• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Guinness world records

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
It occurs to me if anyone on this Forum has tried or accomplished any world records of any feat.

So come and tell us if you've attempted anything for the The Guinness world records book?

rules? well be honest :)

I don't have the balls for it, so no.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I participated in a World Record with a lot of other people at the Comic Con this month. All we needed to do was to already be there in a costume that represents a video game character. Im not sure if we broke the record, but I hope we did. I'd want to make history. Though this record goes in the Guiness World Record 2009: Gamer's Edition book that comes out.

Vycksta

Actually yes, i'm trying. The thing is it's a record that involves mass participation and my home town is full of boring wankers. Trying to drum up interest is what's holding me back from faxing off my claim form...

Shaymin~

I would never try to set a world record, unless it were an extremely easy one. It barely even matters, since whatever record you set is likely to get beaten in a few years anyways.

Laser Shuckle

I would never try to set a world record, unless it were an extremely easy one. It barely even matters, since whatever record you set is likely to get beaten in a few years anyways.

no way Chuck Norris in reality holds all of the world records, the people in the book are just the closest anyone has ever gotten.

The record for most bananas eaten bananas in under a minute is three. I think that if I was hungry enough, I'd be able to eat more than that. And in the Guiness Gamer's Edition 2009, there's a few Warioware records in there that, if I remember correctly, I have higher for... *Would have to check again*

Laser Shuckle

The record for most bananas eaten bananas in under a minute is three. I think that if I was hungry enough, I'd be able to eat more than that. And in the Guiness Gamer's Edition 2009, there's a few Warioware records in there that, if I remember correctly, I have higher for... *Would have to check again*

wow that sounds sorta easy.

no way Chuck Norris in reality holds all of the world records, the people in the book are just the closest anyone has ever gotten.

I believe that you just set a record for stating the most obvious fact in existence.

Anyways, I don't have any records, though I have indeed thought of going for one before.

Xenieon

mainly a Gen IV player
No. Chuck Norris does not hold any worthwhile records other than "Most Fanatics Who Claim He/She Holds All World Records," which itself is pretty cool... but nothing else. :(

The banana record isn't easy. Did it ever occur to you that you have to peel the banana as well, and there is also the fact that it takes you 40 seconds to safely swallow a banana, as it could get lodged in your esophagus and lead to your demise? That record is pretty dangerous, and really hard to break. I just tried. :D
I once tried to break the world record for "Most Time Spent Walking/Working Backwards."
I walked backwards, sprinted backwards(I'm in athletics), brushed my teeth without looking in the mirror(and sorta spat backwards...), ate stuff without looking, etc. for three days straight. I still don't think I broke the record, and even if I did, I really prefer not to re-enact it just for the records. Trust me, you don't either.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Apparently our school accomplished the worl record of having the most students out on the field in the shape of a Inuksuk (I think that's what it's called). I wore a very bright turquoise shirt that day and stood or sat at the edge so I could find myself easily. I'm not sure if it was true but our teacher said the Guinness people were there taking the picture along with our principal and others.

Never did find this event in any of the books for the next year, or the year after, and so on. Our school lied to us! >:O! This was about 5 or 6 years ago.

darkheart

Last year around april I planned on breaking a world record. "Longest DDR Marathon"(Then something happen and i never around to train as much)Wich the current record is about 36.5 hours. The rules also state that i get a 15 min break every 8 hours. I might acually try to break it january of next year. Im not as busy as i was last year.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
well not oficially but i think i have a fair chance at getting the highest score in D/P,
i'm somewhere at 200.000, it should be worth something.

Raikou_fan

Last year I tried to go the longest without sleeping. It went well for like around... one day. Then I got tired. Even after I got tired, I did okay until History class... The French Revolution was too boring for me to stay awake through... =/

Last edited:

benjonson

Guinness World Records, known until 2000 as The Guinness Book of Records (and in previous U.S. editions as The Guinness Book of World Records), is a reference book published annually, containing an internationally recognized [vague] collection of world records, both human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted series of all-time.

I broke the world record for the longest penis.

Seriously, No, I never tried.

EDIT:Surprised it took so long for someone to say that.