• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The hardest starter to beat the game with?

hardest starter to beat the game with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigh!

Bad Taste Everywhere
I would say Charmander since your attacks available to beat Brock are all not very effective, and then misty would probably kill you, then if you had charizard by Lt Surge though you can easily over power him its electric attacks could fry you.

Melloyu

I would say Charmander since your attacks available to beat Brock are all not very effective, and then misty would probably kill you, then if you had charizard by Lt Surge though you can easily over power him its electric attacks could fry you.

I agree with this, but squirtle isn't an easy one too , because he has to handel the 3th and 4th gym, which kill him easly and the 2nd because his attacks aren't very effective agianst his own kind

Last edited:

lvl100blastoise

It's pretty even really besides the infamous first couple of gyms with charmander.

Nana

I suck at Pokemon and thought Bulbasaur made the first two gyms very easy. I always thought it was supposed to be the easiest...

I think Charmander would be the hardest, especially because the team choices for the first two gyms are so limited. In my Green game, I only had one Pokemon from my permanent team when I challenged Brock (Bulbasaur) and two when I challenged Misty (Ivysaur, Nidorina).

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
None of them are hard, barring Charmander for Brock.

As soon as you get past that point though, Pikachu can handle Misty, and Charmander can quickly develop into an unstoppable god.

Same with Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

mech king1

Fire trainer
definately charmander due to the bigger majority of gyms being harder to take out with fire type moves

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
definately charmander due to the bigger majority of gyms being harder to take out with fire type moves

Lol whut?

Rock <-
Water <-
Electric
Grass
Psychic
Poison
Fire <-
Ground

Those are the 8 gyms, and Fire is only not very effective against 3 of them.

Not only that, but you can catch pokemon to get rid of the problem (Pikachu for Misty, any water type for Blaine, ect.)

Charmander is only difficult for Brock, but that's really only because you'll be slowly chipping away HP with scratch and ember.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Truthfully, I've never had any problems with the starters. I can't say that any of them are hard to beat the game with. I suppose Charmander is a problem with the first few gyms, but Charizard is a pretty good Pokemon....

mech king1

Fire trainer
Lol whut?

Rock <-
Water <-
Electric
Grass
Psychic
Poison
Fire <-
Ground

Not only that, but you can catch pokemon to get rid of the problem (Pikachu for Misty, any water type for Blaine, ect.)

Charmander is only difficult for Brock, but that's really only because you'll be slowly chipping away HP with scratch and ember.

and squirtle is weak to two, and bulbasaur is weak to 3. if you include evolutions then charizard not too great against lt.surge

Arthur

Lol whut?

Rock <-
Water <-
Electric
Grass
Psychic
Poison
Fire <-
Ground

Isn't fire NVE against ground as well?

tatsujingosuto

before there was metal claw for Charmander, was in fact the hardest for me to beat the game with especially when I went against Brock at that time

;354;TG

Sprintking

All are easy to beat with, too many of you are basing only the first gym in your decision.
Butterfree owns the first gym at lvl 12, you don't need to raise charmander to a ridiculous level, the same goes for pikachu and misty.
Personally, based on my experience I have found Venusaur to be a less useful pokemon later in the game in comparison to Blastoise and Charizard

squlicky4

i would say it defi had to be bulbasaur

Charmander. It's horrible against the first two gyms, and from what I remember, it's not so good against a majority of the Elite Four.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Charmander was really Difficult for me in the first 2 Gyms but after that it was really easy with him.

But I have to say Bulbasaur because whenever I choose him after LT.Surge it was pretty difficult for me >.> espeacially the Elite four D:.

SonOfASubmariner

GIRUGAMESH!
I would have to say Bulbasaur as you could only learn Vine Whip at Level 13

Gigapoodle

It's all the same...
I said Bulbasaur, since I mamaged to do just fine with Charmander. It seems like the water starter always has it the easiest *cough*Mudkip*cough*

Flamesword12

Charmander. I only use it in generation 3. Charmander don't have metal claw in generation 1. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.