• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Guild of the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Guild Battle #1
Username: DJSummers (Tag with Alatar VGC)
Division: Garrison
Opponent: Lord Fighting
Win/Lose: Win 4 - 0
Comments: Was a really good game, with me being the target of most attacks, my partner was able to support me defense-wise, and we made excellent plays regarding targeting.
Battle Video: G2CW-WWWW-WW4V-AMPC

Guild Battle #2
Username: DJSummers
Division: Garrison
Opponent: Lord Fighting & Alatar VGC
Win/Lose: Win 1 - 0
Comments: I was literally taken out, but at least my Partner still had all his Pokemon to work with and skills to beat both his opponents without me. Still wish Mega Scizor didn't take 2 critical hits to end its life.
Battle Video: P8UW-WWWW-WW4V-AZWK

EDIT: Battle Video's and Outcome Score's added.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Guild Battle Form

Username: WhyBuffet
Division: Military Police
Win/Lose: Win 2-0
Comments: Time for me to shake the rust off, though I vowed never to battle again until Sun/Moon... But of course, such promises were made to be broken.
A very good battle. There were times when I thought "okay, I'm safe" but them a few turns later I'd be like "oh crud, wait, no I'm not." Kept me on my toes the entire match.
Battle Video: 9RLW-WWWW-WW4V-AB6K

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Challenge Pokémon: Lucario
Nature & Ability: Naive & Inner Focus / Adaptability
Held Item: Lucarionite
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 Attack
Moveset: Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, Flash Cannon, Extreme Speed
Completed Challenge(s): Both
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoubles-447450219

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Guild Battle Form

Username: WhyBuffet
Division: Military Police
Win/Lose: Win 2-0
Comments: Time for me to shake the rust off, though I vowed never to battle again until Sun/Moon... But of course, such promises were made to be broken.
A very good battle. There were times when I thought "okay, I'm safe" but them a few turns later I'd be like "oh crud, wait, no I'm not." Kept me on my toes the entire match.
Battle Video: 9RLW-WWWW-WW4V-AB6K

Confirming gg. You had some unsual sets there though why which threw me off and I got a few lucky scald burns for good measure lol.

Ascended Dialga

Nature & Ability: Jolly & Justified
EVs: 252 Attack/4 SpDef/252 Speed
Moveset: Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Ice Punch, Swords Dance
Battle Video: AXVW-WWWW-WW4V-BU9P

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Nature & Ability: Jolly & Justified
EVs: 252 Attack/4 SpDef/252 Speed
Moveset: Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Ice Punch, Swords Dance
Battle Video: AXVW-WWWW-WW4V-BU9P

I probably should've made it more clear, but battles are to be done against an Actual Opponent, either over WiFi or PS. I'll add that in now to not confuse more people.

Also, it's a lot more fun when you're battling in the Super Formats. But yeah, it'll be better if you can redo the Challenge against a friend, passerby, or on PS.

Ascended Dialga

I probably should've made it more clear, but battles are to be done against an Actual Opponent, either over WiFi or PS. I'll add that in now to not confuse more people.

Also, it's a lot more fun when you're battling in the Super Formats. But yeah, it'll be better if you can redo the Challenge against a friend, passerby, or on PS.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I thought I had found a loophole to exploit. :p

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Anybody watching the Pokémon Generations shorts on YouTube?
I think they're really well done, but I wish I could find some original Japanese versions.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Anybody watching the Pokémon Generations shorts on YouTube?
I think they're really well done, but I wish I could find some original Japanese versions.

I have been watching them. They are certainly well done, but I am unable to find the Japanese ones either. I enjoyed this episode a lot and I kind of like it the most so far, but I did quite enjoy seeing Giovanni in a prior episode. XD

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I have been watching them. They are certainly well done, but I am unable to find the Japanese ones either. I enjoyed this episode a lot and I kind of like it the most so far, but I did quite enjoy seeing Giovanni in a prior episode. XD

I appreciate their loyalty to the original source material (the games), much more so than the anime.
I have to agree, this latest episode was pretty good; Dragonite was boss :)

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I appreciate their loyalty to the original source material (the games), much more so than the anime.
I have to agree, this latest episode was pretty good; Dragonite was boss :)

Definitely better than the animé. The animé has just gone downhill over the years. Dragonite, yes! The voice gets me all of the time. It always sounds so silly, part of it's charm I suppose. I like it.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Considering its like 5min episodes, why not watch it. So far its been really great, and I must say, I loved the Giovanni episode the most, and I do indeed like how it follows the game series, rather than anime. Remembering the past through other's eyes, while thinking how you happened to have been there.

