• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Guardian's Challenge! (945)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Was listening to a rerun of these episodes as background noise and I realized something: for the party, Kukui was supposed to be the 5th challenge for Ash but was surprised to be one upped by Tapu Koko. Kukui ends up being his fifth major battle during the Alola League arc and Tapu Koko unexpectedly comes to one up him. That’s pretty clever foreshadowing.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Was listening to a rerun of these episodes as background noise and I realized something: for the party, Kukui was supposed to be the 5th challenge for Ash but was surprised to be one upped by Tapu Koko. Kukui ends up being his fifth major battle during the Alola League arc and Tapu Koko unexpectedly comes to one up him. That’s pretty clever foreshadowing.
They really perfectly closed out the series with tying it to the starting
SM is just really satisfying in its ending and would leave a good taste in the mouth of anyone who liked it, a big reason why SM is beloved as much as it is now, it got a very satisfying conclusion. Only DP had another satisfying ending in those regards (and still people had a problem with Tobias lol)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
They really perfectly closed out the series with tying it to the starting
SM is just really satisfying in its ending and would leave a good taste in the mouth of anyone who liked it, a big reason why SM is beloved as much as it is now, it got a very satisfying conclusion. Only DP had another satisfying ending in those regards (and still people had a problem with Tobias lol)
I was totally satisfied with OS's ending because the Harrison battle was epic, and I'll never forget sitting next to my sister on the couch watching Ash vs. Harrison when he revealed Blaziken and being like wtf is that. And the Ash vs. Gary battle was epic for its time.

I was also satisfied with AG's ending because I thought the 3 rematches against Brandon were epically handled, especially intertwined with May's Indigo Plateau, the Aipom arc, and how May and Brock each got focus episodes between the 2nd and 3rd rematches.

So I was actually satisfied with the endings of each of the first three series. I agree that BW and XY had trash endings.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I was totally satisfied with OS's ending because the Harrison battle was epic, and I'll never forget sitting next to my sister on the couch watching Ash vs. Harrison when he revealed Blaziken and being like wtf is that. And the Ash vs. Gary battle was epic for its time.

I was also satisfied with AG's ending because I thought the 3 rematches against Brandon were epically handled, especially intertwined with May's Indigo Plateau, the Aipom arc, and how May and Brock each got focus episodes between the 2nd and 3rd rematches.

So I was actually satisfied with the endings of each of the first three series. I agree that BW and XY had trash endings.
I think OS had a great ending too butttt it doesn't really feel like an ending/closure considering we hop right into hoenn and doesn't help matters how much Johto sucked, even if the league was amazing. So while the OG trio farewell was amazing it never felt like an ending so I don't count it
Disagree with AG. Hate how Ash gets defeated by Electivire just to prove a point. I mean it's still fine but not as satisfying as DP and SM imo

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think OS had a great ending too butttt it doesn't really feel like an ending/closure considering we hop right into hoenn and doesn't help matters how much Johto sucked, even if the league was amazing. So while the OG trio farewell was amazing it never felt like an ending so I don't count it
Disagree with AG. Hate how Ash gets defeated by Electivire just to prove a point. I mean it's still fine but not as satisfying as DP and SM imo
Yeah I mean back then they were basically using the last episode of each generation to kickstart the next generation. I honestly wasn't thinking of the Electivire battle at all, and it alone isn't enough to make the ending of AG bad to me.

And if you're going to talk about tying the ending to the starting, beating Paul's Electivire concludes the arc that started when Ash lost to Gary's Electivire.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"The 1-part hour special surpassed my expectations"

Episode: 7/10

Also I agree with this, from OS to DP each series has a satisfying ending in its own way, S16 (BW) is very awful, and XY's ending is not bad but it doesn't feels satisfying especially for Ash's character.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Also I agree with this, from OS to DP each series has a satisfying ending in its own way, S16 (BW) is very awful, and XY's ending is not bad but it doesn't feels satisfying especially for Ash's character.
Na XY's ending is just awful lol. Only Clemont and Bonnie were satisfying to me by the end. BW atleast while bad didn't disappoint me as much as XY did