• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The GSC Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I haven't done a monotype challenge since my fire type challenge on Blue ages ago, so I'm going to start one on my old Gold cartridge now. Since I did fire last time, I'm going to try doing a Grass type challenge this time. It's not gonna be easy I know, but I will update this post periodically with my details. I have chosen a male Chikorita named Chikaree for my starter. Wish me luck! ;152;

UPDATE!

I lied. Chikaree turned out to be female. Seeing as the first two Gym Leaders in GSC are strong against Grass Types, I have had to do a fair amount of level grinding to get Chikaree and Trapp (my Bellsprout) prepared for Falkner. Luckily, since I got Chikaree to evolve and taught Trapp Vine Whip, it made the battle with Falkner relatively easy. Now it's on to catch some more grass types and fight Bugsy!

Team so far:

Chikaree (Bayleef, f) --- Level 17 ;153;
Trapp (Bellsprout, m ) --- Level 13 ;069;

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had to capture a Pokemon that could learn Surf, but I figured that it was all right as long as I only used it for transportation and not for battle. I Surfed south from Olivine City to Cianwood City and I battled the trainers along the way. Since my team consisted of Fire-type Pokemon, I had a tough time against them. I rushed to Cianwood City and I healed at the Pokemon Center once I arrived. I then headed on over to the pharmacy and I obtained the SecretPotion for Jasmine's Ampharos. I wandered around town a bit and I met Eusine north of the town. I battled him and then I headed for the Cianwood City Gym. I battled a couple of the Gym trainers and then I healed at the Pokemon Center. I went deeper into the Gym and I got to Chuck's place. I saved there before challenging him.

My current team:

;156; - Lv. 33 Quilava
;058; - Lv. 30 Growlithe
;240; - Lv. 27 Magby

celebimasters_93

I haven't done a monotype challenge in a while so i will do a monotype challenge with my newly aquired gold version. my team will be of the almighty poison type my team will consist of the following:

Haunter
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Victrebel
muk
weezing

i will update when i make good progress

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally got to Chuck's place and I challenged him. He sent out his Primeape first and I was ready to fight it with Growlithe. Sadly, Growlithe wasn't able to take it down by itself so I had to switch to Magby. I barely managed to defeat Chuck's Primeape and then I had to swap out to Quilava to counter Chuck's Poliwrath. Long story short, it was a tough battle and I had to swap and heal several times to defeat it. I managed to defeat Chuck at long last and I got the Storm Badge from him as well as a TM for a Fighting-type move. I left the Gym and got the HM for Fly from Chuck's wife outside. I quickly healed at the Pokemon Center and I returned to Olivine City after that. I spent hours grinding north of Olivine City and then I headed for the Glitter Lighthouse. I saved there.

My current team:

;156; - Lv. 35 Quilava
;058; - Lv. 32 Growlithe
;126; - Lv. 30 Magmar

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.