• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Guild of the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I've seen one of those videos before (the main one I think). I didn't know there was a whole series dedicated to this insane conspiracy...

I've never seen any of those videos, and I don't think I will be watching them, not after seeing that 1 Hour Video. I'd probably be watching it for days, as I'm use to 30 min videos at the most, unless its highly entertaining and has my full undivided attention. Plus I like some comedy in my videos, that way I can just randomly bust out into laughter.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
I've never seen any of those videos, and I don't think I will be watching them, not after seeing that 1 Hour Video. I'd probably be watching it for days, as I'm use to 30 min videos at the most, unless its highly entertaining and has my full undivided attention. Plus I like some comedy in my videos, that way I can just randomly bust out into laughter.

Tbh, these videos have gotten me really interested in both Hawaiian and alchemic mythology. And I can see the huge - though somewhat loose - parallels between these and Pokemon.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Tbh, these videos have gotten me really interested in both Hawaiian and alchemic mythology. And I can see the huge - though somewhat loose - parallels between these and Pokemon.

I will not deny that some of the things those two bring to light in their videos (or at least the one I saw) is interesting; I'm quite fascinated with lore/mythology and there are undeniably a lot of parallels going on with Alolan Pokémon/real world mythologies.

However, I stop at saying that all that symbolism is proof that Sun/Moon are the last main series games.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
I will not deny that some of the things those two bring to light in their videos (or at least the one I saw) is interesting; I'm quite fascinated with lore/mythology and there are undeniably a lot of parallels going on with Alolan Pokémon/real world mythologies.

However, I stop at saying that all that symbolism is proof that Sun/Moon are the last main series games.

Well, of course, considering that we have many unexplained mysteries such as the disappearance of Cyrus and the original dragon.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Yeah, I'm hopeful for DPPt remakes too, mostly for Defog, though.
I want my Defog Poison Heal Gliscor :D

Lol, I want to return there now to teach Rock Climb to a HA Tauros. And yes again for Defog on Pokemon who I know will gain access to it, that don't have it now. And if its not ruined, they can bring back the Battle Frontier there so I can go beat the Battle Hall, and have some fun in the Battle Factory.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Lol, I want to return there now to teach Rock Climb to a HA Tauros. And yes again for Defog on Pokemon who I know will gain access to it, that don't have it now. And if its not ruined, they can bring back the Battle Frontier there so I can go beat the Battle Hall, and have some fun in the Battle Factory.

What's the difference between the Battle Frontier and the Battle Maison? Never got far enough to know.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
What's the difference between the Battle Frontier and the Battle Maison? Never got far enough to know.

The Battle Frontier's actually had different facilities where you had to battle differently. The Battle Maison is just 1 place where you just battle using different battling style. I'm sure they can easily adjust that to a Battle Frontier and it'll be even better than the Maison.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
The Battle Frontier was at its peak at its inception, in my opinion. The very first Battle Frontier in Emerald was by far the best, and every battle facility since (be it the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier or the Battle Maison) has been a watered-down version of the original. Which is a bit disappointing, to be honest, because Emerald's was so well done. It reminded me of a theme park, both because it is laid out a bit like a theme park in the game itself, but also because I was on a grade 8 trip to a theme at the time I beat 2 Frontier Brains back-to-back, so the memories of the real-life theme park I visited and the memories of the Battle Frontier are nearly synonymous.

But anyway, enough rambling from me, and on to business:

Even though the guild is small at the moment, I still want to do something for Halloween, even if only 1 or 2 people end up participating. Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year, and must be celebrated as such. I had a few ideas for events we could have:

1) When having battles in the guild, you must use one Pokémon that comes from a spook-tacular list (Pokémon like Gengar, Crobat, Ariados, etc fall onto this list). If your spook-tacular Pokémon faints, you automatically lose the battle.

2) Using the same list of "spook-tacular Pokémon" above, we all choose one Pokémon from that list and breed the best possible version as we can. On Halloween, we take unhatched eggs of our chosen Pokémon, and distribute them out as "candy" to those who "knock on our door" (PM/VM us).

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
The Battle Frontier was at its peak at its inception, in my opinion. The very first Battle Frontier in Emerald was by far the best, and every battle facility since (be it the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier or the Battle Maison) has been a watered-down version of the original. Which is a bit disappointing, to be honest, because Emerald's was so well done. It reminded me of a theme park, both because it is laid out a bit like a theme park in the game itself, but also because I was on a grade 8 trip to a theme at the time I beat 2 Frontier Brains back-to-back, so the memories of the real-life theme park I visited and the memories of the Battle Frontier are nearly synonymous.

