• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The GSC Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelesti

dancing queen
Oh, wow. I started a Crystal Water mono challenge A WHILE ago, and got around to beat the Elite Four a few days ago; now I'm in Kanto and have beaten Erika, Misty, Lt. Surge, and Brock. I'm onto Sabrina next.

My team so far:

Quagsire Lv. 44: Protect, Amnesia, Earthquake, & Surf.
Corsola Lv. 45: Ancient Power, Surf, Recover, & Mirror Coat.
Gyarados Lv. 44: Dragonbreath, Bite, Dragon Rage, & Surf.
Starmie Lv. 47: Light Screen, Surf, Psychic, & Recover.
Feraligatr Lv. 50: Icy Wind, Slash, Fury Cutter, & Surf.

/fail

Larry

Alright I have now made my way all the way to Olivine and got the good rod. I am now in New Bark Town Searching for Chinchou.
Slowpoke 29
Curse
Headbutt
Surf
Confusion

Feraligatr
Bite
Scratch
Ice Punch
Surf

Blazamane

Slow Match Master
Hah brilliant idea - Rock type for me \,,/

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
I think I'll do a Normal type challenge, since I love normal types~ I'll be doing it in Crystal, so I think all of these Pokemon will be available to me....

1 ;162;
2 ;206;
3 ;176;
4 ;040;
5 ;164;
6 ;053;

bulb182

I'm planning on doing a Water or Grass type challenge. Probably on Gold as i dont want to restart Crystal or Silver

Last edited:

crystalclare

soulsilver<3
I think I'll do a psychic monotype on my silver!
My final team will probably be:
~;080;
~;103;
~;178;
~;196;
~;203;
~;249; just because I love him

I also might replace something for a Jynx or Wobbuffet, I don't know yet. I'll keep this updated when I start!

Shuckle!

Shuckle Lover
I'm just coming to the end of a rock-type monotype challenge. I've completed the storyline, just training them all up to a respectable level now.

My team:
Shuckle
Aerodactyl
Kabutops
Sudowoodo
Tyranitar
Corsola

Killjoy

Kickin da Old Skool
I did a water monotype once, and I had a pretty awesome poison team too.
maybe after I finish my current challenge in Gold, I'll do this on silver.
I need a good way to spend my summer before college, heh heh!

pichu96

I'm going to try a Water type Mono-Challenge today. I have already done a Fire type one.

The Mighty Wurmple

Starting out a Water mono.
Team in the future will be something like:

Lanturn
Tentacruel
Slowbro
Quagsire
Feraligatr
Starmie.

Wish me luck. :D

Last edited:

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
well, time to start my Crystal Mono-ground type run!
START! DAY 1!
ok, i made my character, (Lucas)
got Totodile, went to Mr pokemons house without training him. beat up rival and named him Ness (i'm a Brawl Fan). Went to Route 46, Caught a ;074; Geodude Lvl 2 trained him up to lvl 7, Caught a ;231; Phanpy, went up to route 30. trained phanpy up to lvl 7. fought trainers up to Violet City, leveling Geo and Phanpy up to lvl 8, Caught a Bellsprout to trade to the girl for an ;095; Onix named rocky, and deposited 'Dile in the computer. Leveled the team up to lvl 10 and Faught through the Flying gym. Onix made quick work of the leaders' Pidgey and after help from him and Geodude (who both fainted) Phanpy got rid of Pidgeotto.
Well, End Of day 1!

TEAM:
;074; Geodude (female) lvl 11
Tackle
Defence Curl
Rock Throw

;231; Phanpy (Female) Lvl 11
Tackle
Growl
Defence Curl

;095; Onix (Male) lvl 10
Tackle
Screech
Bind

Sorry if this first post sucks, i'm new to this malarky

edit 1: Day 2 will hopefully be out 10/7/95 on My Birthday WOOO!

Last edited:

<3 crobat <3

GSC trainer only
monotype

i want to do a monotype but i already started over so ill do it later. it will definitely be either bug, flying, or ice. ice would be hard tho...

The Mighty Wurmple

Started my Crystal, and just after the first Gym I found out my game was extremely glitched.
Every time a trainer spotted me and tried to walk up to battle me, it would run off in the opposite direction, often through trees, water, ME etc. After about 10-20 seconds, the text for before the battle would pop up and we'd battle. After the battle had finished, the trainer wouldn't be anywhere to be seen.

