Edgar flatly thinking of his magical studies and his personal space. The workman nodded, “Alright.”

Edgar shut the door, yawning. He went over his mental to do list. He needed to freshen up, find the US Grimm Steel office number, call the office to get delivery of supplies, and a welder set up for the cage, figure out a cover story for the cage, and he needed to feed Bonnie. Not much to do today.

He pulled open his desk and flipped through his address book, locating the number he’d need to call, then left the book there so that he’d have the number ready for after his shower. One task down, five to go.

Summer Finnegan
Neighborhood, Finnegan House

Summer got up around 7 am. Her parents had already left for the day. She had some sugary cereal and watched cartoons while her grandfather complained about how many pills he had to take, and about how big they were. After that, he dozed off. Summer got herself a second bowl of cereal and watched another hour of cartoons.

After that she felt a bit fidgety and decided to go play outside for a while. Maybe she’d play safari, go watch birds and squirrels. She ran back upstairs and got her plastic pith helmet, binoculars, and bird book. She loved birds, and pretending she was in the jungle made it even more fun.

She wandered around her yard looking for any signs of animal life. While watching a finch, she noticed something funny. A lot of the windows in the old house were drawn with dark curtains. The people that lived there sure were weird.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Cathy Katherine
9:20 am, Sunday

I had opened one eye when Allister left on his walk, just to see him out. We both knew I wasn't asleep with that racket. Trying to sleep sure, but definitely not asleep. About an hour later, Sally was still nearby on the couch, also pretending to nap. Then she moved in front of my face to whisper in my right ear. "I'm hungry. Is there any food in the fridge or should I go hunting for small animals?"

"What's wrong with cat food? I tasted it and it's perfectly fine. Seriously." I took her in my arms and whispered in her left ear as I turned over on my side to look at her. I moved her near my right ear so I could hear her reply.

"It's fine until you've tasted mouse, bird, or people food. Admit it." Taunted Sally at me, whispering back in my ear over the racket of the house wiring. I then moved her ear to my mouth to whisper back.

"I really can't argue with that logic. Go hunting, but don't stray too far from the manor. We can go shopping for cat food and maybe go out for Chinese later today if nothing is going on." Sally nodded just as the tall worker got off the ladder to move to another part of the high wall. I smiled sheepishly while still holding Sally in my arms, then put her down on the couch. She jumped off the couch and ran off out the open manor door to hunt small animals. Around now I noticed Lenore come down to the first floor. I wondered if vampires can hear this far, or if she was even interested. I noticed the tall workman seemed to want to come over.

"Miss Katherine what were you doing with your cat?" Asked the workman, coming over to me. That's all I needed. I frowned at him visibly, sitting up on the couch and crossing my arms below my chest.

"I was looking over her fur for dirt." I quickly lied, not wanting him to find out Sally could talk. "Why? Do you have a problem with that sir?" I asked him, sitting up a little further.

"No, of course not." He looked me over for the first time since they started work. The plump man was bringing in more cable to put up. I could almost guess what was coming: He would ask me out. "I was wondering about your ears and tail." I was wrong. He noticed. "Are you going to some kind of costume party later?"

"Nope, I just like to wear these all the time. You've never heard of my page, have you?" He shook his head. Typical. I only had a couple million fans, and this guy wasn't one of them. I pulled out my phone and pulled up my Facebook page. Then I showed it to him, handing him the phone to look it over.

"Well well." He read the description. "That's something. So you're a cosplay model on Facebook, and you never take off your catgirl costume." He confirmed, stating the obvious.

"That's right. Can I count on you for a Like? I post pictures every couple of days, and take requests. I can find pretty much any costume online, so really nothing is too nuts as long as you don't ask me to strip." Okay, that was half of a lie. I could use my transformation magic to make any costume I needed, but he didn't need to know that. I got my phone back and put it in my pocket.

He stared dreamily at me, starting to get affected by my Pheromones."Of course, and I'll tell everybody I know. I think you're really pretty. Would you like to-" He started to ask it, and I interrupted him.

"No, sorry. I'm busy." I refused before he could finish the request, and lied back down, waving him away with my right hand. "If you'd like to ask me out later, message my page. Or you can come visit after work since you know where I live now. But I gotta warn you though, I don't usually accept date requests." I looked over as the plump man was measuring out cable for the part of the house they were working on. "But shouldn't you get back to work now?"

