• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The GSC Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should update.

I defeated team rocket at Goldenrod city. (The underground switches aren't hard, it's 3, 2, 1.) And I got through the ice path. I went to the Blackthorn gym, but it wasn't hard, since both Sneasel and Umbreon beat 2 pokemon. My Umbreon is really overleveled and already ready for the E4.

Team:
Umbreon level 55
Moonlight
Faint attack
Take down
Quick attack

Sneasel level 40
Faint attack
Strenght
Quick attack
Agility

Calm PokeMaster

I tried a Flying type Monotype,but a failed miserably at the E4.I don't konw how I am gonna beat the E4 with just a Pidgeot.I get blasted by that darn Aerodactyl.

Any suggestions?

The Mighty Wurmple

It's sorta sad when you sweep through the entire game bar Red with a whole team of Water's under Level 40. o_O;;
Red's the only thing keeping me from beating all the Trainers, all the Gym Leaders have gone down, etc.

At Red, however, I can manage to get his Pikachu down with Quagsire, his Venasaur down with pretty much all my Pokemon, and half his Espeon down with Slowbro. That was with no items though, so idno how well I can do on a full try.

Squeone

i would like to start a new game and try this now... with a normal team for sure... Stantler, Ursaring, Miltank, Snorlax, Blissey, (Porygon2/Kangaskhan?)

Leaf Storm

Goldenrod City
I tried a Flying type Monotype,but a failed miserably at the E4.I don't konw how I am gonna beat the E4 with just a Pidgeot.I get blasted by that darn Aerodactyl.

Any suggestions?

Togetic? Jumpluff? Noctowl? Fearow? Crobat? Gyarados? Xatu? Mantine? Delibird? Yanma?

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
Hey, before i update, i just want to know, as i'm doing a mono ground run, can i catch a Nido and use that as a Nidoking/queen?

reasking this

please answer, i can't get that many ground pokes yet

Sk1pp3r

Nincada <3
well, that sound pretty cool too me, i start now bug team on my crystal game, i got a Ledian lvl 21, Buterrfree lvl 20, im at Goldenrod city, update will come :p

Sk1pp3r

Nincada <3
oh man, bug team realy hard...
i got ;166; lvl 31 ;012; lvl 30, Pinsir lvl 25, and im just befor Metal gym, any ideas how to make it easier?

Sprintking

Ok, so after catching a poliwag and raising it to lvl 10 along with totodile at lvl 12, I took on Falkner. I never thought I'd say this, but extremely easy. Totodile had no problem with pidgey, and one hypnosis followed by about 5 or 6 bubbles was all Frogger needed to beat that freak of nature Pidgeotto.

My Party after the battle:

Torrent- ;158;
lvl 12
Scratch
Leer
Rage

Frogger-;060;
lvl 11
Bubble
Hypnosis

Wow, so for as easy as Falkner was, Bugsy was the complete opposite. Fury Cutter owned me the first two tries, and only after a little leveling I was able to beat him, thanks to a well timed hypnosis that broke up his cutter. My rival ended up being even harder. Gastly and Zubat were no problem, but Bayleef is ridiculously hard when your whole team is weak to a move with a high critical hit ratio(razor leaf). I had to level up my whole team a couple levels, and it took torrent's bite coupled with a few flinches to get me through.

Torrent -;159;
lvl 21
Scratch
Bite
Rage
Water Gun

Frogger -;060;
lvl 18
Bubble
Hypnosis
Water Gun

Kipper -;194;
lvl 14
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Slam

Ricardo -;079;
lvl 12
Curse
Tackle
Growl

Aurum -;118;
lvl 10
Peck
Tail Whip
Supersonic

Last edited:

Venusaur Rules

Venusaur is #1
i completd crystal with Ariados when i bet red it was lvl 90 moves Fury Swipes, Night Shade, Giga Drain and Psychic so does that count or not cuz i am doing too good too restart btw i found a shiny seaking and i dont wanna restart cuz of that aswell

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Um 1 poke all the game is mono challenge xD

Actually a Mono type challenge is when someone uses Pokemon of the same type, like Kingdra/Mantine/Feraligatr/Blastoise/Quagsire as they are all of the Water type. What Venusaur Rules did was a Solo challenge, using one Pokemon for the entire game.

Ice Pokemon Trainer

Ice Pokemon Master
Hi can i join this challenge using only Ice types on Crystal plez

Just mad it to Goldenrod got odd egg along the way hateched it managed to be Smoochum so currently training Smoochum which i nicknamed Ice Pokemon(PkMn) Rok

Pokemon
Ice PkMn Rok/Smoochum lvl 9
Pound
Lick
Dizzy Punch
Sweet Kiss

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.