• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hardest Gym Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
who was the hardest gym leader for you? for me it was always Fantina, i never had a type to defeat her so it took me ages of leveling before i won.

Aquarelle

Staff member

Kalosian

So long
Volkner in Platinum. He was really hard for me to defeat, even with my team at high levels and half of them being resistant to Electric moves.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
the 4rd I think... the one with electrike type.. it was hard!!!

Volkner is the 8th leader.

My hardest was candice and that godawful Froslass Try fighting it with no fire types and no rock type moves then you too will suffer for hours.

None of 'em, 'nuff said.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Maylene, it took me several tries to beat her.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Maylene. Her Lucario's fast, hits like a truck, and has good defence.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I once remember playing Pearl in a friend of mine's DS. His team consisted of Grotle, Staravia, Sudowoodo, Ponyta, Luxio and Kadabra, all in their mid twenties. Maylene's Lucario swept them. It was nasty.

None of them were really difficult in Platinum except maybe Volkner, who gave me a bit of trouble.

Last edited:
All of the gyms were fairly easy for me but if I had to pick one, during my 1st playthrough it took me 2 tries to beat Fantina.

Chimchar15

For me it would have to be Roark because I was at a total disadvantage Chimchar, Starly, and Shinx. I still won though but it wasn't easy. Also I have to admit if I had quickly taken care of Maylene or Fantina I would've been in trouble. They weren't as hard it platinum for me and I didn't like how they re-ordered the gyms Fantina was better as the 5th leader.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I actually think Gardenia is quite difficult if I don't have Fire or Flying-Types.
And Fantina has that Mismagius.......

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I always had trouble beating Gardenia,no matter what.Her Roserade is annoying lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.