The tall man nodded and turned away from me, going to lend a hand to his compatriot. I probably would be getting breakfast soon.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Ridley Duchannes Grimm
Dat manor.
9:22 AM - Sunday

Ridley was fighting off the Brocoli Ninjas, but they kept on coming. whatever he did, it did not work. The ninjas kept appearing no matter where he hid himself, and when they first found him, Ridley went all karate Kid on them. Hid hits though, were soft, and didn't deal much damage. Suddenly, the ninjas were gone. There was now silent in the ravaged town. Not even the crying from the babies reached Ridleys ears. Had he won? the People of the small town looked up to him, and they needed him to vanquish all evils that may occour. Ridley had been caught off guard though, when the brocoli ninjas attacked...
The fair princess Geraldine had approached him after it all went silent, wearing nothing but her hamburglar suit. she put her warm arms around him, whispering silently in his ear: "But shouldn't you get back to work now?"

Ridley awoke, finding himself in an odd situation. He couldn't move his arms or legs, or head for that matter. He could not see, but he could somehow hear. He would have panicked, if it wasn't for the odd feeling of being fluffy and soft. Ridley had really no idea what had happened to him after he apparently fell asleep on the couch, but his Guess was that he had transformed into something. This had happened a few times before, whenever he fell asleep while thinking really hard on something of magical origin. As a result, he had now taken the form of some inanimate Object, lying on the couch. For how long he had been there, he did not know, but he did know the spell to Return to his own form quite well. Doing some silent chanting, Ridley suddenly opened his eyes. He was now sitting in one of the Chairs NeXT to the couch in the high Tech. living room. Cathy was laying in the Sofa, looking quite pleased while two male workers were doing something to the Television. Apparently, they did not notice Ridley until after his transformation was done, and he was casualy sitting in the Chair With his legs crossed like a sir.
"My dear Cathy, could you please tell me what time it is?"

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lenore Grimm
Grimm House, Downstairs
9:25 am, Sunday

As Lenore hit the bottom of the dimly lit stairwell she could see through the lower story, into parts of the kitchen and the living room. Men were working in the living room, and Cathy appeared to be sitting on the couch. Being a bit of a social butterfly, she immediately decided that was where she wanted to be.

Lenore crossed the intermediate area between the kitchen and dining room, making her way into the living room. She heard Ridley ask about the time. A worker stared at her as she entered the room. Lenore shot him a questioning look. He smiled shyly, “Oh heh, your bows,” and pointed to the sides of his own head, “I thought you might be some sort of cosplayer too.”

Lenore flashed her charming smile, “I think I could get into cosplay, there’s some great costumes.” She looked around, Cathy was sitting on the couch in skimpy clothes like she’d worn the day before, and Ridley was seated in one of the nearby chairs, looking slightly disheveled.

As the worker went back to his project, Lenore perched herself on the arm of Ridley’s chair, and looked down at him, “Rough night, Cousin? Was your bed too soft?”

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Cathy Katherine
9:25 am, Sunday

Whoa that was sudden. Ridley appeared on a nearby chair, and my feet lowered three inches. Apparently he'd been one of the pillows I was reclining on. Thankfully he wasn't noticed by the workers and asked the time. I checked my phone. "Uh, about half past 9 in the morning." I told him as I put my phone away and turned to Lenore.

"Oh good morning Lenore. I'm not sure if his night was rough, but he did sleep as one of the pillows apparently. So if you think about it, his night was soft as a pillow." I explained with a grin, saying the part about the pillow at a lower volume and trying to not scare the workers. If they did anything odd to scare them away, we wouldn't get our TV setup and I'd have to call Comcast back to make up some BS excuse as to what exactly happened so the work could be finished.

"Oh right, Ridley." I turned to him, still reclining on the couch. "Do you happen to know any spells or potions of eternal life that would work on Sally? There's a couple different ones in my library, not that I can cast or make them of course, but there weren't any that permanently worked on animals. I've asked Edgar too, but I figured I'd ask you as well. Maybe you two could work together? Sally only has a month to live before the life extension spell on her ends and she turns to dust." I explained all of this quietly, trying to keep the supernatural stuff from being heard by the workers. Thankfully they were far enough away down the hall that they wouldn't hear anyway. But I couldn't be too careful. "Oh yea, and another thing. According to the calendar, Thursday is a full moon. That means some rather unpleasant things for me. I uh, can't control my beast form during a full moon. You two know I'm not just a catgirl, right? I'm a werecat too." I looked around kinda nonchalantly, trying to make sure the workers hadn't overheard. I also wasn't sure if I'd mentioned my werecat-ness to them yesterday. A lot had happened. "I've asked Edgar to help me take precautions, and he was really nice about it." I finished explaining with a smile, checking again that the workers hadn't overheard. They hadn't thankfully.