But anyway, enough rambling from me, and on to business:

Even though the guild is small at the moment, I still want to do something for Halloween, even if only 1 or 2 people end up participating. Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year, and must be celebrated as such. I had a few ideas for events we could have:

1) When having battles in the guild, you must use one Pokémon that comes from a spook-tacular list (Pokémon like Gengar, Crobat, Ariados, etc fall onto this list). If your spook-tacular Pokémon faints, you automatically lose the battle.

2) Using the same list of "spook-tacular Pokémon" above, we all choose one Pokémon from that list and breed the best possible version as we can. On Halloween, we take unhatched eggs of our chosen Pokémon, and distribute them out as "candy" to those who "knock on our door" (PM/VM us).

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Well, I'm already going to be hosting a Halloween Spook-tacular Tournament after Tamer's Tour. Needed to have something for the League, and was going to invite everyone who wished to participate. I already have the list of Pokemon, and we were only going to use Pokemon from that list. The only difference is that its going to be Rotation battles just because no one can just say they're experience at that, plus its fun to see 3 Pokemon and have to decide which way it'll move, if it does so at all. But we should start hosting tours, or maybe I should do that.
Its to begin on October 21st and last until the 31st, so I'm giving 10 days for 5 battles to be completed. Prizes will be determined, as I'm going to see what I have that I'm willing to give away, and/or if anyone's going to try and donate.

And I may be posting backwards, as for the Battle Frontier again, yes Hoenn was the best, although Sinnoh's was decently done as well, even with only 3 new facilities. Just the Battle Factory was fun because I like to see what number Thorton would give me and I watch as how when given a low number, I'd lose because all I can think about is why I got such low of a number. As for the Battle Hall, I can just see how better it can be if the AI this time were like the Battle Maison AI in terms of Super Battle Modes where you only face strong Pokemon, or those considered strong for the game, and of course if they allow Mega Evolution, they then throw in Sableye, and Mawile, and some others. It'll be lots more fun.

Last edited:

DavidBuu

Mega Skarmory
The Battle Frontier in Emerald was one of my favorite things as a kid, and one of the most disappointing things about ORAS was the lack of anything that even resembled it. I still remember where I was the first time I beat a Frontier Brain (Lucy), and I actually went back a couple of years ago and got all seven gold symbols. It was glorious.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
The Battle Frontier in Emerald was one of my favorite things as a kid, and one of the most disappointing things about ORAS was the lack of anything that even resembled it. I still remember where I was the first time I beat a Frontier Brain (Lucy), and I actually went back a couple of years ago and got all seven gold symbols. It was glorious.

The first Frontier Brain I beat was also Lucy (I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people's first FB to beat was Lucy). I never got all the gold symbols, though. I guess that makes you a better Trainer than me!

On another note, I'd like to announce that the guild has a chat now, hosted by Discord. There are links to it in the Guild Directorys located on the opening posts, or in my signature. Let me know if it works.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
The first Frontier Brain I beat was also Lucy (I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people's first FB to beat was Lucy). I never got all the gold symbols, though. I guess that makes you a better Trainer than me!

On another note, I'd like to announce that the guild has a chat now, hosted by Discord. There are links to it in the Guild Directorys located on the opening posts, or in my signature. Let me know if it works.

Sorry to break the first Frontier Brain beaten streak, as I beat Tucker first, for some reason I just liked the Tournament theme layout and choosing 2 of my 3 Pokemon to battle with.

Also I'll see if the Discord works.

LynxForte

The Phoenix

*looks for discord link in signature*

It's not there! Whybuffet is making me not be lazy and go to the front page. Why would you do something so evil?

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I'm back, so to speak.
-

Username: Regi_Rocks
3DS Friend Code: 4098-7184-9807
PS Name: (will create one)
Favourite Pokémon: Shaymin
Favourite Pokémon Game: Heartgold
About You: Well I'm no stranger to clans/guilds. Mainly a VGC/Doubles player. Avid bank ball IV breeder. I'm happy to battle in singles too.
Not sure what else to say.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I'm back, so to speak.
-

Username: Regi_Rocks
3DS Friend Code: 4098-7184-9807
PS Name: (will create one)
Favourite Pokémon: Shaymin
Favourite Pokémon Game: Heartgold
About You: Well I'm no stranger to clans/guilds. Mainly a VGC/Doubles player. Avid bank ball IV breeder. I'm happy to battle in singles too.
Not sure what else to say.

Welcome! You are now safe behind these walls. You will be added to the OP shortly. Until then, feel free to mingle.

Status
Not open for further replies.