• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Happy Dance Comes After a Quiz!? The Anistar Festival Showcase!! (894)

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I think Nini's appearance is this was too short, they should of had take Shauna's place in this and leave Shauna out of it.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I liked how showcases are now testing more than what we would call traditional performer skills. I think it's commendable that performers are tested on their intelligence and the fact that the ability to answer the question is a result of your Pokémon's training makes it better than 'I can press the buzzer better than you'. The freestyle performances were good too. I thought all were entertaining but Serena's was certainly the standout performance and the result showed this.

Good episode, onto the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
A lot was left untouched, and rather made the episode uneventful except for Serena's win.

Nini leaving that quickly made for almost no character development.

Jessie's performance not being focused upon, in favor of Eevee running away, was rather salty. I hope she gets her keys to enter the advanced class tournament.

Glad Serena has her 2nd key, but the win didn't look as great as the first. Hope this changes for her 3rd win.

Pikachu52

Jessie's performance not being focused upon, in favor of Eevee running away, was rather salty. I hope she gets her keys to enter the advanced class tournament.

It's a shame they've put Jessie back to the level of competence she had during Hoenn and Kanto contests, where she never won a single Ribbon. That's a pity because the second round of the showcase is potentially something Jessie could do well in considering she usually got through the first stage of the of the contests.

Perfect Zygarde

It's a shame they've put Jessie back to the level of competence she had during Hoenn and Kanto contests, where she never won a single Ribbon. That's a pity because the second round of the showcase is potentially something Jessie could do well in considering she usually got through the first stage of the of the contests.

Honestly in the freestyle performance that doesn't really matter. That's because it all comes dow to which performance gets the most votes from audience members and they don't vote using a certain system like judges do, they vote based on personal opinion whereas in contests the winner wasn't decided by the audience but was decided based on different factors.

DatsRight

Okay now that we know Jessie won Princess Keys after this, her development throughout the showcases actually comes off more realistic than Serena's.

Serena made one minor mistake concerning costume that cost her in her first showcase, and after that was usually an instant expert outside another slippage.

Jessie slowly worked her way up. She started off far more miserably in her first showcase due to having no idea what were the credentials for the round. In her second attempt, she used her other Pokemon more wisely for the appeal round (Meowth's cooking chekhov's skill for the win) and got up to the performance round, if still at a poor position. In this episode, Gourgeist is evolved and gets her up to third place. The next showcase she uses her full squad in their specialties and wins (if part because of Serena's second slippage) and is implied to very quickly win her other showcases after due to Serena not being involved in them.

Jessie comes off even more creditable because she posed herself as a stranger and newcomer to the profession, while Serena likely garnered a lot of popularity from people she helped throughout the series (this is downright unambiguous in the Master Class). I think it's also the fact it's easier to root for Jessie, of the perpetually losing Team Rocket, manage to make her group do stuff that is competent. In all other circumstances, Jessie's team would be considered an equal opponent for Serena.

Hey at least Meowth finally got to settle an old rivalry:

Last edited:

Alloutℯ

Banned
So yeah, Serena won. A deserved victory from what we saw, it was really nice. I feel like Braixen looked more like the Pop Idol Cosplay Pikachu, or whatever the name is, more than anything. Well, there were similarities to the Coumarine Theme Performance too.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Except FatChance shipping is humorously true in any way you want to see it.

Please, Eevee, do something in the next performance, and evolve so I don't label you as a similar AXEW.

Well neither ship name is present on Bulbapedia, which I consider the official source of ship names, so I think either could work since there appears to be no official one.

Chris, I find it funny how you always capitalize AXEW, and the funniest was in the preview thread for XY59 (Dunsparce was data broadcast Pokémon) when you said "Is this the same Dunsparce Ash was trying to catch before AXEW ruined it for him?"