After the second Gym with Bugsy though, it was all fine and dandy. Which sorta sucks, because that was fun. D:

Aaaanyways, going awesome with my challenge at the moment.
Up to the Goldenrod Gym with my team of:

;159; Croconaw Lv. 21
- Water Gun
- Leer
- Bite
- Scratch

;194; Wooper Lv. 18
- Water Gun
- Tail Whip
- Slam

;046; Paras Lv. 6
- Scratch
- Cut
(Obvious Cut slave.)

I'm doing a monotype dark run already, and I hope I'm going to succeed.

I'm at team rocket at Goldenrod now.

Team:
Eevee level 50, 1 exp needed for 51 XD (he didn't evolve yet, but I want i to learn moonlight as Umbreon at level 52, any help?)
Sand-Attack
Quick attack
Take Down
Bite

Sneasel
Icy Wind
Faint attack
Quick attack
Scratch

The Mighty Wurmple

Advanced just a little bit further in the game, now at the Elite Four. >.>

;160; Feraligatr Lv 32
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Bite (dunno.)
- Strength

;073; Tentacruel Lv 32
- Surf
- Supersonic
- Constrict
- Acid

;080; Slowbro Lv 37
- Surf
- Confusion
- Thunderwave
- Ice Punch

;171; Lanturn Lv 32
- Surf
- Spark
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

;195; Quagisre Lv 33
- Surf
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Amnesia (Sadly the best moveset in the team)

;163; HootHoot Lv 5
- Tackle
- Growl
- Fly
- Flash

Currently getting completely owned by Psychic's, as I'm severely underleveled with Slowbro being my only hope for Will. Doesn't help that he's overleveled compared to my other team, it's a pity that he evolved at such a late level.

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
Well, as i promised, this is day 2 of my crystal mono ground run
ON MY BIRTHDAY WOOOO!

Start! DAY 2!

Well, I healed my team, and deposited the togepi egg. I Ran down to union cave to catch myself a ;027; sandshrew,deposited onix as it wouldnt obey, then trained sandshrew up back to Violet, and up the sprout tower. Saw Ness acting all cool, and got flash off sage Li. Caught another Bellsprout for Cut/Flash purposes. Ran through Union Cave after getting annoyed by the onix trainer in there. Got into Azelea, Made kurt hurt his back and clear the rockets out of slowpokewell. Lost to Ness' Bayleef :(. Went to the Bug Gym. Cleared through Bugsy's Metapod with Phanpy, Kakuna with Sandshrew, and scyther (ohko) with geodude, who learned magnitude, tried repeatedly to beat Ness' Bayleef, And Failing, FINALLY managing with some miss hax thanks to Sandshrew, and multiple Magnitudes from geodude, my only survivor, and rock throwed zubat :) YAY finally lolz. Got Cut and cleared the Ilex forest, Got to Goldenrod, cleared the underground, got the coin case and start saving up for a cubone from the Game Corner. Got it ;104; after grinding the national park, and the routes above & below Goldenrod. Went through the Normal Gym with cubone, killed Whitneys Clefairy with it, and leered Miltank so phanpy could finish it.

End! DAY 2!! The Bumper Birthday Edition

TEAM:
;074; Geodude (female) lvl 19
Tackle
Defence Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

;231; Phanpy (Female) Lvl 20
Tackle
Growl
Defense Curl
Flail

;027; Sandshrew (Male) lvl 19
Scratch
Defense Curl
Sand-Attack
Poison Sting

;104; Cubone (Female) lvl 18
Growl
Leer
Bone Club
Headbutt
(^I could Call It my Birthday Present LOLZ)
In Box:
;095; Onix (Male) lvl 10
Tackle
Screech
Bind

The Mighty Wurmple

FINALLY managed to beat the E4 thanks to a crapload of Revives, Hyper Potions and Full Heals.

Caught a Lapras as the final member of my team, and I'm just off the S.S Aqua, in Vermillion Gym now. Quagsire can easily solo the Gym, gone through all the trainers and only taking 20 damage from a Sonicboom.

Status
Not open for further replies.