Still waiting on that Pokemon Game that will allow us to travel throughout all Generations, and to keep the next Gen from having to be easy, they just remove all your Pokemon and place them in that specific region's PC Box before sending you to the next Region to start over, while completing the Pokedex. And eventually when you finish all the Regions, you unlock the International PC Box which then shows all Pokemon caught/trained from every Region.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Hey everyone, it's the beginning of October, which means it's time to start a new guild feature - the Pocket Monster Exam!
This guild feature will happen on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month, but I figured I'd sneak the first one in on the first of October!

The full rules for the feature can be found here, but in a nutshell, you will be given 5 questions to answer.
PM me your answers to said questions by the end of this Sunday, and you can win some EXP/WP!

Without further ado, the questions!

hRoHapy.png

1. Who is in charge of the Pokémon Network Center?
2. What is the name of the unused Ability in Gen III?
3. What is the name of the boat in Platinum that ferries Trainers to the Fight Area?
4. What item adds 1 Sp Atk EV to a Pokémon?
5. Which Pokémon evolves later than any other Pokémon?

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

A test of Poké-Knowledge, eh? Now this is my kind of guild challenge! I'll PM you my answers when I can, Why. :)

In other news, Smogom did a Roserade giveaway today...and I managed to get one! Here are the specs:

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid nature
Technician ability
IVs: 31/14/31/30/31/30 (Flawless HP-Fire)
EVs: 248 SpAtt/12 SpDef/248 Speed
Moves: Spikes, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm, HP-Fire

Tbh, I'm not so sure about this set with the Technician ability...HP-Fire is the only move that would benefit.

I want to hear some opinions. How would you guys here in this guild prefer to use Roserade?

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Hey that's my thing to announce Smogon giveaways! :p it's fine. I would probably re-teach Toxic Spikes instead of HP-Fire and replace Leaf Storm with Extrasensory.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
A test of Poké-Knowledge, eh? Now this is my kind of guild challenge! I'll PM you my answers when I can, Why. :)

In other news, Smogom did a Roserade giveaway today...and I managed to get one! Here are the specs:

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid nature
Technician ability

Tbh, I'm not so sure about this set with the Technician ability...HP-Fire is the only move that would benefit.

I want to hear some opinions. How would you guys here in this guild prefer to use Roserade?

Well, Technician Roserade's are usually offensive. As for me I would probably teach it Giga Drain for a bit of recovery. Leaf Storm is just nice due to the power. Toxic Spikes would be preferred, but that's mostly it, unless I decide to run a Natural Cure Roserade.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid nature
Technician ability

You could always consider putting on Magical Leaf instead of Leaf Storm. You won't be decreasing your Special Attack with every use. Plus, Magical Leaf ignores accuracy and is more powerful than Giga Drain (via Technician), although, if you want reliable recovery than Giga Drain is the way to go. Protect is certainly something that should be considered on any set, but seeing how it appears to be geared toward Singles than I wouldn't worry as much. Sleep Powder is another option, but with 75% accuracy... well that's your choice. Now, I've never used Roserade, sadly. I'd love to just never had to opportunity. However, I would probably use a moveset of Protect, Magical Leaf, HP Fire, and Sludge Bomb.... that being said I don't play Singles... so yeah. I don't even know if it'd even be viable. :p

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Aight, here's sub for the Spotlight Challenge:

Nature & Ability: Jolly & Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
Moveset: Swords Dance/Close Combat/Bullet Punch/Iron Tail
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-449360951

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that another guild feature (hosted by me) is coming this Wednesday!
The feature can already be found on my admin page, if you want to know what it is early, but it's a fairly quick, easy, and fun feature!

Also, just wanted to point out that if you're ever looking for the current Spotlight Challenge, Pocket Monster Exam, etc., they have their own tabs in the guild spreadsheet.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that another guild feature (hosted by me) is coming this Wednesday!
The feature can already be found on my admin page, if you want to know what it is early, but it's a fairly quick, easy, and fun feature!

Also, just wanted to point out that if you're ever looking for the current Spotlight Challenge, Pocket Monster Exam, etc., they have their own tabs in the guild spreadsheet.

Have to agree with the Guild Spreadsheet, I'll update the Spotlight Challenge there first, and then just come here for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.