• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Harvest Moon/Rune Factory Thread

Recon

What the title suggests, talk about the Harvest Moon or Rune Factory games in this thread. Need an item? Post it in this thread and someone might be willing to trade over wi-fi. Have a problem? We could probably answer it for you or redirect you to a helpful online guide. Just want to brag? Feel free to do so. Want to just talk about the games or have an opinion on one? That's fine too, as long as it is on topic.

I'll start it off, what's your favorite Harvest Moon game to date. I have to go with Friends of Mineral Town. It introduced me to this series and I still play it to this date. While I have to resort to *cough* other mediums to play it since I lost my original cartridge, I still have fun doing so. Rune Factory 3 is a close second, mainly because of this: "RAINBOW!"

Also, is it weird for guys to play Harvest Moon games? Cause I was called a bunch of nasty words on another forum for saying I play the games.

EDIT: LOVIN the activity here.

Last edited:

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Wow, I'm getting the first post here :D

I just recently got A New Beginning, since everyone was talking about it positively. I've played a few games in the past, but this one is my favorite so far. Then again, I haven't even finished Spring 1 yet, so maybe that could change by the time I'm done Year 1. It's a little slow paced, right now, I imagine it'll get better as I advance forward.

Also, is it weird for guys to play Harvest Moon games? Cause I was called a bunch of nasty words on another forum for saying I play the games.

Not weird at all. The graphics make the game feel more like a feminine type of game, but I'm sure if those people tried playing it for a bit, they would understand why you like the games so much. It's just like some people call girls weird because they're into video games (I've had a few raised eyebrows myself)

MetalVictini

Winning!
I've been playing A New Beginning, but the fact that the start is almost unbearably slow has made it hard for me. I just got the ability to use the studio, though, so that might help things.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I've been playing A New Beginning, but the fact that the start is almost unbearably slow has made it hard for me. I just got the ability to use the studio, though, so that might help things.

It does help, and when you get to Spring 27, you also get to access the multi-player mode.

It drives me crazy that what I need right now (the supply shed and chicken coop) need small lumber and small material stone, which are not available through Rebecca, so that's a little bit harder. At least when I have the supply shed, I'll have a place to store that stuff.

Recon

Trust me, hoard as much as you can, especially honeycomb if you want to make beehives by the time you can build them. Honey's used for a future town restoration plan. Also, make sure to get a lot of rocks, you're gonna be wanting a lot of those.

Anyways, I've already beaten the game, now trying to get everything to 5* quality, and hoarding a lot of stuff, unlocking everything possible, etc.