• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hardest Gym Leader of All Time

Jaguartail

Who do you think is the 1 Gym Leader that is the absolute hardest, that stands above all other gym leaders in all generations in difficulty? Note that we're counting the gym leader's normal status, so don't take any gen 2 kanto gym leader hightened status into consideration when deciding.

I myself would have to say either Whitney or whatever the eighth gym leader of Sinnoh is. Lt. Surge is another possibility.

36squid

ISingTheBodyElectric
I really had trouble the most with Norman of Hoenn

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)
i had trouble with clair, but thats prbly cuz all my pokemonn were very underleveled...

just mew

whitney is not that bad. at least you can trade something for a machop, and it is female so it's immune to attract and has resistance to rollout.

^agree with those clair-"haters"

aloquesada

I remember Misty beating the c*** out my Charmander many times...
Whitneys Miltank and Clair were somewhat hard.
Tate & Lisa are tricky, also the Juan's Double Team/Rest Kindra.
Recently I have had troubles with Leonora, that Intimidate is a big deal early in the game...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'd say either Lenora or Norman. Lenora because she's insanely overlevelled, Norman because Slakings. Though HGSS Morty was... oy. Had to stall him out with a Pidgeotto.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Brock in Yellow version.

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
I remember Misty beating the c*** out my Charmander many times...
Whitneys Miltank and Clair were somewhat hard.
Tate & Lisa are tricky, also the Juan's Double Team/Rest Kindra.
Recently I have had troubles with Leonora, that Intimidate is a big deal early in the game...

Lol I remember in gen 1, charmander was at a disadvantage for the first two gyms. So glad I picked bulbasaur. The hardest gym leader would probably be clair. I had no dragon or ice types, and all of my pokemon were underleveled. Luckily my ampharos and gyarados were able to do most of the work. I had a lot of difficulty with whitney in the original silver but when I played SS my geodude take care of miltank with its own rollout and rock smash.

Crimson_Blazer

Yeah Claire's Kingdra was a pain. Elesa and volt switch used te beat me alot in previos playthroughs, but this last playthrough i set up stealth rock and two layers of toxic spikes with dwebble and trubbish and beat her easily