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the quiz section of this TryPokaron, and I can't believe that Nene got the Eievui question wrong. Serena's performance was absolutely dazzling, so I'm glad she won so many votes. Finding out about Sana's progress was nice, too.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I didn't really get why Eevee was afraid of Jessie's firework explosions, as it already saw projectile explosions closer to it 2 episodes before. It must be to give a drama that Serena must overcome during the showcases again.

Speaking of Serena's performance, it was ok, but I was glad that she brought Eevee into the next one. I thought Braixen & Pancham performances were getting old, despite some slightly changes.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I didn't really get why Eevee was afraid of Jessie's firework explosions, as it already saw projectile explosions closer to it 2 episodes before. It must be to give a drama that Serena must overcome during the showcases again.
Fireworks explosions are especially loud and perhaps even louder indoors because the interior of the Showcase hall in Anistar City would cause the sound to rebound many times indoors, therefore amplifying the sound and making it louder. However the seed explosions two episodes before happened in open space and there is much less surface area where the sound can rebound so much of it is lost in the open air and therefore isn't as loud.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Fireworks explosions are especially loud and perhaps even louder indoors because the interior of the Showcase hall in Anistar City would cause the sound to rebound many times indoors, therefore amplifying the sound and making it louder. However the seed explosions two episodes before happened in open space and there is much less surface area where the sound can rebound so much of it is lost in the open air and therefore isn't as loud.
Jessie firework explosions doesn't feel like the real life fireworks where they can go very high, with the fire particles going very far which could potentially hit the audience in the Showcase hall. If it was very loud, it would emit shockwaves and people would cover their ears, which I haven't seen anyone doing it. And when we heard it as viewers, it doesn't sound as loud than the explosions 2 episodes before.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Jessie firework explosions doesn't feel like the real life fireworks where they can go very high, with the fire particles going very far which could potentially hit the audience in the Showcase hall. If it was very loud, it would emit shockwaves and people would cover their ears, which I haven't seen anyone doing it. And when we heard it as viewers, it doesn't sound as loud than the explosions 2 episodes before.
The fireworks from Jessie's performance was a climax of her performance therefore it was expected that the audience, which would be expected to have about several hundred people, were cheering at its loudest during the fireworks. The interference of sounds would have amplified the combined sounds and therefore resulted in a louder sound. In the other case, there would obviously be no one cheering because there wouldn't have been as much people, which were Ash and his friends and Team Rocket only. Therefore there is much less interference with the sound of the explosions of Seed Bomb and overall, considering the amplification of the sound that was as a result of the audience cheering and the sound of the fireworks, Eevee would have been more likely to be startled in the Showcase case.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The fireworks from Jessie's performance was a climax of her performance therefore it was expected that the audience, which would be expected to have about several hundred people, were cheering at its loudest during the fireworks. The interference of sounds would have amplified the combined sounds and therefore resulted in a louder sound. In the other case, there would obviously be no one cheering because there wouldn't have been as much people, which were Ash and his friends and Team Rocket only. Therefore there is much less interference with the sound of the explosions of Seed Bomb and overall, considering the amplification of the sound that was as a result of the audience cheering and the sound of the fireworks, Eevee would have been more likely to be startled in the Showcase case.
I would understand if it was the crowd that wents nuts after Jessie's performance that startled Eevee. I mean, Eevee was pretty much lonely before so it didn't get accustomed with all those behaviors from the crowd, especially in huge numbers.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would understand if it was the crowd that wents nuts after Jessie's performance that startled Eevee. I mean, Eevee was pretty much lonely before so it didn't get accustomed with all those behaviors from the crowd, especially in huge numbers.
Yeah it would be understandable because she lived in the forest for her whole life, where there is an almost minimal disturbance. But she still got startled even though she was accompanied by Bunnelby, who Eevee has grown to the most out of the XY cast's Pokémon, and ran off without anyone noticing until Bunnelby eventually realised. At least Eevee saw Serena's performance at last and got something out of her, which was her inspiration to participate in Showcases.