• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The hat turn?!

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
Do you thnk they should make ash turn his hat again...i do. that was my child hood. i would always ware a hat, and when faced with an obstacle turn it around.

Wat do you thnk???

Rex Kamex

No, I'm used to him not doing it, but I never had strong feelings for or against it anyway. If they did it, I'd be a little shocked (and the only reason I say "a little" is because I don't care much), but it wouldn't really affect things much for me.

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
No.

Been to long since he did it.

Maybe 1 more time like the last episode.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Sadly, no. It's been too long & it'd be weird if he just randomly started doing it again.

I guess it'll just be another thing added on to the dropped plot lines.... *sigh*

It's also just one of those things, IMO, that gives you a nostalgic feeling & makes ya wanna watch the 1 season all over again :)

Shinnie-tan

I can't believe this thread is back but anyway- NO. Honestly, the hat turn was extemely childish and represented Ash's rookie self. It might have worked in the Kanto arc to show what kind of trainer Ash was but now that Ash is more experienced, the hat turn shouldn't come back. Besides, the hat turn kind of made him look ugly anyway.

zeno48

Zaker!
Do you thnk they should make ash turn his hat again...i do. that was my child hood. i would always ware a hat, and when faced with an obstacle turn it around.

Wat do you thnk???

No, because he doesn't need to do it. Imo it was stupid and pointless. It didn't make him cooler or anything.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
to be honest I didn't even noticed he stopped doing that...
I think that says it all...../:

I hadn't noticed this either until someone brought this same topic up a while ago.:/

It would be weird for him to start the 'hat turn' again since he hasn't done it in...how many episodes? 400-500+? I admit it was a cute little quirk almost, but I don't really care which direction he wants his hat to face.

milenadrg

Ash's character is much older than before so that's possibly the reason he stopped turning his hat. I highly doubt we are ever going to see him again doing that...
However, I am totally neutral to that hat turn and I wouldn't care if he starts doing that again...

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
Again a threat about that.

Ash's character is much older than before so that's possibly the reason he stopped turning his hat. I highly doubt we are ever going to see him again doing that...
However, I am totally neutral to that hat turn and I wouldn't care if he starts doing that again...

Totally agree.

no, that'd be a step back.
Ash isn't a novice...anymore.

Wat do you thnk???

Your whole childhood based on a hat turn... Wow.

Anyways, Yes I think he should. I miss those times >:

Sweeney Todd

...with passion. ♥
I don't think it should return. That's become old, childish, and basically stale. Just like Misty did in the anime. That was then, this is now.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I don't think it's that important. I think the PokeRap should return tho. :D

Champion Jared 14

Oh, the sweet nostalgia around Ash's turn of hat...I did like it though...I didn't think it was making him like a rookie, but I thought it was just something that was kinda cool....Ash isn't a novice trainer?? Lol, over the past few years ash has gotten some good pokemon and strategies but he still makes those noobish battling mistakes from time to time...Trying to shock ground types...like Swampert...Ash doesn't know that much about pokemon...using normal attacks on ghost types...like Agatha's Gengar, underestimating his opponents power, like E4 Drake, and Paul...who's yet to be defeated in a battle by him...he a decent trainer, but still acts like a newb...

I miss the hat turn but it was only effective with his old hat. :[ Now it would just be lame. I don't think he should do it anymore.